2014 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,722 - $24,333.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 431 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

surprised

By on Friday, March 11, 2011

"TRADED IN 2007 GMC ACADIA SLT AWD WHICH I LOVED EXCEPT I BOUGHT IT FOR THE 17 MPG CITY DRIVING IT WAS RATED AT .I FIGURED I WOULD GET ABOUT 15 MPG, WRONG. TRY 11 TO 12 AND I LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN NOT A CITY SO TO SPEAK.I HAD IT CHECKED OUT TWICE AND WAS TOLD THATS WHAT IT GETS. I DO DRIVE LIKE A SANE PERSON AND TRIED ALL DRIVING HABITS.NOTHING WORKED SO I TEST DROVE A NUMBER OF OTHER VEHICLES AND ENDED UP WITH A CHEVY EQUINOX LTZ, 4 CYLINDER AND NO AWD.I REALIZED WHAT I REALLY NEEDED IN A VEHICLE WAS GOOD MPG AND COMFORT. NO AWD WHICH I MIGHT ONLY USE ONCE A YR AND A 4 BANGER. WELL I AM 6'2 AND WEIGH 285 AND IT IS VERY COMFORTABLE. PLENTY OF LEG ROOM AND HAS PLENTY OF POWER. ONLY NEGITIVE IS CARGO AREA COULD HAVE BEEN BIGGER BUT IT WORKS.ONLY HAVE ABOUT 300 MILES ON IT AND MPG CITY IS AROUND 15. VERY PLEASED WITH CAR LIKE RIDE AND HANDLES GREAT. DON T LET SIZE FOOL YOU .YOU MIGHT BE SUPRISED LIKE I AM.MPG PROBABLY WON T BE AS GM SAYS(WHAT A SURPRISE) BUT ITS BETTER THAN WHAT I HAD AND THE COMFORT IS STILL THERE WITH BETTER MPG. HOPE THIS HELPS"

Terrible gas mileage!

By on Wednesday, March 09, 2011

"I bought this 4 cylinder Equinox because it boasts 32mpg on the highway. The absolute best mileage I've gotten with it on all highway driving at 65mph is 28mpg. And that's with just me in the car and not much else, so it's basically just the weight of the car + about 160 lbs. I checked the mileage for just driving around town, it was 20mpg. I was horrified! I am a good driver, I don't put the pedal to the metal so I should be getting those 32mpg - if there were such a thing. I am sooo disappointed in it that I wish I could just trade it off, but of course that would cost me a bundle. Chevy should be ashamed of themselves for lying about the gas mileage. I hate it when someone lies to me, this will be my last Chevy! I like the looks of the car, but looks aren't everything with $3.45 per gallon of gas! So, NO, I would not recommend this car. I should have bought the Ford Escape!"

2011 LTZ Equinox

By on Sunday, March 06, 2011

"Gas mileage is often criticized for the 4-cyl Equinox. After 1500 miles I took my first road trip and with air conditioning on I averaged 28.5 MPG. I could have gotten a mile or two better I'm sure had I turned the air off. Around town mileage varies. Never less than 22 and usually 24+. To get near the quoted 32 you need to do a couple of things. 1. Make sure the MPG indicator has been reset to 0 after a fill up and 2. keep your foot LIGHT on the gas. The ECO mode seems not to matter very much at all and actually it interferes with smooth transmission shifting. Bottom line - GREAT ride and quality. Bought it $500.00 under invoice - not MSRP."

By on Thursday, March 03, 2011

"Well, to start off, I have children. When putting a child in a car seat in the back seat, there is no leg room. I have listened to my children cry and be mad because they cant move there legs around. I have had to take the front seats and move them clear up to be able to give my kids enough room for there feet and legs to be comfortable. In doing so, it has made the front seat passengers very cramped and uncomfortable. Not happy with the fact that I only get 20 mpg on highway driving even with the cruise set. Engine is making more noise and the dealerships says it is fine. I do not like the fact at how much louder the engine is now compared to when I first bought the car. Overall, I am just very dissatisfied with this vehicle. I would definitly not recommend this vehicle to someone with children."

By on Saturday, February 19, 2011