2000 Chevrolet Express 1500 Passenger

8.1

Based on 248 Ratings for the 1996 - 2016 models.

Best Van Ever

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"After many years in home remodeling and using many trucks and vans of various vintages, I ordered this 2003 Express 2500 cargo van new and waited 4 weeks for the best van ever ! She is loaded with options , very reliable , no problems and a pleasure to own and drive. The 5300 V8 delivers 19 mpg on the highway loaded with cargo and air conditioning operating-- not bad for a full size van. I tow a trailer effortlessly. The Michelin tires make this van handle like a dream at highway speeds . I now have 123,000 miles on this one and ready to sell to a lucky buyer. I am however a little dissapointed in the resale value. I am selling due to upcoming surgery and being forced into another line of work so my need for a van is greatly decreased. Otherwise I would keep this one forever. My 1998 Astro was a piece of junk and I replaced it with a gem. If you are in the market , take my advise and buy a 2500 not a 1500 , get a V8 , AND BUY A 2003 OR NEWER. There were many mechanical advances introduced with the 2003 model year which you will benefit from in terms of servicing or should I say not servicing because nothing breaks down or wears out now including brakes. At 123,000 miles I still have the ORIGINAL brakes with 30% wear left ! I replaced brakes on that lousy Astro every year ! Great vehicle and I hate to see it go !!"

Powerful, Reliable Van Good for Work

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "great towing power"

Cons: "high fuel prices- gets about 15 hwy miles/gallon"

"This Chevy Van is the longest lasting vehicle I have ever owned. I am a contractor and boater. I needed a vehicle with powerful towing capabilities and the Chevy Express delivered. I have had no major mechanical problems, only general maintenance and normal wear and tear work. I have no complaints. I would purchase this vehicle again. If you're on the fence between two vehicles, you won't regret the investment in this model Chevy."

Great Truck, not bad on gas

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Durable and reliable"

Cons: "not great on mud or ice"

"This is a great truck. Had mine since 2005 (it is a 2002)and it had 30000 miles on it when I bought it. The inside is more comfortable than you would think but it is not the most manueverable in smaller spaces. It is great on gas gets 15 to 17 miles to the gallon but the tank is huge so when you do fill up all the way it will take a dent out of your wallet. I am a DJ and I haul light to heavy loads of lighting and sound equipment and this truck is used 5 days a week so it gets used hard. Jobs can sometimes be out of state and I can't tell you how much of an improvement this is from our last couple vans we had. I do not have to worry about it breaking down which is a big load of my mind. Don't get me wrong you still have the normal stuff just not the major stuff. It is not the greatest truck on wet grass or mud or ice or snow but as long as you have good tires and don't let them get bold you will do fine."

Chevy Express

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"I LOVE my van. I own the 3500 15 passenger with a 6.0L V8. Fun to drive. Great visibility. Superb acceleration. Very reliable. Great traction. Very comfortabe. Great styling. Smooth ride. Great acceleration. Great van."

Great people hauler

By on Friday, September 23, 2016

Pros: "Good for being a van"

Cons: "Handles like a van"

"Good vehicle overall. It's not bad to maintain. Most parts are readily available and reasonably priced. Seat fabric is durable and cleans up well. Plastic door panels and trim become brittle and break over time. Plastic used is ABS plastic, I recommend using ABS pipe cement to make repairs (works well). The paint on this vehicle has held up fairly well, but it has been maintained (waxed, washed, polished regularly). It's a big vehicle and requires extra care when driving, especially at freeway speeds, because of it's size and handling. If you normally drive over the speed limit, don't buy this vehicle, it doesn't handle high speed maneuvers very well. The ride is decent and is comfortable to travel in. It isn't very convenient to park or maneuver in most parking lots. It tows reasonably sized trailers well. Handling in snow without decent tires or tire chains is like riding a pregnant elephant on a roller skate."

Works Hard, Plays Harder!

By on Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"I was given this van for work replacing our Dodge Vans. I can honestly say that the van is styled well. Engineers must have been service work oriented on this design. It is comfortable, has plenty of power for a V6, and rides well. I can even haul my boat with it after work and get more out of it. Goes great in the snow as well. My only complaint is the side doors need a better design on the hinges, have to oil weekly to keep them moving freely."

Good work Van

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"I have had this for over a year now, and it has serve me well. No problems so far. It can definably carry it's own weight."

Work Van

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"I bought this van to use for my flooring installation business. It has about 75000K on it. Really like the extended wheelbase. The 6.0 engine has really got some power. I have hauled materials weighing over 4000 lbs with it, no problem for this 1 ton. It gets about 14 mpg in daily use. I took a 1700 mile trip and the gas mileage jumped to 16.9 running 75 mph most of the time. This is my 4th work van over the last 20 years, and it is the best so far."

Excellent

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"This is my second 15 passenger G3500 Express van. I'm in the market for my third, because they have been so reliable and handle so well as compared to the equivalent Ford vans I'd used previously. With over sixty thousand miles on this one I've had no malfunctions and only routine maintenance expenses. Winter starting is completely reliable, even in the cold weather of Alaska. No regrets!"

who could ask for more

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pros: "effortless power"

Cons: "rear whines high mileage"

"as a service tech we need our trucks to work for us without compromise this van has delivered all that i could hope for in a vehical...2001 2500 express rules!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 1500 Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals