2015 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,150 - $24,683.

10/7.2

7.8

Based on 454 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Reliable vehicle, rear seat has good leg room

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

"We have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. Adjustable rear sear is wonderful and provides more leg room than my Suburban! 6 cylinder engine was the right choice. Easy in and out for my wife who uses a walker."

Much better then I thought it would be

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Nice to drive"

Cons: "Rear view"

"On our long trips it was much more comfortable then expected. Gas mileage was also a nice surprise for a six cylinder. Not very good view when backing up and a very wide turning radius."

I love this 2012 Equinox.

By on Sunday, July 26, 2015

Pros: "A joy to drive! Feel very safe in it."

Cons: "Can't think of a thing!"

"For many years I have purchased new cars every 18 months. This 2012 Equinox has exceeded my expectations. I love the optional hatch release and bought the cloth with heated seats because I have a large dog who rides with me often. Mine is the Graystone, and it looks really sharp. I would highly recommend this vehicle. I change the oil and rotate tires when my vehicle tells me it is time to, and haven't had one problem with it. The mechanic at my dealership asked if I was interested in selling it as he is looking for one for his wife. I have NO intentions of letting this crossover go!"

Very nice vehicle that has been reliable.

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Drives smoothly; solid feel."

Cons: "Blind spots and "iffy" gas mileage"

"Like all aspects of vehicle with exception of some "blind spots" & gas mileage is disappointing."

GM has poor customer service

By on Thursday, April 04, 2013

"This is a nice little family car but dosent get real world milage anywhere close to what is advertised... But my real problem is how GM is handling the well know engine problem the equinox has been haveing, just do a search on equinox engine problems to see what I'm talking about, I wish I would have done that before buying. My dealer was great at trying to help me get a new engine but GM didnt budge till the engine failed completly. The dealer had documented oil consumption and loud abnormal engine noise too many times to count and GM kept saying thats normal for a 4 cylinder. I think they were hoping the warranty would run out before the engine did... It seems they could care less about the customer after the car is sold."

Fair vechicle for the money

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Pros: "ok valve for the money -"

Cons: "poor ride - poor gas milage. FWD poor on snow."

"Looks are good, seat comfort is fine, no blind spots - but poor ride, gas mileage not even close to sticker - advertised 31 MPG, on a good day I get 24."

Worst vehicle we have owned

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, quiet, well appointed"

Cons: "no air in rear, Quality, price"

"First problem was the rear main seal on engine leaking. Second was the transmission pump seal. Third was the timing chain and gears replaced. Fourth was the electronics that control the radio, heater, nav, and everything else went crazy. After these have been fixed no problems in the last 3000 miles. Timing set is getting noisy again. What a piece of Chevrolet junk!!!!!!!!"

not good

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "comfort, saftey"

Cons: "bad quality"

"we bought this car brand new, two months later it had a recall on seat belts. then within the first year of owning this car, it has been in the shop three times for the serpentine belt, air conditioning fan and water pump. now its back in the shop because the air/heat stopped working and it is cutting off when going from reverse to drive. it has been slipping gears while driving since we bought it and chevy dealer cannot find the reason. over all I would NOT recommend this vehicle!"

Lots of problems already

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

"Its a nice suv but has lots of rattles and been to the dealer to many times to remember for electrical issues that they cant seem to fix, the one that happens the most is the dash go's completly dead and I end up with no heater, radio, back up camera, ect... the gas milage is nothing to brag about either, 22 on long hyway trips and 16 in town."

Comfortable but bad fuel effiency

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, roomy, radio sounds good."

Cons: "Fuel economy, blind spots, rough ride"

"I purchased brand new with 13 miles on it. I currently have 6500 miles and have gone through 25 tanks of gas.It has very bad gas mileage and does not stand up to the sticker averages of 22city/32 HWY/ 26 average. Not once in the last 7 months have i hit 22 mpg. The car is comfortable, cleans up well, very stylish but rides rough with Michelin tires. Alot of blind spots but for a 4 cyclinder i should never get anyless than 22mpg..."

Needs more umph

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "cargo room"

Cons: "MPG, not enough power, at the repair shop alot."

"I take turns car pooling with co workers and with 4 adults and a few tools weighing around 150 lbs in the back the engine is really strained and underpowered and rarely gets over 22 hyway mpg. If I travel alone with nothing in the back I get 24-25 driving 65... I am very disapointed since I bought this brand with the 4cylinder becouse of the stated mpg, the v6 was alot more upfront cost and the dealer said the mpg was only in the low 20's hyway mpg with the v6 and the 4 was the better engine. It has spent alot of time at the dealer for electrical issues and left me and my co workers sitting along side the road twice. My 3 co workers that I pool with all have different brands and similar sized crossover's as mine and all perform much better and get the same mpg loaded with 4 adults and tools as mine gets with just me in it. I will be getting a different crossover very soon."

GM Bought it back w/1k offset!

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Fun Tech, Comfy ride, OnStar"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Engine & misc electrical Problems."

"Got the 2LT w/all the bells & whistles including the Navi, the car has been in the shop 8 times for warranty repairs. Usually it's the Navi that keeps trying to send me to Canada or it's just frozen which requires me to pull over, turn off the car & open the door to reset the system... Fun on a highway lol. Other times it's been the power liftgate intermittently working, the rear window making this horrible popping noise, the engine making some weird start up growl or the AC making the car sound like it's gonna explode. So yea, not impressed after turning in a honda CRV for this nightmare 32K later & it's going back to GM this week. I've learned a lot about cars in the last few year, I went American to help the economy & because the car had more options than the toyota & honda but this time around I'll stick with the long standing reliability and resale value of the Rav4 or the CRV even if I have to give up onstar or a power liftgate :("

just ok, but tired of problems

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "good price and styling, awd great in snow"

Cons: "not reliable and sturdy"

"i bought this car brand new in feb. 2011. it started off nice, a little concerned about mpg. i usually always average 24mpg so not too bad. well now one year later i am so scared that vehicle is not going to last 5 years. it rattles bad all over, it has been in the shop 3 or 4 times, once because the engine light came on, the cause, engine misfiring! the transmission slips then slams into gear. i have told the dealer about this and their reply is "ya that six speed trans can make it feel a little funny". seriously! i'm 36 and have driven all types if vehicles, i'm pretty sure i can tell that this transmission is not right. steering wheel was sticking so they put in a new rack. i guess they thought it ok to give it back with the steering wheel cocked to the left. hmm! now steering is clicking. not too happy at this point. i love the looks and dont want to have to give it up but enough already. fix the problems GM. also on start up the engine sounds as though its going to fall out with all the clanking. but in 2 seconds sound is gone. idk."

I got a lemon

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"I think I got the lemon. I purchased a 2010 LTZ in December 2009. As of now (July 2010) it has been back to the dealer repair shop 5 times. My AUX ipod port never works and my power steering has gone out. Overall, I do like the car. If I hadn't visited the repair shop 5 times in the past 7 months I probably would have rated it 5 stars all the way. But now I'm just really irritated with it and wish I'd never gotten it."

Disappointing 2nd purchase

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Very attractive exterior and interior"

Cons: "Very noisy; bad gas mileage"

"Had a 2010 4cl Equinox. Liked it very much (except for the squeaking noise, which was eventually fixed with a new part). Recently bought a 2012 6cl Equinox. Noisy and poor gas mileage. Makes low, loud rumbling noise when it starts up, when it's idling, when it's being driven below 55 MPH. Thought it was the muffler. Had it to dealer; said they couldn't hear anything, but they rotated the tires anyway. Sometimes the noise gives me a headache. Think now that it's just road noise, which means vehicle is not well designed if the sound of your tires invades the car's interior! And don't get me started on the jet engine noise if you happen to roll down the back window. Chevy said it's the car's design. BAD DESIGN!"

mileage is a joke

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "olvr the car -not milrage right size, easy to"

Cons: "no sun roof"

"I only get 23 miles per gal on highway. HOw do they get by advertising 32"

I like the car but am getting terrible gas mileage

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "quiet, comfortable"

Cons: "no back window spray, poor mpg"

"I liked other cars better that were less expensive but chose the Equinox because they promised 28 - 32 mpg. I bought a 4cl. to get even better gas mpg but only get 22.3!! I am very disappointed."

Hate it ! MPG only 19

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Haven't found any"

Cons: "Poor air circulation, low MPG, cheap upgrades"

"There are so many problems I have found with the design of this car. I will never buy a first year model again nor will Chevy get my business again. They have been totally uncooperative or caring. There is very poor air circulation. Windows fog up badly. I've gotten frost on the inside. Poor underdoor panel. Mud can go up under door jam so when you open the door the mud is inside the car. I've not gotten over 19 mpg. I realize it is a 6 cylinder but it was supposed to be rated at 23. My daughters 2010 6 cyl Chevy Traverse gets much better mileage. I have the navigation system which never seems to work right. If you are looking for something it will give you the closest one in some other State. It doesn't work right unless you want to pay a monthly charge for XM radio and even that did not interface correctly for Traffic problems. Definitely not worth the money. The blue tooth drops calls and unless you are yelling everyone reports they can't hear you. Need I go on?????"

Disappointment

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

"I purchased this smaller, 4 cylinder SUV based on the gas mileage. CHEVROLET'S CLAIMS OF 32 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY ARE BOGUS! I've got 8800 miles on my Equinox and it averages 21 mpg. Most of my travel is highway miles. It is also a little sluggish at times. This will probably be the last Chevy that I buy."

Good Vehicle, but with Pitfalls

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "Good value when bought, but the value drops fast!"

Cons: "MPG not accurate, rear door not sealed well."

"My Equinox is a great vehicle driving wise, and the features are nice. Leg room is great too! The pitfall's are: MPG is not accurate! It's listed at 22 city and 32 highway. The best highway mileage I've gotten is 28 mpg, without the AC on, and on pretty level freeway travel. The city mileage is closer to accurate, unless using the AC, same with highway which is to be expected. Another problem, the rear end door seals DO NOT keep dust out worth a darn! Dust and dirt accumulate bigtime along the areas where the weather-stripping is. The ride is a bit rougher than I expected but the handling is excellent. Blind spots are a problem too."

equinox is awesome the value stinks looses val

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "very awesome to drive"

Cons: "doesnt retain its value ."

"very nice driving also very comfortable. i paid 25000 a year ago now its valued at 15000. imports retain more value longer"

Slow acceleration-afraid to pull out into traffic

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Cons: "ECO mode should not be used in city -"

"ECO option for 32mpg is meant for hwy only. Slow acceleration in ECO mode. Service dept said 'refer to handbook'. Handbook states response time may be affected. Had hoped to hand this vehicle down to teen, but no way would I put a learning driver in this vehicle. Wonder if all ECO friendly cross-overs have this problem."

WORST purchase we have ever made!!!!

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "I used to like the look of the car and interior."

Cons: "low mpg,multiple problems within short life of car"

"We bought the Equinox in April 2011 (we bought a 2011) and since then it has been in the shop 6 times....it is in the shop for the 6th time right now going on 80 days to date. In June a sensor went bad causing the car to stall on me while driving, it was in the shop for 2 weeks. July the air conditioner started blowing out hot air and the odometer read 5000 miles and we were only getting 21 mpg hwy miles. In August the car started to cut out on me while driving and was in the shop for over 1 month while they tried to fix the transmission....needless to say they had to replace the transmission. In September there was a recall that required a part to be fixed. About 1 month ago we thought we were having symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and we were.... there was a leak in a gasket on the catalytic converter and we had been exposed to exhaust fumes for who knows how long! The car was in the shop for 2 weeks this time and we got it back only to find that the leak was not fixed completely. The car has been in the shop again for 3 days so far this time....GM will not help me replace the car for something different.....This is the worst purchase we have ever made!!! Buyer Beware - I wish someone would have warned me before we spent $25,000 on this awful car."

Not worth the cost

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "price,space,AWD"

Cons: "oil burner, tire fill up hassle, low mpg"

"I have to say I was not satified with this car after having it a few months. It does not get the gas mileage as expected. It burns through oil a lot for being a newer car. I have to constantly check the oil level every 1000 miles! And now having issues with the wheel barrings needing replaced this soon. Oh, not to mention the hassle to just fill the tires with air and the process of steps to do that in order to have the computer sensor be detected correctly. The good things are that the comfort and space inside is nice. The AWD does handle nicely."

Love my equinox

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

"comfortable, nice extras and a good value for the price,reliable, roomy, mileage ranges between 24-25 city 28-30 highway, knobs and buttons are convenient and user friendly, seats adjust nicely for all heights"