2010 Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo

8.1

Based on 246 Ratings for the 1999 - 2016 models.

disapointed

By on Thursday, January 24, 2008

"bought it new in 04, has been in shop 5 times. bad starter,seatbelt recall, rear air conditioning line leak, rear heater line leak. Aluminum line to rear heater was installed at factory rubbing on spring shackle which took 3 years (23000 miles) to grind thru and leak, aluminum line to rear air started leaking in just 2 years from corrision(?) so said the dealer. Bought the easy care gold total care extended warranty ($1665.00) but they would not cover the heater line repair, said it was considered a "hose".the awd works great in snow,runs and drives excellent. GM needs to address quality control. will consider another brand, even imports next time around."

Great Hauler!

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2007

"I bought this van new 5 days after the 9/11 attack. It is one of the first 2002 stretch vans and has been a faithful cross-country hauler of HEAVY loads. It now has 110,000 miles and the only major repairs have been the A/C system and the rear axle--which to everyones' surprise is a 1-1/2 ton axle according to the VIN number. I bought a new 1998 1-ton stretch van just like my 2002 in 1997 and had great luck with that one too. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! These vans get 14 mpg empty or loaded on the highway."

great family van

By on Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"trying to find a replacemnet is hard since comfort and size are so great can drive 16 hours without back fatigue pulls trailer and camper without problem kids can not touch each other"

Chevy express

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"Everything is fabulous and reliability is great too just had to replace transmission every 50,000 miles"

good work house auto

By on Monday, September 3, 2007

"not may problems for upkeep. Only problem is the fuel pump going out. Other then that this van is good for heavy loads."

Best service work vehicle I've owned

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"The reliability, comfort, power, ease of use far exceeds any other service work truck I"ve ever owned. Storage and access to materials and tools is great."

great van

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

"i have a v8 5.7 runs great ac is real cold and its runs like i was flying on the highway you go 80 mph and you dont feel it and the gas mil on it is like a v6 van i fill it up with $125.00 with gas at $4.00 a gal it has 31gal on it .. it will last me for 4to5 weeks depnes on how much you drive im a mobile car wash so im always out there hople this helps"

Love it for our big family

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "easy to tow with, great space for big families"

Cons: "? can't think of any"

"We have had so much fun with this rig! It's big enough to be comfortable for our family and all the gear we carry. We also have taken it to Disneyland (22 hours) with another family and we had a great time. Also it's big enough to tow our trailer around with no issues! We've even taken it to the city and parallel parked it."

Great Van Ran It Up To 295k Almost Made IT To 300k

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "A lot of Pep Nice Seats"

Cons: "Tough to Maneover in Tight Places stay off sand."

"Owned this 2500 Series Van since 2004 bought it new.Breakdown occurred over 200k wheel Bearings wore out.AC Compresser went out around 250K.Alternator lasted over 150 k.At around 265K started having oil and anti freeze leaks.At 290 K Oil Pressure readings started to register below normal.So i have to depart with old reliable and Yes i will buy another Chevy Express.Only negative thing to say is kinda hard to turn around in tight parking lots and wish the cargo area was higher.Mpg could be better.Highly Recommend"

Express 3500 V8 5.7 15 Passenger - Love it!

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pros: "If you score one in great condition used- buy it!"

"I bought mine used from a touring rock band for my touring rock band. We pack her to the ceiling with gear and she never has a hard time. We've toured all over the united states and she keeps on ticking. She's got over 200,000 miles on her, and she's still the best ride I've ever owned. Strong engine, super comfy. My only complaint is the interior is plastic and takes a beating. The passnger doors tend to knock into eachother and eventually cause a dent.I've toured in Dodge Rams, Ford Vans, and this Chevy has my heart. If you take good care of it, it will take good care of you!"

Most comfortable vehicle

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"We had a few problems under warranty, One problem a leaking intake manifold was not properly fixed by the dealer, but we did not find this out until too late. The transmission had a problem at 100000. A valve wore out that had to be replaced. I have scrupulously maintained the van with regular tuneups, regular oil changes, regular total transmission fluid and filter changes. The engine and transmission work almost as good as when new. My only complaint is the gas mileage has never been as good as the specs promised and has reduced by about 25%. My mechanic has scoped it and the scope shows nothing wrong. The plastic on the doors has cracked with age and the buttons for locking the doors has fallen into the doors. Even when gas was $4.00 a gallon we could not justify buying another car. It's strengths are that in the basics it has been sound, reliable. performed well, (I've done 95 mph but have not top ended it yet) is supremely comfortable. We have never had a more comfortable car."

good reliable vehicle

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "easy acess to cargo area"

"most dependable vehicle i had"

Nice Van

By on Friday, December 18, 2009

"I've owned vans since 1970. My 2007 Express cargo is great. One complaint, I tried to be cheap and got the 4.8. This motor just isn't big enough. The mileage is no better because the motor is working too hard. Try to haul a camper, forget it. Just buy the bigger motor and you'll have the best riding, handling all around van there is."

Nice powertrain and handling

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Handles great for full sized van, pulls well."

Cons: "road noise."

Chevy

"This has been avery good van for our family. Very comfortable and nice riding and handling. Does have more road noise due to lack of dampening insulation which gives it a somewhat tinny sound when closing the doors. Great for pulling a boat with almost no downshifts on inclines. Well powered for pulling. I really hated to see them discontinue what I consider to be Chevy's best engine ever. I did have tranny replaced after about 170000, and this vehicle has always used coolant which I hear may be from Chevy going with a cheap plastic intake manifold. Engine always runs cool and never overheats (unless coolant gets too low). Seats are definitely better than the newer ones with more padding and better comfort. Engine is also better for pulling with more power at a lower RPM and less downshifting. Left side not having doors (like the newer ones) is also better for loading a wheelchair without dropping into the step well by the door. Older design is also better than the new ones that no longer has grease fittings on your steering components. I'd buy another one if they built them the same. Seems as thogh quality has dropped and price has gone WAY up."

Chevy

Custom van purchased in Sep 2005, has been perfect

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Great family vehicle!"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better!"

"A high end custom van on a Chevy chassis and has been the perfect family and traveling vehicle, as well as pulling a 19 foot ski/fishing boat on a tandem trailer. The 7000 # trailering rating with the tow/haul auto tranny works well. Vehicle has been essentially trouble free, gas mileage runs around 17 on the highway, 15 around town. The 30 gallon gas tank makes for good travelling as you can go about 400 miles between fillups. The drivers side passenger door is well appreciated by most passengers and makes loading large items easy. The second row seats are removable in case you need to move large items like recliners, etc. This is the sixth custom van i have owned and Chevrolet and the customizer make a great van for traveling!"

Serves us well when we need it

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "good basic working van"

Cons: "AC needs repair. rear seat belts dangle"

"Good basic van for use by 4 people.10 people if you fix the rear AC. Has 3 benches. Heat fine in front and rear. AC needs fixing so those without windows in back get hot and stuffy. Excellent for moving,hauling items or stuff. Used originally for large family. Over years they all now have cars.Only drove it when we took the whole crew someplace so mileage is low. We keep it and use it like a truck when needed. Long trips- doesn't have built in gps or movies for kids -now standard accessories if you have small kids. radio, cd player fine. We're keeping it til it dies which I don't think will be anytime soon. It hasn't had issues at all."

Best Van to Date

By on Monday, October 25, 2010

"We have a 1999 1500 with a 5.7 lt. Great van has been taken across the USA 198,000 miles worth pulling a 5800 lb camper and 7 passengers. Great, roomy and comfortable ride!!! With regular mantainace this van will go for 300,000 miles easy."

Great service van

By on Sunday, September 5, 2010

"2003 Chevy Express 2500 - Overall, I couldn't ask more from this van. I am an electrician with over 1500 lbs. of gear crammed into this van every day and it never feels like its suffering. I have the 5.3L V8 and am very satisfied with how smooth the engine and 4 speed auto transmission work together. Of course I would like to have the newer 6 speed for improved hill climbing and fuel economy, but this transmission is a gem. The ride is decent, probably because I have a good load in it most of the time. Road noise and tire noise is pronounced because of lack of insulation, and the van creaks and moans like every other van I've ever driven. The quality of the trim though is deplorable. The door handle has completely broken off, as did the driver side front windshield weather stripping when I was driving into wind at around 75 MPH. I glued the weather stripping back on with apoxy, seems ok now. Its a true value as long as you can find a good used one for a decent price, I can't believe what the dealers are asking for new ones. As long as you keep up with the maintanance on the engine and critical drivetrain components, it will last you a very long time, probably more than you want to keep it, but thats a good thing."

Express awd the best ever

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"This is hands down the most capable van I have ever owned! The thing just goes and goes! I have never gotten stuck, the traction is awesome! Mine is pretty loaded up and that just makes it even nicer! This is the best work truck ever! It is quiet, strong and even loaded with 2500#s of tools and equipment, I get 15 MPG around town. Not bad for a full sized AWD V8 with a lot of weight in it! I will drive this until the wheels fall off! Had one issue with the hood rusting, was replaced with a new hood by GM at 75000 miles! Great truck!"

Hate to give it up

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I need to sell this for tax reasons, but I hate to give it up. The seats move in and out with pins - unlike some that are bolted. This is huge for most small business owners who have kids by night and moving stuff by day. I have driven my kids to the prom and let them put decorate it like a limo. i have also hauled a car and 11 people at the same time. Great power. Extreme comfort for a van. I hate to see it go I am planning to just buy the same van."

By on Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"There is some type of fuel and or electrical problems with these vans. The mechanics keep diagnosing things and fixing it costing hundreds of dollars but problem is not corrected. After doing some online research I found that these vans dating back to 1997 has been having the same problems."

Does the job

By on Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Bought this for a small kitchen remodeling business. Does the job fine hauling tools, cabinets etc. Struggles a bit with heavy loads but it is only the 1500 so one really cannot complain. Stable at highway speeds loaded or not. Not great in bad ice/snow but there was no 4wd available at the time I bought this. Brakes seemed to wear out very quickly, had a couple of "brake jobs" costing around $800 in less than 4 years (65k). Also tie rod went twice on front left. Driven by owner only and never driven hard so this is a quality issue but then again it is Chevy so what can one expect."

Very Reliable Vehicle

By on Friday, December 5, 2008

"My mechanical company only uses 98 thru 02 G3500 vans in it's fleet. My van is a 99 with 227000 mi and has had no major mechanical problems. I starts and drives 200-400 miles everyday fully loaded to the GVWR of 9500lbs. The only problem that I have is that the front brake pads need to be replaced every other oil change(about 10000 miles). We have several other chevy vans in the fleet with more than 400000mi and still have the original engines and transmissions. These vans are very tough and dependable."

wonderful

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I haul 14 people back and forth to work 5 days a week 120 miles round trip and never a bit of trouble.I rate it number 1 best buy."

Comfort AND Style!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"If you need comfort AND style, and don't want to be part of the mini-van croud, this is your vehicle! The ride is great and you can travel in extreme comfort."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals