2003 Chevrolet Express 2500 Passenger

8.1

Based on 246 Ratings for the 1996 - 2016 models.

express van traveling

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"Have owned several conversion vans. This is the most versital we have owned. We have traveled across the US, towed a boat and camper with this van. The nice part is the rear bench and two middle captain chairs easily remove. The video system and the dual screens have been a life saver on the long trips."

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"I have driven a lot of vans in my 27 years of construction. I would have to say that this is the second best that I have driven. First would have to go to my '96 Dodge Ram 250. That van was at 260,000 miles when I sold it and the motor had never been touched. I did have to have the tranny rebuilt. My Express 2500 runs great, gets OK mileage (between 16-17mpg), hauls loads with no problem, and also looks good. I have 120k on it now and have had no problems. No transmission issues and no motor noise. Hope this will make it past the 250k!"

LOves The Oil Companies

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"This vehicle had 12000 miles when I purchased it. he first thing was a baffle in the muffler, replaced then bad again within 2000 miles, fuel economy is 12-13.5 towing no towing 55 or 75mph. Window tilt out broke the revits out within 30 days, the chev badge is delaminating inside the plastic, the doors are hard to close or stay open when you want them to, THe rear end is noisy, the glove box did not latrch, it wonders the road, and they say it is ok."

2003 bought new

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Van has been a good family vehicle, runs good, tows good and nice ride. Very poor quality interior, AC quit twice, gas gauge quit working, dash lights don't work, CD changer broke twice, plastic gas tank cracked had to be replaced, exterior door hinges froze up. Good work horse, decent gas mileage, drive train reliable, 83,000 miles."

Great van, good MPG, great road vehicle

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, roomy, great road vehicle, good MPG"

"I have the AWD version and it's great in ice and snow. Get anywhere from 17-21 MPG on the road with the 300 HP 5.3 liter engine. Comfortable on a long trip, easy to drive and overall a good very reliable road vehicle."

Regular maint. has kept this van running great.

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pros: "Dependable every day."

"Every 5,000 miles I change the oil, rotate tires and service whatever else needs service. Over 1 million starts and still has the original starter. It's never failed me, and I'm sure I can get another 400K out of it. Best vehicle I've ever owned."

Hate to part with but I am sick

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"This is a must see vehicle,very clean and well kept.Has most available features,Power door locks,windows,mirrows,cruise control,AM FM CD great wheels,would replace tires but raise asking price if I would."

Dependable workhorse!

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Reliable work van with heavy suspension and comfortable ride"

Cons: "It's a cargo van so it's noisy and rides best with some cargo in it."

"I bought this van new in 2003 for my business. Frequently loaded it up and pulled a trailer. It has 151,000 miles and still runs everyday without a problem. No major repairs and cost of ownership has been very low."

good value

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "comfort,smooth ride,spacious"

Cons: "brakes,top heavy,hard wind could affect steering"

"no problems with this conversion van so far.only complaint is brakes as only the front are disc and it needs a stiffer suspension if you use the van on winding roads as it is top heavy.in a strong crosswind you could end up in another lane unless you have a strong grip on wheel.the paint on the roof of the conversion van is fading badly but the main bodypaint of the van still holds a shine and looks good in green.my savanna van has a stiffer ride and hugs the road much better.if seeking a comfortable Cadillac style ride on straight smooth highway is what you seek then the 2002 chevy express fits the bill."

excellent truck.

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "excellant truck."

Cons: "last owner may have hauled some rock in it."

"Vehicle is very comfortable. Vehicle is also very clean."

Tough as nails

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, reliability."

Cons: "MPG(although no bad 14 city 17 hwy)"

"Bought with 8000 miles, has been a workhorse, nothing has ever gone wrong with it...only regular maintenance required."

No better van than a HEAVY DUTY

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "HEAVY DUTY!"

Cons: "Me I picked the 4.8 instead of the 6.0, poor mpg"

Many great family vacation memories

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "Gas mileage of 15 not the best"

"Yes it is large but our family of five have gone to over 30 states on vacations with it. The room, pulling power, comfort have made our trips memorable. The room with the seats removed is cavernous. Great for taking kids to college or gear for scout trips."

By on Saturday, March 6, 2010

"One of the best vehicles I have ever bought. I bought it new and have not had ANY major problems with it. I would not hesitate taking a cross country trip in it right now, even with 124000 miles on the clock."

great engine, horrible body

By on Saturday, January 3, 2009

"We own a 2000 we have driven for five years with absolutely no engine problems at all, however the car is literally falling apart around the engine. The left door doesn't close some days, the interior lights don't work, the locks dont work, the drivers window doesnt work, several back windows wont lock, and the brakes are replaced more often then the oil is changed. (every six months). It's ashame chevy doesn't recognize these problems because in the future we will buy ford. Even our rear a/c doesnt work and the rear stereo speakers have fallen free from the ceiling and wont work. Cheap plastic everywhere!!!!!"

house on wheels

By on Monday, September 1, 2008

"i have owned 3 chey vans/ to date. the last one had 284,000/ a 2004, 2500 hundred. repair cost were average. look in side the side rails over your head. our very well built and strong, so in a roll over if belted you may do ok. i,m a professtional driver, and have rolled 557,000 miles in my 3 chevys. to things i would like to see, is a longer set rail , all the why back there just is not any room to move. and so far every new one i bought the tires gave a hard ride .if you like to camp bike or just haul it will get the job done. and the price is good to."

Very reliable

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"We have had this van for six years. It has been extremely reliable, roomy, and comfortable. We have had to replace the fuel pump and several other parts, but the engine had a lot of miles on it. We have never been afraid to take off on a trip and feel secure in traveling in it. We have a very large family and this van has been great to us."

Buyer Beware

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"Reasonably good vehicle when it works. Problem is, there are problems. Rear lighting problems from the start. Door trim and other stuff very breakable, Seat belt recall with some difficulity getting dealer to repair. Poor gas mileage. Engine ran well for about 125,000 miles then started "clicking". Mechanic says it's a cracked piston and engine will have to be replaced at around $3000."

95,000 mi. no problems

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"I have had this "99" 5.7 conversion van since new and only minor problems like the rear air conditioning line leak and a loose wire on the starter. I have driven many other vans and this one outperforms the others in power and handling. Other problems that people say about the van are preventable with proper maintenance and care."

Cant get rid of it

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"Cant sel it keep breaking down 2001 3500 cargo v8 89.000mile 2nd engine elecrical problems, rear light problems and to many problem to list"

Great Van

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"After driving this van for the last 5 years, I can say it has been a great truck. I have driven the Ford van, and we have many in our company, but any of GM vans out handle the Fords anyday. After our company chnaged to Ford for an entire fleet replacement, we have now changed back to GM/ Chevrolet, and I am waiting on the arrival of an 08. All I can say is Thank God. The new grill on the fords look great but you'll never be as happy with it. Pick GM and regret it!"

Front end problems!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Bought this 2003 new.No problems,EXCEPT when the van is loaded,going down a 6+% grade,it can be very exciting: Violent shaking,totally out of control,scary ride.If you have a weak heart,stay out of these circumstances.Talked with GM about this,went to several dealers,never got an answer. Bottom line,I do not haul a load with this van into the Smokies,or anywhere else where I expect to find steep grades. (I use my Dodge Sprinter for the mountains.)It (Chevy) gets as much as 15 MPG. Not good,but when I bought it,not bad.It has been very reliable after 43K miles.Have had numerous Chevy's and have been pleased with most of them. Wouldn't buy another one.The front end problem cured me forever."

Covered Wagon

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Getting rid of this van sorry to say two reasons, the gas mileage, and the gas mileage! iT HAS HAD MORE LITTLE REPAIRS THAN ANY OTHER VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED OVER THE LAST 38 YEARS! Power is excellant, the transmission shifts are sloppy. The interior plastic does not fit well. It does ride nice for a 3500 (1-ton truck) got to give it that. 13 miles to the gallon with the 6.0 stinks."

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Awesome vehicle for family travel and for hauling. Only problem is that the transmission went just past the warranty and GMAC would not help compensate me."

Best van ever!

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I have owned 7 vans, 5 new, this one ordered with the 7.4L gas, ext. van, heavily optioned, put on 86,000 smiles, wonderful vehicle, will always be remembered fondly, and compared to as the gold standard. My trade-in value was phenominal, and replaced with a new Avalance, since 4WD is now an absolute necessity. I miss that van tremendously!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 2500 Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals