2010 Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo

8.1

Based on 238 Ratings for the 1996 - 2015 models.

very good

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"I have 200.000 miles and just minor problems still driving good."

Good work Van

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"I have had this for over a year now, and it has serve me well. No problems so far. It can definably carry it's own weight."

Good work van

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"No major problems @ 50K miles. Can haul a load of tools and materials and still get 20 mpg. I'll always recommend a Chevrolet!"

Excellent

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"This is my second 15 passenger G3500 Express van. I'm in the market for my third, because they have been so reliable and handle so well as compared to the equivalent Ford vans I'd used previously. With over sixty thousand miles on this one I've had no malfunctions and only routine maintenance expenses. Winter starting is completely reliable, even in the cold weather of Alaska. No regrets!"

Great Truck, not bad on gas

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Durable and reliable"

Cons: "not great on mud or ice"

"This is a great truck. Had mine since 2005 (it is a 2002)and it had 30000 miles on it when I bought it. The inside is more comfortable than you would think but it is not the most manueverable in smaller spaces. It is great on gas gets 15 to 17 miles to the gallon but the tank is huge so when you do fill up all the way it will take a dent out of your wallet. I am a DJ and I haul light to heavy loads of lighting and sound equipment and this truck is used 5 days a week so it gets used hard. Jobs can sometimes be out of state and I can't tell you how much of an improvement this is from our last couple vans we had. I do not have to worry about it breaking down which is a big load of my mind. Don't get me wrong you still have the normal stuff just not the major stuff. It is not the greatest truck on wet grass or mud or ice or snow but as long as you have good tires and don't let them get bold you will do fine."

Work Van

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"I bought this van to use for my flooring installation business. It has about 75000K on it. Really like the extended wheelbase. The 6.0 engine has really got some power. I have hauled materials weighing over 4000 lbs with it, no problem for this 1 ton. It gets about 14 mpg in daily use. I took a 1700 mile trip and the gas mileage jumped to 16.9 running 75 mph most of the time. This is my 4th work van over the last 20 years, and it is the best so far."

excellent truck.

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "excellant truck."

Cons: "last owner may have hauled some rock in it."

"Vehicle is very comfortable. Vehicle is also very clean."

Powerful, Reliable Van Good for Work

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "great towing power"

Cons: "high fuel prices- gets about 15 hwy miles/gallon"

"This Chevy Van is the longest lasting vehicle I have ever owned. I am a contractor and boater. I needed a vehicle with powerful towing capabilities and the Chevy Express delivered. I have had no major mechanical problems, only general maintenance and normal wear and tear work. I have no complaints. I would purchase this vehicle again. If you're on the fence between two vehicles, you won't regret the investment in this model Chevy."

Nice Van

By on Friday, December 18, 2009

"I've owned vans since 1970. My 2007 Express cargo is great. One complaint, I tried to be cheap and got the 4.8. This motor just isn't big enough. The mileage is no better because the motor is working too hard. Try to haul a camper, forget it. Just buy the bigger motor and you'll have the best riding, handling all around van there is."

Most comfortable vehicle

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"We had a few problems under warranty, One problem a leaking intake manifold was not properly fixed by the dealer, but we did not find this out until too late. The transmission had a problem at 100000. A valve wore out that had to be replaced. I have scrupulously maintained the van with regular tuneups, regular oil changes, regular total transmission fluid and filter changes. The engine and transmission work almost as good as when new. My only complaint is the gas mileage has never been as good as the specs promised and has reduced by about 25%. My mechanic has scoped it and the scope shows nothing wrong. The plastic on the doors has cracked with age and the buttons for locking the doors has fallen into the doors. Even when gas was $4.00 a gallon we could not justify buying another car. It's strengths are that in the basics it has been sound, reliable. performed well, (I've done 95 mph but have not top ended it yet) is supremely comfortable. We have never had a more comfortable car."

Chevy Express

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"I LOVE my van. I own the 3500 15 passenger with a 6.0L V8. Fun to drive. Great visibility. Superb acceleration. Very reliable. Great traction. Very comfortabe. Great styling. Smooth ride. Great acceleration. Great van."

who could ask for more

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pros: "effortless power"

Cons: "rear whines high mileage"

"as a service tech we need our trucks to work for us without compromise this van has delivered all that i could hope for in a vehical...2001 2500 express rules!"

I love this van! It does everything I want!

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Versatile, easy to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "low fuel efficiency but fits 15 people!"

"I have owned two of these (2003) and (2008). My current 08 has 168000 miles and the only mechanical issue was at 165000 miles with a water pump. Mileage is low at 13.5 mpg but that was expected. We take this vehicle on family vacations every summer and put on about 30,000 miles per year. Great vehicle!"

Best Van Ever

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"After many years in home remodeling and using many trucks and vans of various vintages, I ordered this 2003 Express 2500 cargo van new and waited 4 weeks for the best van ever ! She is loaded with options , very reliable , no problems and a pleasure to own and drive. The 5300 V8 delivers 19 mpg on the highway loaded with cargo and air conditioning operating-- not bad for a full size van. I tow a trailer effortlessly. The Michelin tires make this van handle like a dream at highway speeds . I now have 123,000 miles on this one and ready to sell to a lucky buyer. I am however a little dissapointed in the resale value. I am selling due to upcoming surgery and being forced into another line of work so my need for a van is greatly decreased. Otherwise I would keep this one forever. My 1998 Astro was a piece of junk and I replaced it with a gem. If you are in the market , take my advise and buy a 2500 not a 1500 , get a V8 , AND BUY A 2003 OR NEWER. There were many mechanical advances introduced with the 2003 model year which you will benefit from in terms of servicing or should I say not servicing because nothing breaks down or wears out now including brakes. At 123,000 miles I still have the ORIGINAL brakes with 30% wear left ! I replaced brakes on that lousy Astro every year ! Great vehicle and I hate to see it go !!"

No compaints.

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "I know it's not stylist, but very practiable."

Cons: "Not many cup holders, only two on console."

"This is my fifth Chevy van. The curent model,with 120K miles is a 3500 w/a 6.0l gas engine. We use it for long distance vacations,towing,and moving any thing we need to. A lot of room with the seats out.Never had a problem. I get 18 mpg driving at 65mph. Great for what we use it for."

Did The Job Very Well

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Great to Drive"

"Company Vehicle used for building a multi-million dollar business. Reliable and hard working but with growth we need something bigger"

awesome vehicle

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "great price and heavy duty"

Cons: "it's raw inside, so kinda loud"

"i'm an artist and have used this rig for shows since 2001. FUlly loaded with heavy art it still drives like a champ."

Nothing Made Better Than This

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Don't usually like writing reviews, but the Chevy Express is the exception. We have owned about 15 Express vans from in the 1500 and 2500 series from 2006 to 2011, and there isn't a more durable cargo van this size anywhere. Occasionally we'll have the occasional water pump go out or wheel bearings need replacing. One of our express vans has gone 200,000 miles without major problems or without even changing the spark plugs. From the time they're new (to us) we only use synthetic fluid, and continue proper maintenance. Alignments have been our only real complaint. They weren't properly aligned from the factory and have difficulty keeping a couple of them aligned. Wonderful Vehicle."

Good reliable versatile vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Runs great very versatile"

Cons: "A few annoying problems"

"Runs great, plenty of power.Versatile for passengers, camping and hauling. AC has gone out twice. Plastic gas tank cracked had to be replaced. Cd player has broke twice. Gas gauge and dash lights don't work. Wish it had a grab bar for passengers."

great for our Family

By on Saturday, December 26, 2009

"We purchaased the van in 2001 with about 8500 miles on it from a local dealer for our new family of five kids aged 7-13. The dealer fixed a faulty fuse in the first week, but other than that it has run flawlessly. It's had regulary service and oil changes (including brakes and tires) and we've never had a single mechanical failure. No engine, tranny, drive train or electrical problems, The A/C and heating have all run well with no failures. It can take a few minutes to heat up in the winter. The interior has gotten dirty (five kids) but all fabrics have held up very well and no tears or worn spots in the carpet. Having both the front and rear air controls has been important as the front cools off but the back can be stuffy. We've hauled teams and their gear, moved households, etc. with no problems. In town gas mileage has consistently been 10mpg with 12 on the highway."

A work horse

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"I still have my 2000 3500 cargo, with only 70,000 miles. I bought it new in 2001 as a leftover. It was invoice minus $2000 from chevy (to get it off the lot) and another $2700 off from using my GM card. I liked it so much that I kept it after closing up my business. It is excellent to tow with and I've come close to it's maximum 10,000lbs limit. It loves to tow and it seems the heavier the load the better it drives! The locking rear has got me out of quite a few slippery places. The only thing that I really hate is the anti lock brakes. Some day I'll remember to see how it stops if I pull the anti lock fuse. Note that I hate anti lock brakes in general, not just on this vehicle."

not so bad

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"these are all subject to the same issues as the gm trucks ie intake gaskets fuel pumps leaky coolant lines and ac (rear units) and most costly TRANSMISSIONS and they will eat one every 100k or less and the intake will go at @ 80k or so miles if you can deal with the above issues they are workhorses you can count on and alot more van for the buck than its comp fords dodge ect"

Another? No.

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2008

"Bought new Feb 2000. Currently has 60,000 miles on it. When it hit 4 years old electrical gremlins set in,cd player,power antenna,power windows all have problems. Horrible on gas around town. Recently gas gauge stopped reading correctly,ugh! $30,000 when new now worth $7,000 in excellent shape,not a good value!"

Excellent Value

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"This is the best performing and stylish cargo van in the industry."

disapointed

By on Thursday, January 24, 2008

"bought it new in 04, has been in shop 5 times. bad starter,seatbelt recall, rear air conditioning line leak, rear heater line leak. Aluminum line to rear heater was installed at factory rubbing on spring shackle which took 3 years (23000 miles) to grind thru and leak, aluminum line to rear air started leaking in just 2 years from corrision(?) so said the dealer. Bought the easy care gold total care extended warranty ($1665.00) but they would not cover the heater line repair, said it was considered a "hose".the awd works great in snow,runs and drives excellent. GM needs to address quality control. will consider another brand, even imports next time around."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals