2006 Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo

8.1

Based on 238 Ratings for the 1996 - 2015 models.

Good But not the best

By on Saturday, October 10, 2009

"I have a 1500 series van which I have done some stuff to like a K&N filter, heavier springs, and a few other minor things. I like the van, but have had electrical issues out of the tail lights and brake lights since the day I bought it. At one point the dash almost caught fire! Overall, I like the van, roomy, power, tows great, styling, interior, all the other goodies, but hate the fact it pops fuses like popcorn!"

Very reliable

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"We have had this van for six years. It has been extremely reliable, roomy, and comfortable. We have had to replace the fuel pump and several other parts, but the engine had a lot of miles on it. We have never been afraid to take off on a trip and feel secure in traveling in it. We have a very large family and this van has been great to us."

worst vehicle ever

By on Saturday, August 02, 2008

"This van is the worst vehicle that I had ever bought. I have major problems every couple of months."

GREAT DEPENDABLE VAN

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL OF THE 3500 EXPRESS CARGO VANS . I AVERAGE AROUND TWO HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND MILES ON THESE VANS WITH VERY LITTLE PROBLEMS.I USE SYNTHETIC OIL BY CASTROL AND CHANGE IT EVERY 45HUNDRED MILES.IF YOU SERVICE THEM AS YOU SHOULD ,ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DRIVE THEM AND THEY WILL PAY FOR IT SELF."

Buyer Beware

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"Reasonably good vehicle when it works. Problem is, there are problems. Rear lighting problems from the start. Door trim and other stuff very breakable, Seat belt recall with some difficulity getting dealer to repair. Poor gas mileage. Engine ran well for about 125,000 miles then started "clicking". Mechanic says it's a cracked piston and engine will have to be replaced at around $3000."

ok for 12 passenger

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"Zero mechanical problems. Noisier than expected but it is basically a cargo van with seats. Can't expect too much. Gas milage depends on how hard you drive it. If you're a bad driver you'll get 9.5 MPG if you're a decent driver, 14.5. No kidding!! that much of a difference."

Family hauler

By on Monday, May 26, 2008

"We bought the van when it was five years old and have used it for five more without any problems. Very comfortable with loads of room. Very good looking conversion van."

Visitor Bus

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"We love our van. we live in Florida. We have a big family that visits and we can all load up and travel together with room for boogie boards, fishing gear, golf clubs and all the "stuff" everybody needs. If It's just my husband and me we can take out seat, make a bed, hitch on to the boat and go camping in the Keys. It's very versatile and rides a little stiff over the axle, but It pulls a 20 foot boat like it wasn't there. We feel like God gave us a blessing."

good title, clean and dependable

By on Monday, October 08, 2007

"very good cond. Only put 6000 miles on it in past two years. Had a small car when it was purchased and now have a buick rendezvous with more room and don't use the van for travel any more. Only repair done to it has been fuel filter replacement. Runs good."

Front end problems!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Bought this 2003 new.No problems,EXCEPT when the van is loaded,going down a 6+% grade,it can be very exciting: Violent shaking,totally out of control,scary ride.If you have a weak heart,stay out of these circumstances.Talked with GM about this,went to several dealers,never got an answer. Bottom line,I do not haul a load with this van into the Smokies,or anywhere else where I expect to find steep grades. (I use my Dodge Sprinter for the mountains.)It (Chevy) gets as much as 15 MPG. Not good,but when I bought it,not bad.It has been very reliable after 43K miles.Have had numerous Chevy's and have been pleased with most of them. Wouldn't buy another one.The front end problem cured me forever."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals