2009 Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo

8.1

Based on 244 Ratings for the 1999 - 2015 models.

Powerful, Reliable Van Good for Work

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "great towing power"

Cons: "high fuel prices- gets about 15 hwy miles/gallon"

"This Chevy Van is the longest lasting vehicle I have ever owned. I am a contractor and boater. I needed a vehicle with powerful towing capabilities and the Chevy Express delivered. I have had no major mechanical problems, only general maintenance and normal wear and tear work. I have no complaints. I would purchase this vehicle again. If you're on the fence between two vehicles, you won't regret the investment in this model Chevy."

excellent truck.

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "excellant truck."

Cons: "last owner may have hauled some rock in it."

"Vehicle is very comfortable. Vehicle is also very clean."

Nice Van

By on Friday, December 18, 2009

"I've owned vans since 1970. My 2007 Express cargo is great. One complaint, I tried to be cheap and got the 4.8. This motor just isn't big enough. The mileage is no better because the motor is working too hard. Try to haul a camper, forget it. Just buy the bigger motor and you'll have the best riding, handling all around van there is."

Most comfortable vehicle

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"We had a few problems under warranty, One problem a leaking intake manifold was not properly fixed by the dealer, but we did not find this out until too late. The transmission had a problem at 100000. A valve wore out that had to be replaced. I have scrupulously maintained the van with regular tuneups, regular oil changes, regular total transmission fluid and filter changes. The engine and transmission work almost as good as when new. My only complaint is the gas mileage has never been as good as the specs promised and has reduced by about 25%. My mechanic has scoped it and the scope shows nothing wrong. The plastic on the doors has cracked with age and the buttons for locking the doors has fallen into the doors. Even when gas was $4.00 a gallon we could not justify buying another car. It's strengths are that in the basics it has been sound, reliable. performed well, (I've done 95 mph but have not top ended it yet) is supremely comfortable. We have never had a more comfortable car."

Best Van Ever

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"After many years in home remodeling and using many trucks and vans of various vintages, I ordered this 2003 Express 2500 cargo van new and waited 4 weeks for the best van ever ! She is loaded with options , very reliable , no problems and a pleasure to own and drive. The 5300 V8 delivers 19 mpg on the highway loaded with cargo and air conditioning operating-- not bad for a full size van. I tow a trailer effortlessly. The Michelin tires make this van handle like a dream at highway speeds . I now have 123,000 miles on this one and ready to sell to a lucky buyer. I am however a little dissapointed in the resale value. I am selling due to upcoming surgery and being forced into another line of work so my need for a van is greatly decreased. Otherwise I would keep this one forever. My 1998 Astro was a piece of junk and I replaced it with a gem. If you are in the market , take my advise and buy a 2500 not a 1500 , get a V8 , AND BUY A 2003 OR NEWER. There were many mechanical advances introduced with the 2003 model year which you will benefit from in terms of servicing or should I say not servicing because nothing breaks down or wears out now including brakes. At 123,000 miles I still have the ORIGINAL brakes with 30% wear left ! I replaced brakes on that lousy Astro every year ! Great vehicle and I hate to see it go !!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals