2002 Chevrolet Express 2500 Cargo

8.1

Based on 241 Ratings for the 1996 - 2015 models.

Express awd the best ever

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"This is hands down the most capable van I have ever owned! The thing just goes and goes! I have never gotten stuck, the traction is awesome! Mine is pretty loaded up and that just makes it even nicer! This is the best work truck ever! It is quiet, strong and even loaded with 2500#s of tools and equipment, I get 15 MPG around town. Not bad for a full sized AWD V8 with a lot of weight in it! I will drive this until the wheels fall off! Had one issue with the hood rusting, was replaced with a new hood by GM at 75000 miles! Great truck!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 08, 2010

"I have performed less maintenance on this van than any vehicle I have ever owned. It is bullet proof. It's the best vehicle i have ever owned."

good friend

By on Sunday, November 22, 2009

"We bought this van used with 14k miles. We retrofitted it to haul dirtbikes and gear to the pro motocross races around the country. I built a middle section sleeper area. This van has been a good and reliable vehicle. We put an additional 73k miles on it and the only maintenance, other than tires, was the front wheel bearing assemblies, on both sides, had to be replaced. They were bone dry of grease. Not a hard job to do. I would much rather have a type with zerk fittings so this would not occur. Very solid van with okay mileage for its size, about 16mpg, loaded, at 70 mph. The big brakes are great! Front and rear discs will stop you QUICK! Comfortable seats help a lot on the long drives."

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"There is some type of fuel and or electrical problems with these vans. The mechanics keep diagnosing things and fixing it costing hundreds of dollars but problem is not corrected. After doing some online research I found that these vans dating back to 1997 has been having the same problems."

Does the job

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"Bought this for a small kitchen remodeling business. Does the job fine hauling tools, cabinets etc. Struggles a bit with heavy loads but it is only the 1500 so one really cannot complain. Stable at highway speeds loaded or not. Not great in bad ice/snow but there was no 4wd available at the time I bought this. Brakes seemed to wear out very quickly, had a couple of "brake jobs" costing around $800 in less than 4 years (65k). Also tie rod went twice on front left. Driven by owner only and never driven hard so this is a quality issue but then again it is Chevy so what can one expect."

Very Reliable Vehicle

By on Friday, December 05, 2008

"My mechanical company only uses 98 thru 02 G3500 vans in it's fleet. My van is a 99 with 227000 mi and has had no major mechanical problems. I starts and drives 200-400 miles everyday fully loaded to the GVWR of 9500lbs. The only problem that I have is that the front brake pads need to be replaced every other oil change(about 10000 miles). We have several other chevy vans in the fleet with more than 400000mi and still have the original engines and transmissions. These vans are very tough and dependable."

wonderful

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I haul 14 people back and forth to work 5 days a week 120 miles round trip and never a bit of trouble.I rate it number 1 best buy."

By on Saturday, August 16, 2008

"We have a very tall family with 4 kids and the van allows us lots of leg room. We love traveling with this van. BUT, we've had lots of mechanical problems esp. lately. (96,000 miles) We've replaced the transmission, intake gaskets, 3 fuel pumps, electrical short in the pass.door lock, broken window treatments, and the side door doesn't close easily. That said, I still love the extra room! We are looking to downsize, but everything seems so small compared to the van."

Great for Families

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2008

"I love this van. We we blessed with six kids all at once. Adoption plus having a set of quintuplets. We needed a van fast and found ours through a dealer in our area. Bought it used with only 15000.00 miles on it its a 2003. We stil own it and love it. It has done great for our large family and the large engine size makes for a comfortable and enjoyable trip. We have taken it down south many time 16hr drives. the only compliant we have is that we have ran into door problems with the side doors. Not shutting and working right but overall still a great van."

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"I have owned a mix of American and Japanese cars through the years. My Chevy Express 3500 is unquestionably the best vehicle I have ever owned. It has a long list of phenomenal attributes. Most of all, it runs. Hats off to GM for manufacturing a fine vehicle. I have been a skeptic of the US auto industry. This van renews my faith that they are most capable of producing the highest quality in an automobile."

express van traveling

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"Have owned several conversion vans. This is the most versital we have owned. We have traveled across the US, towed a boat and camper with this van. The nice part is the rear bench and two middle captain chairs easily remove. The video system and the dual screens have been a life saver on the long trips."

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"I have driven a lot of vans in my 27 years of construction. I would have to say that this is the second best that I have driven. First would have to go to my '96 Dodge Ram 250. That van was at 260,000 miles when I sold it and the motor had never been touched. I did have to have the tranny rebuilt. My Express 2500 runs great, gets OK mileage (between 16-17mpg), hauls loads with no problem, and also looks good. I have 120k on it now and have had no problems. No transmission issues and no motor noise. Hope this will make it past the 250k!"

Chevy express

By on Friday, September 28, 2007

"Everything is fabulous and reliability is great too just had to replace transmission every 50,000 miles"

LOves The Oil Companies

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"This vehicle had 12000 miles when I purchased it. he first thing was a baffle in the muffler, replaced then bad again within 2000 miles, fuel economy is 12-13.5 towing no towing 55 or 75mph. Window tilt out broke the revits out within 30 days, the chev badge is delaminating inside the plastic, the doors are hard to close or stay open when you want them to, THe rear end is noisy, the glove box did not latrch, it wonders the road, and they say it is ok."

2003 bought new

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Van has been a good family vehicle, runs good, tows good and nice ride. Very poor quality interior, AC quit twice, gas gauge quit working, dash lights don't work, CD changer broke twice, plastic gas tank cracked had to be replaced, exterior door hinges froze up. Good work horse, decent gas mileage, drive train reliable, 83,000 miles."

Great van, good MPG, great road vehicle

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, roomy, great road vehicle, good MPG"

"I have the AWD version and it's great in ice and snow. Get anywhere from 17-21 MPG on the road with the 300 HP 5.3 liter engine. Comfortable on a long trip, easy to drive and overall a good very reliable road vehicle."

Hate to part with but I am sick

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

"This is a must see vehicle,very clean and well kept.Has most available features,Power door locks,windows,mirrows,cruise control,AM FM CD great wheels,would replace tires but raise asking price if I would."

Great Van Ran It Up To 295k Almost Made IT To 300k

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "A lot of Pep Nice Seats"

Cons: "Tough to Maneover in Tight Places stay off sand."

"Owned this 2500 Series Van since 2004 bought it new.Breakdown occurred over 200k wheel Bearings wore out.AC Compresser went out around 250K.Alternator lasted over 150 k.At around 265K started having oil and anti freeze leaks.At 290 K Oil Pressure readings started to register below normal.So i have to depart with old reliable and Yes i will buy another Chevy Express.Only negative thing to say is kinda hard to turn around in tight parking lots and wish the cargo area was higher.Mpg could be better.Highly Recommend"

good value

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "comfort,smooth ride,spacious"

Cons: "brakes,top heavy,hard wind could affect steering"

"no problems with this conversion van so far.only complaint is brakes as only the front are disc and it needs a stiffer suspension if you use the van on winding roads as it is top heavy.in a strong crosswind you could end up in another lane unless you have a strong grip on wheel.the paint on the roof of the conversion van is fading badly but the main bodypaint of the van still holds a shine and looks good in green.my savanna van has a stiffer ride and hugs the road much better.if seeking a comfortable Cadillac style ride on straight smooth highway is what you seek then the 2002 chevy express fits the bill."

Regular maint. has kept this van running great.

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pros: "Dependable every day."

"Every 5,000 miles I change the oil, rotate tires and service whatever else needs service. Over 1 million starts and still has the original starter. It's never failed me, and I'm sure I can get another 400K out of it. Best vehicle I've ever owned."

Tough as nails

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, reliability."

Cons: "MPG(although no bad 14 city 17 hwy)"

"Bought with 8000 miles, has been a workhorse, nothing has ever gone wrong with it...only regular maintenance required."

No better van than a HEAVY DUTY

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "HEAVY DUTY!"

Cons: "Me I picked the 4.8 instead of the 6.0, poor mpg"

Many great family vacation memories

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "Gas mileage of 15 not the best"

"Yes it is large but our family of five have gone to over 30 states on vacations with it. The room, pulling power, comfort have made our trips memorable. The room with the seats removed is cavernous. Great for taking kids to college or gear for scout trips."

By on Saturday, March 06, 2010

"One of the best vehicles I have ever bought. I bought it new and have not had ANY major problems with it. I would not hesitate taking a cross country trip in it right now, even with 124000 miles on the clock."

Get out what you put in...

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"I was a Mopar fan until I began driving the '97 1500 5.7L I have now. It was a fleet vehicle then I took ownership of it. Had to do the tranny at 145k but that was due to abuse by other employees. And yes, the intake manifold gaskets as well as the ECM. Since I took private ownership this van has been solid and much better than the competition I owned. I wish they would have done better with the plastic trim and "way too easy to break into" door locks, but at 176K this van still has guts to get out of its own way and has never left me stranded. In fact it runs and drives real strong. Overall you get out of this vehicle what you put into it. If you neglect it you will pay, the upkeep is not bad and pays off. I liked it so much I just invested in an '05 and look forward to putting 150k on it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 2500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals