2002 Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo

8.1

Based on 242 Ratings for the 1996 - 2015 models.

Works Hard, Plays Harder!

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"I was given this van for work replacing our Dodge Vans. I can honestly say that the van is styled well. Engineers must have been service work oriented on this design. It is comfortable, has plenty of power for a V6, and rides well. I can even haul my boat with it after work and get more out of it. Goes great in the snow as well. My only complaint is the side doors need a better design on the hinges, have to oil weekly to keep them moving freely."

Best Van Ever

By on Sunday, July 04, 2010

"I've had one for 3 years and it still runs great! I would recommend this to a friend. It is a little Diesel hungry but depending on how you drive it around it should get decent mileage like for me it gets 23 MPG City and 20 MPG Highway. But I also got some good flowing mufflers and some small little things to help beef up the MPG."

Comfort AND Style!

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"If you need comfort AND style, and don't want to be part of the mini-van croud, this is your vehicle! The ride is great and you can travel in extreme comfort."

Front end problems!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Bought this 2003 new.No problems,EXCEPT when the van is loaded,going down a 6+% grade,it can be very exciting: Violent shaking,totally out of control,scary ride.If you have a weak heart,stay out of these circumstances.Talked with GM about this,went to several dealers,never got an answer. Bottom line,I do not haul a load with this van into the Smokies,or anywhere else where I expect to find steep grades. (I use my Dodge Sprinter for the mountains.)It (Chevy) gets as much as 15 MPG. Not good,but when I bought it,not bad.It has been very reliable after 43K miles.Have had numerous Chevy's and have been pleased with most of them. Wouldn't buy another one.The front end problem cured me forever."

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Awesome vehicle for family travel and for hauling. Only problem is that the transmission went just past the warranty and GMAC would not help compensate me."

Best van ever!

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I have owned 7 vans, 5 new, this one ordered with the 7.4L gas, ext. van, heavily optioned, put on 86,000 smiles, wonderful vehicle, will always be remembered fondly, and compared to as the gold standard. My trade-in value was phenominal, and replaced with a new Avalance, since 4WD is now an absolute necessity. I miss that van tremendously!"

Do not buy this vehicle

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"We have a 1998 Global Express conversion van. Despite excellent maintenance, the engine blew up at 120,000 miles. The engine is not repairable. The rear tail lights on mine (and others I have seen) must have some sort of a short. Have to replace the entire socket fixture to correct. The doors rattle incessantly. The upper dash board crakced under the heat in Florida. This is not a good vehicle to own. Save yourself a lot of aggravation and look for something different."

good work house auto

By on Monday, September 03, 2007

"not may problems for upkeep. Only problem is the fuel pump going out. Other then that this van is good for heavy loads."

very good

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"I have 200.000 miles and just minor problems still driving good."

Good work Van

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"I have had this for over a year now, and it has serve me well. No problems so far. It can definably carry it's own weight."

Good work van

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"No major problems @ 50K miles. Can haul a load of tools and materials and still get 20 mpg. I'll always recommend a Chevrolet!"

Excellent

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"This is my second 15 passenger G3500 Express van. I'm in the market for my third, because they have been so reliable and handle so well as compared to the equivalent Ford vans I'd used previously. With over sixty thousand miles on this one I've had no malfunctions and only routine maintenance expenses. Winter starting is completely reliable, even in the cold weather of Alaska. No regrets!"

Great Truck, not bad on gas

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Durable and reliable"

Cons: "not great on mud or ice"

"This is a great truck. Had mine since 2005 (it is a 2002)and it had 30000 miles on it when I bought it. The inside is more comfortable than you would think but it is not the most manueverable in smaller spaces. It is great on gas gets 15 to 17 miles to the gallon but the tank is huge so when you do fill up all the way it will take a dent out of your wallet. I am a DJ and I haul light to heavy loads of lighting and sound equipment and this truck is used 5 days a week so it gets used hard. Jobs can sometimes be out of state and I can't tell you how much of an improvement this is from our last couple vans we had. I do not have to worry about it breaking down which is a big load of my mind. Don't get me wrong you still have the normal stuff just not the major stuff. It is not the greatest truck on wet grass or mud or ice or snow but as long as you have good tires and don't let them get bold you will do fine."

Work Van

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"I bought this van to use for my flooring installation business. It has about 75000K on it. Really like the extended wheelbase. The 6.0 engine has really got some power. I have hauled materials weighing over 4000 lbs with it, no problem for this 1 ton. It gets about 14 mpg in daily use. I took a 1700 mile trip and the gas mileage jumped to 16.9 running 75 mph most of the time. This is my 4th work van over the last 20 years, and it is the best so far."

Chevy Express

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"I LOVE my van. I own the 3500 15 passenger with a 6.0L V8. Fun to drive. Great visibility. Superb acceleration. Very reliable. Great traction. Very comfortabe. Great styling. Smooth ride. Great acceleration. Great van."

excellent truck.

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "excellant truck."

Cons: "last owner may have hauled some rock in it."

"Vehicle is very comfortable. Vehicle is also very clean."

Powerful, Reliable Van Good for Work

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "great towing power"

Cons: "high fuel prices- gets about 15 hwy miles/gallon"

"This Chevy Van is the longest lasting vehicle I have ever owned. I am a contractor and boater. I needed a vehicle with powerful towing capabilities and the Chevy Express delivered. I have had no major mechanical problems, only general maintenance and normal wear and tear work. I have no complaints. I would purchase this vehicle again. If you're on the fence between two vehicles, you won't regret the investment in this model Chevy."

Nice Van

By on Friday, December 18, 2009

"I've owned vans since 1970. My 2007 Express cargo is great. One complaint, I tried to be cheap and got the 4.8. This motor just isn't big enough. The mileage is no better because the motor is working too hard. Try to haul a camper, forget it. Just buy the bigger motor and you'll have the best riding, handling all around van there is."

Most comfortable vehicle

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"We had a few problems under warranty, One problem a leaking intake manifold was not properly fixed by the dealer, but we did not find this out until too late. The transmission had a problem at 100000. A valve wore out that had to be replaced. I have scrupulously maintained the van with regular tuneups, regular oil changes, regular total transmission fluid and filter changes. The engine and transmission work almost as good as when new. My only complaint is the gas mileage has never been as good as the specs promised and has reduced by about 25%. My mechanic has scoped it and the scope shows nothing wrong. The plastic on the doors has cracked with age and the buttons for locking the doors has fallen into the doors. Even when gas was $4.00 a gallon we could not justify buying another car. It's strengths are that in the basics it has been sound, reliable. performed well, (I've done 95 mph but have not top ended it yet) is supremely comfortable. We have never had a more comfortable car."

who could ask for more

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pros: "effortless power"

Cons: "rear whines high mileage"

"as a service tech we need our trucks to work for us without compromise this van has delivered all that i could hope for in a vehical...2001 2500 express rules!"

I love this van! It does everything I want!

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Versatile, easy to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "low fuel efficiency but fits 15 people!"

"I have owned two of these (2003) and (2008). My current 08 has 168000 miles and the only mechanical issue was at 165000 miles with a water pump. Mileage is low at 13.5 mpg but that was expected. We take this vehicle on family vacations every summer and put on about 30,000 miles per year. Great vehicle!"

Best Van Ever

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"After many years in home remodeling and using many trucks and vans of various vintages, I ordered this 2003 Express 2500 cargo van new and waited 4 weeks for the best van ever ! She is loaded with options , very reliable , no problems and a pleasure to own and drive. The 5300 V8 delivers 19 mpg on the highway loaded with cargo and air conditioning operating-- not bad for a full size van. I tow a trailer effortlessly. The Michelin tires make this van handle like a dream at highway speeds . I now have 123,000 miles on this one and ready to sell to a lucky buyer. I am however a little dissapointed in the resale value. I am selling due to upcoming surgery and being forced into another line of work so my need for a van is greatly decreased. Otherwise I would keep this one forever. My 1998 Astro was a piece of junk and I replaced it with a gem. If you are in the market , take my advise and buy a 2500 not a 1500 , get a V8 , AND BUY A 2003 OR NEWER. There were many mechanical advances introduced with the 2003 model year which you will benefit from in terms of servicing or should I say not servicing because nothing breaks down or wears out now including brakes. At 123,000 miles I still have the ORIGINAL brakes with 30% wear left ! I replaced brakes on that lousy Astro every year ! Great vehicle and I hate to see it go !!"

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"great for hauling people, the more you have the more comfortable the ride. You can't easily convince adults that it is a 15 passenger van, but with a mix of kids, it can be done. So far so good on the reliablity."

No compaints.

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "I know it's not stylist, but very practiable."

Cons: "Not many cup holders, only two on console."

"This is my fifth Chevy van. The curent model,with 120K miles is a 3500 w/a 6.0l gas engine. We use it for long distance vacations,towing,and moving any thing we need to. A lot of room with the seats out.Never had a problem. I get 18 mpg driving at 65mph. Great for what we use it for."

Did The Job Very Well

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Great to Drive"

"Company Vehicle used for building a multi-million dollar business. Reliable and hard working but with growth we need something bigger"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 3500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals