2002 Chevrolet Express 1500 Cargo

8.1

Based on 238 Ratings for the 1996 - 2015 models.

2003 bought new

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Van has been a good family vehicle, runs good, tows good and nice ride. Very poor quality interior, AC quit twice, gas gauge quit working, dash lights don't work, CD changer broke twice, plastic gas tank cracked had to be replaced, exterior door hinges froze up. Good work horse, decent gas mileage, drive train reliable, 83,000 miles."

The best van EVER

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I have driven this van to FL 3 times, to CT more than a 100 and never once had a problem!!!!! Not kidding you, this van is like stainless steel!!!! I love this truck, it has been extremely good to us."

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"great for hauling people, the more you have the more comfortable the ride. You can't easily convince adults that it is a 15 passenger van, but with a mix of kids, it can be done. So far so good on the reliablity."

Many great family vacation memories

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "Gas mileage of 15 not the best"

"Yes it is large but our family of five have gone to over 30 states on vacations with it. The room, pulling power, comfort have made our trips memorable. The room with the seats removed is cavernous. Great for taking kids to college or gear for scout trips."

Very comfortable to drive.

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable, nice looking"

Cons: "Plastic door panels break easily"

"I purchased this van because I'm a Scoutmaster. My van has front and rear a/c and heat that makes it all the more comfortable. I like the way it drives and rides on the highway. It's not too bad around town, but it can be a challenge to park a vehicle this big. It averages 14 mpg. The more passengers, the more economical it is to operate. I tow a tandem axil enclosed trailer quite often and I'm impressed with how well it handles on the highway, very stable. If you have a lot of passengers to haul, it's the way to go."

great van

By on Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"i really like it its a strong running van great on towing i love it"

Great service van

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"2003 Chevy Express 2500 - Overall, I couldn't ask more from this van. I am an electrician with over 1500 lbs. of gear crammed into this van every day and it never feels like its suffering. I have the 5.3L V8 and am very satisfied with how smooth the engine and 4 speed auto transmission work together. Of course I would like to have the newer 6 speed for improved hill climbing and fuel economy, but this transmission is a gem. The ride is decent, probably because I have a good load in it most of the time. Road noise and tire noise is pronounced because of lack of insulation, and the van creaks and moans like every other van I've ever driven. The quality of the trim though is deplorable. The door handle has completely broken off, as did the driver side front windshield weather stripping when I was driving into wind at around 75 MPH. I glued the weather stripping back on with apoxy, seems ok now. Its a true value as long as you can find a good used one for a decent price, I can't believe what the dealers are asking for new ones. As long as you keep up with the maintanance on the engine and critical drivetrain components, it will last you a very long time, probably more than you want to keep it, but thats a good thing."

excellent vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"I am driving a 2000 that I special ordered in October 1999. It has 115,000 miles and runs great. It has a smoother ride than a lot of cars and is a work horse. I also had a 1979 that I drove for 13 years for over 160,000 miles. I sold it because my wife said it was ugly, but after it was gone realized the mistake and had us get the 2000."

Best Van Ever

By on Sunday, July 04, 2010

"I've had one for 3 years and it still runs great! I would recommend this to a friend. It is a little Diesel hungry but depending on how you drive it around it should get decent mileage like for me it gets 23 MPG City and 20 MPG Highway. But I also got some good flowing mufflers and some small little things to help beef up the MPG."

best so far

By on Saturday, April 03, 2010

"just traded my 2001 1500 with 236,000 trouble free miles on it upsized to the 2500 because ive been putting on a heavy load. Other than breaks and changing the oil not to much went wrong with my old one hopeing for the same with this one"

Good But not the best

By on Saturday, October 10, 2009

"I have a 1500 series van which I have done some stuff to like a K&N filter, heavier springs, and a few other minor things. I like the van, but have had electrical issues out of the tail lights and brake lights since the day I bought it. At one point the dash almost caught fire! Overall, I like the van, roomy, power, tows great, styling, interior, all the other goodies, but hate the fact it pops fuses like popcorn!"

Very reliable

By on Sunday, August 24, 2008

"We have had this van for six years. It has been extremely reliable, roomy, and comfortable. We have had to replace the fuel pump and several other parts, but the engine had a lot of miles on it. We have never been afraid to take off on a trip and feel secure in traveling in it. We have a very large family and this van has been great to us."

worst vehicle ever

By on Saturday, August 02, 2008

"This van is the worst vehicle that I had ever bought. I have major problems every couple of months."

GREAT DEPENDABLE VAN

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL OF THE 3500 EXPRESS CARGO VANS . I AVERAGE AROUND TWO HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND MILES ON THESE VANS WITH VERY LITTLE PROBLEMS.I USE SYNTHETIC OIL BY CASTROL AND CHANGE IT EVERY 45HUNDRED MILES.IF YOU SERVICE THEM AS YOU SHOULD ,ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DRIVE THEM AND THEY WILL PAY FOR IT SELF."

Buyer Beware

By on Friday, July 25, 2008

"Reasonably good vehicle when it works. Problem is, there are problems. Rear lighting problems from the start. Door trim and other stuff very breakable, Seat belt recall with some difficulity getting dealer to repair. Poor gas mileage. Engine ran well for about 125,000 miles then started "clicking". Mechanic says it's a cracked piston and engine will have to be replaced at around $3000."

ok for 12 passenger

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"Zero mechanical problems. Noisier than expected but it is basically a cargo van with seats. Can't expect too much. Gas milage depends on how hard you drive it. If you're a bad driver you'll get 9.5 MPG if you're a decent driver, 14.5. No kidding!! that much of a difference."

Family hauler

By on Monday, May 26, 2008

"We bought the van when it was five years old and have used it for five more without any problems. Very comfortable with loads of room. Very good looking conversion van."

Visitor Bus

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"We love our van. we live in Florida. We have a big family that visits and we can all load up and travel together with room for boogie boards, fishing gear, golf clubs and all the "stuff" everybody needs. If It's just my husband and me we can take out seat, make a bed, hitch on to the boat and go camping in the Keys. It's very versatile and rides a little stiff over the axle, but It pulls a 20 foot boat like it wasn't there. We feel like God gave us a blessing."

good title, clean and dependable

By on Monday, October 08, 2007

"very good cond. Only put 6000 miles on it in past two years. Had a small car when it was purchased and now have a buick rendezvous with more room and don't use the van for travel any more. Only repair done to it has been fuel filter replacement. Runs good."

Front end problems!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Bought this 2003 new.No problems,EXCEPT when the van is loaded,going down a 6+% grade,it can be very exciting: Violent shaking,totally out of control,scary ride.If you have a weak heart,stay out of these circumstances.Talked with GM about this,went to several dealers,never got an answer. Bottom line,I do not haul a load with this van into the Smokies,or anywhere else where I expect to find steep grades. (I use my Dodge Sprinter for the mountains.)It (Chevy) gets as much as 15 MPG. Not good,but when I bought it,not bad.It has been very reliable after 43K miles.Have had numerous Chevy's and have been pleased with most of them. Wouldn't buy another one.The front end problem cured me forever."

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Awesome vehicle for family travel and for hauling. Only problem is that the transmission went just past the warranty and GMAC would not help compensate me."

Best van ever!

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I have owned 7 vans, 5 new, this one ordered with the 7.4L gas, ext. van, heavily optioned, put on 86,000 smiles, wonderful vehicle, will always be remembered fondly, and compared to as the gold standard. My trade-in value was phenominal, and replaced with a new Avalance, since 4WD is now an absolute necessity. I miss that van tremendously!"

Do not buy this vehicle

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"We have a 1998 Global Express conversion van. Despite excellent maintenance, the engine blew up at 120,000 miles. The engine is not repairable. The rear tail lights on mine (and others I have seen) must have some sort of a short. Have to replace the entire socket fixture to correct. The doors rattle incessantly. The upper dash board crakced under the heat in Florida. This is not a good vehicle to own. Save yourself a lot of aggravation and look for something different."

Works Hard, Plays Harder!

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"I was given this van for work replacing our Dodge Vans. I can honestly say that the van is styled well. Engineers must have been service work oriented on this design. It is comfortable, has plenty of power for a V6, and rides well. I can even haul my boat with it after work and get more out of it. Goes great in the snow as well. My only complaint is the side doors need a better design on the hinges, have to oil weekly to keep them moving freely."

good work house auto

By on Monday, September 03, 2007

"not may problems for upkeep. Only problem is the fuel pump going out. Other then that this van is good for heavy loads."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Express 1500 Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals