1996 Chevrolet Express 2500 Passenger

8.1

Based on 241 Ratings for the 1996 - 2015 models.

Great service van

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"2003 Chevy Express 2500 - Overall, I couldn't ask more from this van. I am an electrician with over 1500 lbs. of gear crammed into this van every day and it never feels like its suffering. I have the 5.3L V8 and am very satisfied with how smooth the engine and 4 speed auto transmission work together. Of course I would like to have the newer 6 speed for improved hill climbing and fuel economy, but this transmission is a gem. The ride is decent, probably because I have a good load in it most of the time. Road noise and tire noise is pronounced because of lack of insulation, and the van creaks and moans like every other van I've ever driven. The quality of the trim though is deplorable. The door handle has completely broken off, as did the driver side front windshield weather stripping when I was driving into wind at around 75 MPH. I glued the weather stripping back on with apoxy, seems ok now. Its a true value as long as you can find a good used one for a decent price, I can't believe what the dealers are asking for new ones. As long as you keep up with the maintanance on the engine and critical drivetrain components, it will last you a very long time, probably more than you want to keep it, but thats a good thing."

Best Van Ever

By on Sunday, July 04, 2010

"I've had one for 3 years and it still runs great! I would recommend this to a friend. It is a little Diesel hungry but depending on how you drive it around it should get decent mileage like for me it gets 23 MPG City and 20 MPG Highway. But I also got some good flowing mufflers and some small little things to help beef up the MPG."

worst vehicle ever

By on Saturday, August 02, 2008

"This van is the worst vehicle that I had ever bought. I have major problems every couple of months."

GREAT DEPENDABLE VAN

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL OF THE 3500 EXPRESS CARGO VANS . I AVERAGE AROUND TWO HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND MILES ON THESE VANS WITH VERY LITTLE PROBLEMS.I USE SYNTHETIC OIL BY CASTROL AND CHANGE IT EVERY 45HUNDRED MILES.IF YOU SERVICE THEM AS YOU SHOULD ,ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DRIVE THEM AND THEY WILL PAY FOR IT SELF."

ok for 12 passenger

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"Zero mechanical problems. Noisier than expected but it is basically a cargo van with seats. Can't expect too much. Gas milage depends on how hard you drive it. If you're a bad driver you'll get 9.5 MPG if you're a decent driver, 14.5. No kidding!! that much of a difference."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 2500 Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals