1997 Chevrolet Express 3500 Passenger

8.1

Based on 246 Ratings for the 1996 - 2016 models.

I love this van! It does everything I want!

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Versatile, easy to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "low fuel efficiency but fits 15 people!"

"I have owned two of these (2003) and (2008). My current 08 has 168000 miles and the only mechanical issue was at 165000 miles with a water pump. Mileage is low at 13.5 mpg but that was expected. We take this vehicle on family vacations every summer and put on about 30,000 miles per year. Great vehicle!"

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"great for hauling people, the more you have the more comfortable the ride. You can't easily convince adults that it is a 15 passenger van, but with a mix of kids, it can be done. So far so good on the reliablity."

No compaints.

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "I know it's not stylist, but very practiable."

Cons: "Not many cup holders, only two on console."

"This is my fifth Chevy van. The curent model,with 120K miles is a 3500 w/a 6.0l gas engine. We use it for long distance vacations,towing,and moving any thing we need to. A lot of room with the seats out.Never had a problem. I get 18 mpg driving at 65mph. Great for what we use it for."

Did The Job Very Well

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Great to Drive"

"Company Vehicle used for building a multi-million dollar business. Reliable and hard working but with growth we need something bigger"

awesome vehicle

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "great price and heavy duty"

Cons: "it's raw inside, so kinda loud"

"i'm an artist and have used this rig for shows since 2001. FUlly loaded with heavy art it still drives like a champ."

Nothing Made Better Than This

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Don't usually like writing reviews, but the Chevy Express is the exception. We have owned about 15 Express vans from in the 1500 and 2500 series from 2006 to 2011, and there isn't a more durable cargo van this size anywhere. Occasionally we'll have the occasional water pump go out or wheel bearings need replacing. One of our express vans has gone 200,000 miles without major problems or without even changing the spark plugs. From the time they're new (to us) we only use synthetic fluid, and continue proper maintenance. Alignments have been our only real complaint. They weren't properly aligned from the factory and have difficulty keeping a couple of them aligned. Wonderful Vehicle."

Good reliable versatile vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pros: "Runs great very versatile"

Cons: "A few annoying problems"

"Runs great, plenty of power.Versatile for passengers, camping and hauling. AC has gone out twice. Plastic gas tank cracked had to be replaced. Cd player has broke twice. Gas gauge and dash lights don't work. Wish it had a grab bar for passengers."

great for our Family

By on Saturday, December 26, 2009

"We purchaased the van in 2001 with about 8500 miles on it from a local dealer for our new family of five kids aged 7-13. The dealer fixed a faulty fuse in the first week, but other than that it has run flawlessly. It's had regulary service and oil changes (including brakes and tires) and we've never had a single mechanical failure. No engine, tranny, drive train or electrical problems, The A/C and heating have all run well with no failures. It can take a few minutes to heat up in the winter. The interior has gotten dirty (five kids) but all fabrics have held up very well and no tears or worn spots in the carpet. Having both the front and rear air controls has been important as the front cools off but the back can be stuffy. We've hauled teams and their gear, moved households, etc. with no problems. In town gas mileage has consistently been 10mpg with 12 on the highway."

good friend

By on Sunday, November 22, 2009

"We bought this van used with 14k miles. We retrofitted it to haul dirtbikes and gear to the pro motocross races around the country. I built a middle section sleeper area. This van has been a good and reliable vehicle. We put an additional 73k miles on it and the only maintenance, other than tires, was the front wheel bearing assemblies, on both sides, had to be replaced. They were bone dry of grease. Not a hard job to do. I would much rather have a type with zerk fittings so this would not occur. Very solid van with okay mileage for its size, about 16mpg, loaded, at 70 mph. The big brakes are great! Front and rear discs will stop you QUICK! Comfortable seats help a lot on the long drives."

A work horse

By on Thursday, September 3, 2009

"I still have my 2000 3500 cargo, with only 70,000 miles. I bought it new in 2001 as a leftover. It was invoice minus $2000 from chevy (to get it off the lot) and another $2700 off from using my GM card. I liked it so much that I kept it after closing up my business. It is excellent to tow with and I've come close to it's maximum 10,000lbs limit. It loves to tow and it seems the heavier the load the better it drives! The locking rear has got me out of quite a few slippery places. The only thing that I really hate is the anti lock brakes. Some day I'll remember to see how it stops if I pull the anti lock fuse. Note that I hate anti lock brakes in general, not just on this vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 3500 Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals