2001 Chevrolet Express 2500 Passenger

8.1

Based on 244 Ratings for the 1996 - 2016 models.

Nothing Made Better Than This

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Don't usually like writing reviews, but the Chevy Express is the exception. We have owned about 15 Express vans from in the 1500 and 2500 series from 2006 to 2011, and there isn't a more durable cargo van this size anywhere. Occasionally we'll have the occasional water pump go out or wheel bearings need replacing. One of our express vans has gone 200,000 miles without major problems or without even changing the spark plugs. From the time they're new (to us) we only use synthetic fluid, and continue proper maintenance. Alignments have been our only real complaint. They weren't properly aligned from the factory and have difficulty keeping a couple of them aligned. Wonderful Vehicle."

Good reliable versatile vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Runs great very versatile"

Cons: "A few annoying problems"

"Runs great, plenty of power.Versatile for passengers, camping and hauling. AC has gone out twice. Plastic gas tank cracked had to be replaced. Cd player has broke twice. Gas gauge and dash lights don't work. Wish it had a grab bar for passengers."

great for our Family

By on Saturday, December 26, 2009

"We purchaased the van in 2001 with about 8500 miles on it from a local dealer for our new family of five kids aged 7-13. The dealer fixed a faulty fuse in the first week, but other than that it has run flawlessly. It's had regulary service and oil changes (including brakes and tires) and we've never had a single mechanical failure. No engine, tranny, drive train or electrical problems, The A/C and heating have all run well with no failures. It can take a few minutes to heat up in the winter. The interior has gotten dirty (five kids) but all fabrics have held up very well and no tears or worn spots in the carpet. Having both the front and rear air controls has been important as the front cools off but the back can be stuffy. We've hauled teams and their gear, moved households, etc. with no problems. In town gas mileage has consistently been 10mpg with 12 on the highway."

A work horse

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"I still have my 2000 3500 cargo, with only 70,000 miles. I bought it new in 2001 as a leftover. It was invoice minus $2000 from chevy (to get it off the lot) and another $2700 off from using my GM card. I liked it so much that I kept it after closing up my business. It is excellent to tow with and I've come close to it's maximum 10,000lbs limit. It loves to tow and it seems the heavier the load the better it drives! The locking rear has got me out of quite a few slippery places. The only thing that I really hate is the anti lock brakes. Some day I'll remember to see how it stops if I pull the anti lock fuse. Note that I hate anti lock brakes in general, not just on this vehicle."

not so bad

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"these are all subject to the same issues as the gm trucks ie intake gaskets fuel pumps leaky coolant lines and ac (rear units) and most costly TRANSMISSIONS and they will eat one every 100k or less and the intake will go at @ 80k or so miles if you can deal with the above issues they are workhorses you can count on and alot more van for the buck than its comp fords dodge ect"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 2500 Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals