2015 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,451 - $24,563.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/29/2016

10/7.2

7.8

Based on 504 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

Fuel economy is not as advertised

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Pros: "handles well, comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "rough changing of gears (transmission)"

"We really like this vehicle's looks, handling and comfort, but we bought it because it was advertised to get 32 mpg on the highway. Unfortunately ours only gets around 23.8 on the highway when we drove it cross country. We now have nearly 8,000 miles on the car and the mileage has not improved. In town our gas mileage averages around 19 mpg. We have taken it back to the dealership twice complaining about the lack of gas economy with no action taken. We even wrote a complaint to GM. We received a call back with the only satisfaction of having them report our discontent with the engineering department."

not worth it

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

"nothing but problems since day one . gm cant seem to fix the problem of it stalling out in traffic . gas mileage doesnt do what it says"

I like the car but am getting terrible gas mileage

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "quiet, comfortable"

Cons: "no back window spray, poor mpg"

"I liked other cars better that were less expensive but chose the Equinox because they promised 28 - 32 mpg. I bought a 4cl. to get even better gas mpg but only get 22.3!! I am very disappointed."

Hate it ! MPG only 19

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Haven't found any"

Cons: "Poor air circulation, low MPG, cheap upgrades"

"There are so many problems I have found with the design of this car. I will never buy a first year model again nor will Chevy get my business again. They have been totally uncooperative or caring. There is very poor air circulation. Windows fog up badly. I've gotten frost on the inside. Poor underdoor panel. Mud can go up under door jam so when you open the door the mud is inside the car. I've not gotten over 19 mpg. I realize it is a 6 cylinder but it was supposed to be rated at 23. My daughters 2010 6 cyl Chevy Traverse gets much better mileage. I have the navigation system which never seems to work right. If you are looking for something it will give you the closest one in some other State. It doesn't work right unless you want to pay a monthly charge for XM radio and even that did not interface correctly for Traffic problems. Definitely not worth the money. The blue tooth drops calls and unless you are yelling everyone reports they can't hear you. Need I go on?????"

4CYL, 6SPPED PERFORMANCE TERRIBLE

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "BEAUTIFUL DESIGN"

Cons: "POWER TRAIN PERFORMANCE IS TERRIBLE"

"THE COMBINATION OF 4 CYL ENGINE AND 6 SPEED TRANSMISSION IS TERRIBLE. THERE ARE TOO MANY SHIFTING POINTS, ESPECIALLY IN SLOW MOVING TRAFFIC. THE 4 CYL ENGINE DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER TO MERGE INTO HIGH SPEED TRAFFIC AND NO GUTS IN THE PASSING GEAR. THIS COMBINATION OF ENGINE/TRANSMISSION DOES NOT BELONG IN A SUV.MY CAR HAS STALLED OUT, DROPPED OUT OF CRUSE CONTROL SEVERAL TIMES, WITH NO APPARENT REASON, SHIFTS UP AND DOWN WHEN IN SLOW MOVING TRAFFIC OR SLOWING DOWN TO GO AROUND CURVES, VERY GERKY WHEN SHIFTING ESPECIALLY IN THE LOWER GEARS, DASH LIGHTS DIM FOR NO REASON. BEAUTIFUL DESIGN - BUT THE POWER TRAIN DOES NOT MEET CHEVY NAME."