2012 Chevrolet Express 2500 Cargo

8.1

Based on 243 Ratings for the 1996 - 2015 models.

awesome vehicle

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "great price and heavy duty"

Cons: "it's raw inside, so kinda loud"

"i'm an artist and have used this rig for shows since 2001. FUlly loaded with heavy art it still drives like a champ."

Nothing Made Better Than This

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Don't usually like writing reviews, but the Chevy Express is the exception. We have owned about 15 Express vans from in the 1500 and 2500 series from 2006 to 2011, and there isn't a more durable cargo van this size anywhere. Occasionally we'll have the occasional water pump go out or wheel bearings need replacing. One of our express vans has gone 200,000 miles without major problems or without even changing the spark plugs. From the time they're new (to us) we only use synthetic fluid, and continue proper maintenance. Alignments have been our only real complaint. They weren't properly aligned from the factory and have difficulty keeping a couple of them aligned. Wonderful Vehicle."

Good reliable versatile vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Runs great very versatile"

Cons: "A few annoying problems"

"Runs great, plenty of power.Versatile for passengers, camping and hauling. AC has gone out twice. Plastic gas tank cracked had to be replaced. Cd player has broke twice. Gas gauge and dash lights don't work. Wish it had a grab bar for passengers."

great for our Family

By on Saturday, December 26, 2009

"We purchaased the van in 2001 with about 8500 miles on it from a local dealer for our new family of five kids aged 7-13. The dealer fixed a faulty fuse in the first week, but other than that it has run flawlessly. It's had regulary service and oil changes (including brakes and tires) and we've never had a single mechanical failure. No engine, tranny, drive train or electrical problems, The A/C and heating have all run well with no failures. It can take a few minutes to heat up in the winter. The interior has gotten dirty (five kids) but all fabrics have held up very well and no tears or worn spots in the carpet. Having both the front and rear air controls has been important as the front cools off but the back can be stuffy. We've hauled teams and their gear, moved households, etc. with no problems. In town gas mileage has consistently been 10mpg with 12 on the highway."

A work horse

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"I still have my 2000 3500 cargo, with only 70,000 miles. I bought it new in 2001 as a leftover. It was invoice minus $2000 from chevy (to get it off the lot) and another $2700 off from using my GM card. I liked it so much that I kept it after closing up my business. It is excellent to tow with and I've come close to it's maximum 10,000lbs limit. It loves to tow and it seems the heavier the load the better it drives! The locking rear has got me out of quite a few slippery places. The only thing that I really hate is the anti lock brakes. Some day I'll remember to see how it stops if I pull the anti lock fuse. Note that I hate anti lock brakes in general, not just on this vehicle."

not so bad

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"these are all subject to the same issues as the gm trucks ie intake gaskets fuel pumps leaky coolant lines and ac (rear units) and most costly TRANSMISSIONS and they will eat one every 100k or less and the intake will go at @ 80k or so miles if you can deal with the above issues they are workhorses you can count on and alot more van for the buck than its comp fords dodge ect"

GREAT DEPENDABLE VAN

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL OF THE 3500 EXPRESS CARGO VANS . I AVERAGE AROUND TWO HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND MILES ON THESE VANS WITH VERY LITTLE PROBLEMS.I USE SYNTHETIC OIL BY CASTROL AND CHANGE IT EVERY 45HUNDRED MILES.IF YOU SERVICE THEM AS YOU SHOULD ,ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DRIVE THEM AND THEY WILL PAY FOR IT SELF."

Another? No.

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2008

"Bought new Feb 2000. Currently has 60,000 miles on it. When it hit 4 years old electrical gremlins set in,cd player,power antenna,power windows all have problems. Horrible on gas around town. Recently gas gauge stopped reading correctly,ugh! $30,000 when new now worth $7,000 in excellent shape,not a good value!"

Excellent Value

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"This is the best performing and stylish cargo van in the industry."

disapointed

By on Thursday, January 24, 2008

"bought it new in 04, has been in shop 5 times. bad starter,seatbelt recall, rear air conditioning line leak, rear heater line leak. Aluminum line to rear heater was installed at factory rubbing on spring shackle which took 3 years (23000 miles) to grind thru and leak, aluminum line to rear air started leaking in just 2 years from corrision(?) so said the dealer. Bought the easy care gold total care extended warranty ($1665.00) but they would not cover the heater line repair, said it was considered a "hose".the awd works great in snow,runs and drives excellent. GM needs to address quality control. will consider another brand, even imports next time around."

Great Hauler!

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2007

"I bought this van new 5 days after the 9/11 attack. It is one of the first 2002 stretch vans and has been a faithful cross-country hauler of HEAVY loads. It now has 110,000 miles and the only major repairs have been the A/C system and the rear axle--which to everyones' surprise is a 1-1/2 ton axle according to the VIN number. I bought a new 1998 1-ton stretch van just like my 2002 in 1997 and had great luck with that one too. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! These vans get 14 mpg empty or loaded on the highway."

great family van

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"trying to find a replacemnet is hard since comfort and size are so great can drive 16 hours without back fatigue pulls trailer and camper without problem kids can not touch each other"

Best service work vehicle I've owned

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"The reliability, comfort, power, ease of use far exceeds any other service work truck I"ve ever owned. Storage and access to materials and tools is great."

great van

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

"i have a v8 5.7 runs great ac is real cold and its runs like i was flying on the highway you go 80 mph and you dont feel it and the gas mil on it is like a v6 van i fill it up with $125.00 with gas at $4.00 a gal it has 31gal on it .. it will last me for 4to5 weeks depnes on how much you drive im a mobile car wash so im always out there hople this helps"

Love it for our big family

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "easy to tow with, great space for big families"

Cons: "? can't think of any"

"We have had so much fun with this rig! It's big enough to be comfortable for our family and all the gear we carry. We also have taken it to Disneyland (22 hours) with another family and we had a great time. Also it's big enough to tow our trailer around with no issues! We've even taken it to the city and parallel parked it."

Dependable workhorse!

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Reliable work van with heavy suspension and comfortable ride"

Cons: "It's a cargo van so it's noisy and rides best with some cargo in it."

"I bought this van new in 2003 for my business. Frequently loaded it up and pulled a trailer. It has 151,000 miles and still runs everyday without a problem. No major repairs and cost of ownership has been very low."

Express 3500 V8 5.7 15 Passenger - Love it!

By on Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Pros: "If you score one in great condition used- buy it!"

"I bought mine used from a touring rock band for my touring rock band. We pack her to the ceiling with gear and she never has a hard time. We've toured all over the united states and she keeps on ticking. She's got over 200,000 miles on her, and she's still the best ride I've ever owned. Strong engine, super comfy. My only complaint is the interior is plastic and takes a beating. The passnger doors tend to knock into eachother and eventually cause a dent.I've toured in Dodge Rams, Ford Vans, and this Chevy has my heart. If you take good care of it, it will take good care of you!"

good reliable vehicle

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "easy acess to cargo area"

"most dependable vehicle i had"

Nice powertrain and handling

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Handles great for full sized van, pulls well."

Cons: "road noise."

Chevy

"This has been avery good van for our family. Very comfortable and nice riding and handling. Does have more road noise due to lack of dampening insulation which gives it a somewhat tinny sound when closing the doors. Great for pulling a boat with almost no downshifts on inclines. Well powered for pulling. I really hated to see them discontinue what I consider to be Chevy's best engine ever. I did have tranny replaced after about 170000, and this vehicle has always used coolant which I hear may be from Chevy going with a cheap plastic intake manifold. Engine always runs cool and never overheats (unless coolant gets too low). Seats are definitely better than the newer ones with more padding and better comfort. Engine is also better for pulling with more power at a lower RPM and less downshifting. Left side not having doors (like the newer ones) is also better for loading a wheelchair without dropping into the step well by the door. Older design is also better than the new ones that no longer has grease fittings on your steering components. I'd buy another one if they built them the same. Seems as thogh quality has dropped and price has gone WAY up."

Chevy

Custom van purchased in Sep 2005, has been perfect

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Great family vehicle!"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better!"

"A high end custom van on a Chevy chassis and has been the perfect family and traveling vehicle, as well as pulling a 19 foot ski/fishing boat on a tandem trailer. The 7000 # trailering rating with the tow/haul auto tranny works well. Vehicle has been essentially trouble free, gas mileage runs around 17 on the highway, 15 around town. The 30 gallon gas tank makes for good travelling as you can go about 400 miles between fillups. The drivers side passenger door is well appreciated by most passengers and makes loading large items easy. The second row seats are removable in case you need to move large items like recliners, etc. This is the sixth custom van i have owned and Chevrolet and the customizer make a great van for traveling!"

Serves us well when we need it

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "good basic working van"

Cons: "AC needs repair. rear seat belts dangle"

"Good basic van for use by 4 people.10 people if you fix the rear AC. Has 3 benches. Heat fine in front and rear. AC needs fixing so those without windows in back get hot and stuffy. Excellent for moving,hauling items or stuff. Used originally for large family. Over years they all now have cars.Only drove it when we took the whole crew someplace so mileage is low. We keep it and use it like a truck when needed. Long trips- doesn't have built in gps or movies for kids -now standard accessories if you have small kids. radio, cd player fine. We're keeping it til it dies which I don't think will be anytime soon. It hasn't had issues at all."

Best Van to Date

By on Monday, October 25, 2010

"We have a 1999 1500 with a 5.7 lt. Great van has been taken across the USA 198,000 miles worth pulling a 5800 lb camper and 7 passengers. Great, roomy and comfortable ride!!! With regular mantainace this van will go for 300,000 miles easy."

Great service van

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"2003 Chevy Express 2500 - Overall, I couldn't ask more from this van. I am an electrician with over 1500 lbs. of gear crammed into this van every day and it never feels like its suffering. I have the 5.3L V8 and am very satisfied with how smooth the engine and 4 speed auto transmission work together. Of course I would like to have the newer 6 speed for improved hill climbing and fuel economy, but this transmission is a gem. The ride is decent, probably because I have a good load in it most of the time. Road noise and tire noise is pronounced because of lack of insulation, and the van creaks and moans like every other van I've ever driven. The quality of the trim though is deplorable. The door handle has completely broken off, as did the driver side front windshield weather stripping when I was driving into wind at around 75 MPH. I glued the weather stripping back on with apoxy, seems ok now. Its a true value as long as you can find a good used one for a decent price, I can't believe what the dealers are asking for new ones. As long as you keep up with the maintanance on the engine and critical drivetrain components, it will last you a very long time, probably more than you want to keep it, but thats a good thing."

Express awd the best ever

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"This is hands down the most capable van I have ever owned! The thing just goes and goes! I have never gotten stuck, the traction is awesome! Mine is pretty loaded up and that just makes it even nicer! This is the best work truck ever! It is quiet, strong and even loaded with 2500#s of tools and equipment, I get 15 MPG around town. Not bad for a full sized AWD V8 with a lot of weight in it! I will drive this until the wheels fall off! Had one issue with the hood rusting, was replaced with a new hood by GM at 75000 miles! Great truck!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 08, 2010

"I have performed less maintenance on this van than any vehicle I have ever owned. It is bullet proof. It's the best vehicle i have ever owned."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 2500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals