2010 Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo

8.1

Based on 244 Ratings for the 1999 - 2015 models.

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"I have owned a mix of American and Japanese cars through the years. My Chevy Express 3500 is unquestionably the best vehicle I have ever owned. It has a long list of phenomenal attributes. Most of all, it runs. Hats off to GM for manufacturing a fine vehicle. I have been a skeptic of the US auto industry. This van renews my faith that they are most capable of producing the highest quality in an automobile."

express van traveling

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"Have owned several conversion vans. This is the most versital we have owned. We have traveled across the US, towed a boat and camper with this van. The nice part is the rear bench and two middle captain chairs easily remove. The video system and the dual screens have been a life saver on the long trips."

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"I have driven a lot of vans in my 27 years of construction. I would have to say that this is the second best that I have driven. First would have to go to my '96 Dodge Ram 250. That van was at 260,000 miles when I sold it and the motor had never been touched. I did have to have the tranny rebuilt. My Express 2500 runs great, gets OK mileage (between 16-17mpg), hauls loads with no problem, and also looks good. I have 120k on it now and have had no problems. No transmission issues and no motor noise. Hope this will make it past the 250k!"

Chevy express

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"Everything is fabulous and reliability is great too just had to replace transmission every 50,000 miles"

LOves The Oil Companies

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"This vehicle had 12000 miles when I purchased it. he first thing was a baffle in the muffler, replaced then bad again within 2000 miles, fuel economy is 12-13.5 towing no towing 55 or 75mph. Window tilt out broke the revits out within 30 days, the chev badge is delaminating inside the plastic, the doors are hard to close or stay open when you want them to, THe rear end is noisy, the glove box did not latrch, it wonders the road, and they say it is ok."

Great Van Ran It Up To 295k Almost Made IT To 300k

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "A lot of Pep Nice Seats"

Cons: "Tough to Maneover in Tight Places stay off sand."

"Owned this 2500 Series Van since 2004 bought it new.Breakdown occurred over 200k wheel Bearings wore out.AC Compresser went out around 250K.Alternator lasted over 150 k.At around 265K started having oil and anti freeze leaks.At 290 K Oil Pressure readings started to register below normal.So i have to depart with old reliable and Yes i will buy another Chevy Express.Only negative thing to say is kinda hard to turn around in tight parking lots and wish the cargo area was higher.Mpg could be better.Highly Recommend"

2003 bought new

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Van has been a good family vehicle, runs good, tows good and nice ride. Very poor quality interior, AC quit twice, gas gauge quit working, dash lights don't work, CD changer broke twice, plastic gas tank cracked had to be replaced, exterior door hinges froze up. Good work horse, decent gas mileage, drive train reliable, 83,000 miles."

Great van, good MPG, great road vehicle

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, roomy, great road vehicle, good MPG"

"I have the AWD version and it's great in ice and snow. Get anywhere from 17-21 MPG on the road with the 300 HP 5.3 liter engine. Comfortable on a long trip, easy to drive and overall a good very reliable road vehicle."

Hate to part with but I am sick

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

"This is a must see vehicle,very clean and well kept.Has most available features,Power door locks,windows,mirrows,cruise control,AM FM CD great wheels,would replace tires but raise asking price if I would."

Regular maint. has kept this van running great.

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pros: "Dependable every day."

"Every 5,000 miles I change the oil, rotate tires and service whatever else needs service. Over 1 million starts and still has the original starter. It's never failed me, and I'm sure I can get another 400K out of it. Best vehicle I've ever owned."

good value

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "comfort,smooth ride,spacious"

Cons: "brakes,top heavy,hard wind could affect steering"

"no problems with this conversion van so far.only complaint is brakes as only the front are disc and it needs a stiffer suspension if you use the van on winding roads as it is top heavy.in a strong crosswind you could end up in another lane unless you have a strong grip on wheel.the paint on the roof of the conversion van is fading badly but the main bodypaint of the van still holds a shine and looks good in green.my savanna van has a stiffer ride and hugs the road much better.if seeking a comfortable Cadillac style ride on straight smooth highway is what you seek then the 2002 chevy express fits the bill."

Tough as nails

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, reliability."

Cons: "MPG(although no bad 14 city 17 hwy)"

"Bought with 8000 miles, has been a workhorse, nothing has ever gone wrong with it...only regular maintenance required."

No better van than a HEAVY DUTY

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "HEAVY DUTY!"

Cons: "Me I picked the 4.8 instead of the 6.0, poor mpg"

Many great family vacation memories

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "Gas mileage of 15 not the best"

"Yes it is large but our family of five have gone to over 30 states on vacations with it. The room, pulling power, comfort have made our trips memorable. The room with the seats removed is cavernous. Great for taking kids to college or gear for scout trips."

By on Saturday, March 06, 2010

"One of the best vehicles I have ever bought. I bought it new and have not had ANY major problems with it. I would not hesitate taking a cross country trip in it right now, even with 124000 miles on the clock."

Get out what you put in...

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"I was a Mopar fan until I began driving the '97 1500 5.7L I have now. It was a fleet vehicle then I took ownership of it. Had to do the tranny at 145k but that was due to abuse by other employees. And yes, the intake manifold gaskets as well as the ECM. Since I took private ownership this van has been solid and much better than the competition I owned. I wish they would have done better with the plastic trim and "way too easy to break into" door locks, but at 176K this van still has guts to get out of its own way and has never left me stranded. In fact it runs and drives real strong. Overall you get out of this vehicle what you put into it. If you neglect it you will pay, the upkeep is not bad and pays off. I liked it so much I just invested in an '05 and look forward to putting 150k on it."

great engine, horrible body

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"We own a 2000 we have driven for five years with absolutely no engine problems at all, however the car is literally falling apart around the engine. The left door doesn't close some days, the interior lights don't work, the locks dont work, the drivers window doesnt work, several back windows wont lock, and the brakes are replaced more often then the oil is changed. (every six months). It's ashame chevy doesn't recognize these problems because in the future we will buy ford. Even our rear a/c doesnt work and the rear stereo speakers have fallen free from the ceiling and wont work. Cheap plastic everywhere!!!!!"

Hate to give it up

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I need to sell this for tax reasons, but I hate to give it up. The seats move in and out with pins - unlike some that are bolted. This is huge for most small business owners who have kids by night and moving stuff by day. I have driven my kids to the prom and let them put decorate it like a limo. i have also hauled a car and 11 people at the same time. Great power. Extreme comfort for a van. I hate to see it go I am planning to just buy the same van."

house on wheels

By on Monday, September 01, 2008

"i have owned 3 chey vans/ to date. the last one had 284,000/ a 2004, 2500 hundred. repair cost were average. look in side the side rails over your head. our very well built and strong, so in a roll over if belted you may do ok. i,m a professtional driver, and have rolled 557,000 miles in my 3 chevys. to things i would like to see, is a longer set rail , all the why back there just is not any room to move. and so far every new one i bought the tires gave a hard ride .if you like to camp bike or just haul it will get the job done. and the price is good to."

Very reliable

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"We have had this van for six years. It has been extremely reliable, roomy, and comfortable. We have had to replace the fuel pump and several other parts, but the engine had a lot of miles on it. We have never been afraid to take off on a trip and feel secure in traveling in it. We have a very large family and this van has been great to us."

Buyer Beware

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"Reasonably good vehicle when it works. Problem is, there are problems. Rear lighting problems from the start. Door trim and other stuff very breakable, Seat belt recall with some difficulity getting dealer to repair. Poor gas mileage. Engine ran well for about 125,000 miles then started "clicking". Mechanic says it's a cracked piston and engine will have to be replaced at around $3000."

95,000 mi. no problems

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"I have had this "99" 5.7 conversion van since new and only minor problems like the rear air conditioning line leak and a loose wire on the starter. I have driven many other vans and this one outperforms the others in power and handling. Other problems that people say about the van are preventable with proper maintenance and care."

Cant get rid of it

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"Cant sel it keep breaking down 2001 3500 cargo v8 89.000mile 2nd engine elecrical problems, rear light problems and to many problem to list"

Great Van

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"After driving this van for the last 5 years, I can say it has been a great truck. I have driven the Ford van, and we have many in our company, but any of GM vans out handle the Fords anyday. After our company chnaged to Ford for an entire fleet replacement, we have now changed back to GM/ Chevrolet, and I am waiting on the arrival of an 08. All I can say is Thank God. The new grill on the fords look great but you'll never be as happy with it. Pick GM and regret it!"

Front end problems!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Bought this 2003 new.No problems,EXCEPT when the van is loaded,going down a 6+% grade,it can be very exciting: Violent shaking,totally out of control,scary ride.If you have a weak heart,stay out of these circumstances.Talked with GM about this,went to several dealers,never got an answer. Bottom line,I do not haul a load with this van into the Smokies,or anywhere else where I expect to find steep grades. (I use my Dodge Sprinter for the mountains.)It (Chevy) gets as much as 15 MPG. Not good,but when I bought it,not bad.It has been very reliable after 43K miles.Have had numerous Chevy's and have been pleased with most of them. Wouldn't buy another one.The front end problem cured me forever."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals