2015 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,592 - $24,701.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/7.2

7.9

Based on 500 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

A very nice SUV.

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

"It's a great car for our use. Drives well. Heater and AC work very well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I'm a little disappointed with the gas mileage though. It's not much better than my 2005 Uplander mileage. And that was a V6."

impressive, outstanding

By on Monday, July 11, 2016

"I have owned my 2013 equinox Lt AWD for 3 years and still loving it. It gets excellent mpg my best has been 45mpg (with a tail wind), on a windy day going against the wind I get 26mpg, I average 30mpg. For an all wheel drive SUV with lots of room I will take that mileage all day long. Its quiet inside, handles great, gets around great on ice and snow. the interior and exterior are sporty looking, I love this car. High five to Chevy!! OUTSTANDING SUV!!!!!"

mileage is a joke

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "olvr the car -not milrage right size, easy to"

Cons: "no sun roof"

"I only get 23 miles per gal on highway. HOw do they get by advertising 32"

just ok, but tired of problems

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "good price and styling, awd great in snow"

Cons: "not reliable and sturdy"

"i bought this car brand new in feb. 2011. it started off nice, a little concerned about mpg. i usually always average 24mpg so not too bad. well now one year later i am so scared that vehicle is not going to last 5 years. it rattles bad all over, it has been in the shop 3 or 4 times, once because the engine light came on, the cause, engine misfiring! the transmission slips then slams into gear. i have told the dealer about this and their reply is "ya that six speed trans can make it feel a little funny". seriously! i'm 36 and have driven all types if vehicles, i'm pretty sure i can tell that this transmission is not right. steering wheel was sticking so they put in a new rack. i guess they thought it ok to give it back with the steering wheel cocked to the left. hmm! now steering is clicking. not too happy at this point. i love the looks and dont want to have to give it up but enough already. fix the problems GM. also on start up the engine sounds as though its going to fall out with all the clanking. but in 2 seconds sound is gone. idk."

Worst vehicle we have owned

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, quiet, well appointed"

Cons: "no air in rear, Quality, price"

"First problem was the rear main seal on engine leaking. Second was the transmission pump seal. Third was the timing chain and gears replaced. Fourth was the electronics that control the radio, heater, nav, and everything else went crazy. After these have been fixed no problems in the last 3000 miles. Timing set is getting noisy again. What a piece of Chevrolet junk!!!!!!!!"

Fuel economy is not as advertised

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Pros: "handles well, comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "rough changing of gears (transmission)"

"We really like this vehicle's looks, handling and comfort, but we bought it because it was advertised to get 32 mpg on the highway. Unfortunately ours only gets around 23.8 on the highway when we drove it cross country. We now have nearly 8,000 miles on the car and the mileage has not improved. In town our gas mileage averages around 19 mpg. We have taken it back to the dealership twice complaining about the lack of gas economy with no action taken. We even wrote a complaint to GM. We received a call back with the only satisfaction of having them report our discontent with the engineering department."

disappointment

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"I bought a 2010 Equinox 2LT 4cyl 2wd. 1. The fold flat front seat is no longer available making the load length considerably shorter. I feel this was a dumb move for a utility vehicle. 2. I have been driving with a light foot and I have only managed 23.7 mpg. I am in eco mode and 80% of my driving is on a 4 lane with the cruise on 60 mph. I hope this improves after I have a few thousand miles on the engine."

Pretty decent

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "Blind spot mirrors, comfortable, good AWD"

Cons: "Low front, narrow loading area, sluggish steering"

"I own the 2013 Chev Equinox 1LT. This is my first new vehicle and I am fairly satisfied with my purchase. I've owned this vehicle for two years and I haven't had any major issues with it. The pros in my view is that this vehicle is comfortable to ride in. I've had many passengers who loved sitting in the back seat since it provides lots of stretch room. I love the blindspot mirrors in which apparently newer Equinoxes lack now (I wonder why...). I've survived two winters without being stuck once. With winter tires on the Equinox, I felt confident and safe driving in the snow. The fuel economy could be better in comparison to its foreign rivals. I get approximately 23mpg on average when driving a mix of city and highway on the 4-cyl engine. Some cons I find is that the steering is quite sluggish, don't be expecting a sporty feel as it is really a family vehicle. The interior in the loading area is quite narrow in comparison to other SUVs, I found that loading my bikes into the vehicle a bit challenging but I make it work. The front of the vehicle is pretty low, so be careful with those cement parking blocks. The entertainment plug-in is located in the armrest compartment. It's awkwardly positioned and it takes a bit to fiddle around and connect my cords into. Overall it is a pretty decent vehicle and I see myself keeping it for a bit longer!"

GM is saving money by eliminating filler panel

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "good looking-economical"

Cons: "deleted essential part to save money"

"This is my second Equinox LTZ,the first being a 2010. This is a great car,except in the 2014 model GM decided to eliminate a 300 dollar filler panel in the cargo area. I don't know if it is a cost saving measure,but it makes the cargo area look unfinished as the brackets for the panel are still there. There is now a recessed area from one side of the car to the other,that is a catch-all for any loose objects."

Equinox- one year report

By on Sunday, December 5, 2010

"I have been completely satisfied with my Equinox. I now have 15 months of driving, approx 23k miles. Runs great, zero problems. I love the interior styling of this vehicle. I have the LT1 level, I now wish I had upgraded to the LT2 or LTZ level (I am really a cheapskate when buying a car). I use in business (real estate), with lots of peeps in the car. Most of the time I use as mini office, lunch room, etc, so interior comfort is really important for me. Clean up of interior has been great, I forget name of cleaner I use, but I hit the interior with spray bottle and cloth every couple of months... looks like new again. I have a choice of vehicle to drive every day, I pick the Equinox over my 2005 Mercedes C230 every day. Let my kid drive the other one, I prefer the great gas milage, height on road to see over other cars, and the R O O M inside. Recommend you place the Equinox on your buy list."

not good

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "comfort, saftey"

Cons: "bad quality"

"we bought this car brand new, two months later it had a recall on seat belts. then within the first year of owning this car, it has been in the shop three times for the serpentine belt, air conditioning fan and water pump. now its back in the shop because the air/heat stopped working and it is cutting off when going from reverse to drive. it has been slipping gears while driving since we bought it and chevy dealer cannot find the reason. over all I would NOT recommend this vehicle!"

love the car but tired of the repairs

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "a sharp looking car with a nice ride"

Cons: "Too many issues this early"

"I really like the looks and ride of the car but as the old saying go's "looks are only skin deep" The gas milage is "ok" for an awd of this size but the hyw mpg has been well below the 29 that it was advertised to get and I do mostly hwy driving, 23-24 is what I have learned to live with as long as there is not much wind, if you drive in any wind thats not a tail wind its in the upper teens and the tranny is constantly shifting up and down but latley it is more of a slamming up and down so now I wonder how long till that go's. The engine still seems to have the same power it always had but it sounds like it had a tough long life and I have always done 3500 mile oil changes at the dealer and when I ask them about it they cant hear anything thats not normal. I like the car enough that I'm "tempted" to try another one but I feel like I shouldnt have to be replacing a car this soon and I need a dependable car for my job and this aint it so I will be looking at something similar but a different brand and hope things turn out better ."

At 10,000 miles and still impressed with quality

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Great quality, excellent performance & comfort"

Cons: "None. The car has been flawless for 10,000 miles"

"I own a 2013 LTZ with the V6 engine. I have driven the car for 10,000 miles and only been back to the dealer for a free oil change. The car is attractive, fast, very quiet, very comfortable, handles great and has superb brakes. The leather seats are really nice and the interior has nice quality materials everywhere. This car does exactly what Chevrolet advertrises. I just returned from a trip and got 27 MPG while driving 89 MPH. I have gotten 32.4 MPG when driving slower. The new 301 horsepower V6 in the 2013 is a big improvement over the lower powered 3.o in earlier years. This car has the same powertrain as the small Cadillac SUV. I have read some other reviews that complained about the car. I notied most of them were for earlier models. I can attest to the quality and reliabilty of the 2013 model. I am very impressed with the quality and how plesant this car is to drive.I definately recommend it to anyone who wants a quality mid-size SUV that has good performance, good fuel economy and is very comfortable and quiet. A really nice car!"

Big problems

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Son loved it...before the transmission disaster"

Cons: "No warning...no lights...nothing. Then BAM."

"Bought the car new...4,000 miles. transmission fell out of it yesterday. Had to have it towed. All wheel drive version. Left my son stranded. Not good experience. Will wait and see how GM handles this one."

I like the car but am getting terrible gas mileage

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "quiet, comfortable"

Cons: "no back window spray, poor mpg"

"I liked other cars better that were less expensive but chose the Equinox because they promised 28 - 32 mpg. I bought a 4cl. to get even better gas mpg but only get 22.3!! I am very disappointed."

Hate it ! MPG only 19

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Haven't found any"

Cons: "Poor air circulation, low MPG, cheap upgrades"

"There are so many problems I have found with the design of this car. I will never buy a first year model again nor will Chevy get my business again. They have been totally uncooperative or caring. There is very poor air circulation. Windows fog up badly. I've gotten frost on the inside. Poor underdoor panel. Mud can go up under door jam so when you open the door the mud is inside the car. I've not gotten over 19 mpg. I realize it is a 6 cylinder but it was supposed to be rated at 23. My daughters 2010 6 cyl Chevy Traverse gets much better mileage. I have the navigation system which never seems to work right. If you are looking for something it will give you the closest one in some other State. It doesn't work right unless you want to pay a monthly charge for XM radio and even that did not interface correctly for Traffic problems. Definitely not worth the money. The blue tooth drops calls and unless you are yelling everyone reports they can't hear you. Need I go on?????"

4CYL, 6SPPED PERFORMANCE TERRIBLE

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "BEAUTIFUL DESIGN"

Cons: "POWER TRAIN PERFORMANCE IS TERRIBLE"

"THE COMBINATION OF 4 CYL ENGINE AND 6 SPEED TRANSMISSION IS TERRIBLE. THERE ARE TOO MANY SHIFTING POINTS, ESPECIALLY IN SLOW MOVING TRAFFIC. THE 4 CYL ENGINE DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER TO MERGE INTO HIGH SPEED TRAFFIC AND NO GUTS IN THE PASSING GEAR. THIS COMBINATION OF ENGINE/TRANSMISSION DOES NOT BELONG IN A SUV.MY CAR HAS STALLED OUT, DROPPED OUT OF CRUSE CONTROL SEVERAL TIMES, WITH NO APPARENT REASON, SHIFTS UP AND DOWN WHEN IN SLOW MOVING TRAFFIC OR SLOWING DOWN TO GO AROUND CURVES, VERY GERKY WHEN SHIFTING ESPECIALLY IN THE LOWER GEARS, DASH LIGHTS DIM FOR NO REASON. BEAUTIFUL DESIGN - BUT THE POWER TRAIN DOES NOT MEET CHEVY NAME."

not worth it

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

"nothing but problems since day one . gm cant seem to fix the problem of it stalling out in traffic . gas mileage doesnt do what it says"

Needs more umph

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "cargo room"

Cons: "MPG, not enough power, at the repair shop alot."

"I take turns car pooling with co workers and with 4 adults and a few tools weighing around 150 lbs in the back the engine is really strained and underpowered and rarely gets over 22 hyway mpg. If I travel alone with nothing in the back I get 24-25 driving 65... I am very disapointed since I bought this brand with the 4cylinder becouse of the stated mpg, the v6 was alot more upfront cost and the dealer said the mpg was only in the low 20's hyway mpg with the v6 and the 4 was the better engine. It has spent alot of time at the dealer for electrical issues and left me and my co workers sitting along side the road twice. My 3 co workers that I pool with all have different brands and similar sized crossover's as mine and all perform much better and get the same mpg loaded with 4 adults and tools as mine gets with just me in it. I will be getting a different crossover very soon."

I got a lemon

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"I think I got the lemon. I purchased a 2010 LTZ in December 2009. As of now (July 2010) it has been back to the dealer repair shop 5 times. My AUX ipod port never works and my power steering has gone out. Overall, I do like the car. If I hadn't visited the repair shop 5 times in the past 7 months I probably would have rated it 5 stars all the way. But now I'm just really irritated with it and wish I'd never gotten it."

This vehicle is worth every penny.

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Great ride. Great fuel economy for its size."

Cons: "Rear seat not quite flat when folded for cargo."

"I purchased 2012 LS model two years ago. I find it roomy and comfortable. I liked it so much that I bought the GMC version (2013 Terrain) for my wife - hers is loaded with all the options. I put 73,000 miles on my Equinox in two years. Tires at 65,000 miles. Oil changes every 7000 and it still runs like the day it was delivered to me. I have found that 28mpg is what I get with no A/C on the highway or city. I get 27mpg with A/C. So you won't get 32mpg on the highway but you get much better than the rated city mpg. I have just ordered the 2014 LS model as my company supplies my vehicle and refreshes every two years. I get to choose from a few vehicles and will gladly own another Equinox. It appears that not much has changed (dimensions look identical) other than addition of a usb port (LS) - but that is "fine by me"."

Love my equinox

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

"comfortable, nice extras and a good value for the price,reliable, roomy, mileage ranges between 24-25 city 28-30 highway, knobs and buttons are convenient and user friendly, seats adjust nicely for all heights"

Slow acceleration-afraid to pull out into traffic

By on Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cons: "ECO mode should not be used in city -"

"ECO option for 32mpg is meant for hwy only. Slow acceleration in ECO mode. Service dept said 'refer to handbook'. Handbook states response time may be affected. Had hoped to hand this vehicle down to teen, but no way would I put a learning driver in this vehicle. Wonder if all ECO friendly cross-overs have this problem."

Poor gas mileage, bad transmission.

By on Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"Gas mileage has been well below sticker mileage, engine response is poor, transmission is geared terribly, transmission slips and shutters. I do not recommend this vehicle."

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "V6, Styling"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"Had this car a week. I am extremely happy with the price and the quality of the car. The ride is nice and the V6 has very good power. It accelerates very well. The car has a quiet interior. In my opinion its the best car in its class for the money. Only problem is gas mileage is not as advertised so far. Although, I have only had it for a week."