• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,739 - $24,252.

10/7.3

7.7

Based on 387 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Nice confortable vehicle

By on Friday, November 27, 2009

"I like the sharp styling, it's roomy interior and the four-cylinder's 32-mpg highway fuel economy. Needs a third-row seating."

Just picked up!!!!

By on Saturday, November 21, 2009

"Well I just got her tonight, and I must say I am very impressed. Got the 2lt 4-banger with black and titanium leather, rear dvd system. The interior is really what sold me on it, plus was looking for better gas mileage(traded 06 Ram 14 mpg.) I will be happy if I average 24-28 mpg. Just needed something with good economy and a decent back seat for the kids. I also have yukon xl for any of the major hauling duties. It actually has more features than the yukon, for the same price as what I paid for the yukon. I will say good luck to anyone trying to wheel and deal on these, I got $1500 in rebates and could only manage $500 off msrp."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"Bought the vehicle in August with the cash for clunkers program and got a 1000.00 rebate and a 750.00 usaa discount with a good discount from the dealer in atlanta. The Equinox standsout and is very comfortable, the gas milage is better when not in the eco mode and I average around 32mph at 60 mph and around town about 25mph. GM as a hit with this car and anyone buying a CUV should really concider this vehicle since GM stepped up its warranty to 100,000 miles. I have to say I am very satisfied with the new Equinox."

I do love it but...

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Ordered a gold mist ext., gray two tone int. 1LT with rear camera and Vehicle interface in mid-August, it arrived in mid-October the day after I left on my 3,000 mile trip. The base 2LT was only about $600 more and worth the extra for fog lights, premium speakers, 8 way power seat and auto climate control. Oh well...I'm still quite satisfied. Too bad you can't get 0% financing for 60 mo, and much of a discount off MSRP except the $1000 incentive. But dealer gave me a free loaner for the month after my lease vehicle got turned in until this arrived and agreed to install a hitch, wiring, mud flaps, pinstripe, autoguard and cross rails at no charge anyway. I was spoiled by my Murano's continuously variable transmission because I don't like the jerky gear shifting and I question whether the engine will last the 10 years I plan on owning it as it already makes odd noises but you can't hear it inside the car because of great sound deadening. The dash is what sold me on this Equinox. I love the styling and my iPod connection and XM radio and OnStar and the displays. Seats seem to need some breaking in as they are rather stiff. Rear legroom is awesome unless you want significantly more cargo space and move the seat up 8". Driving a constant 55 MPH on flat roads will get you 36 MPG but on average I'm getting about 28 MPG on 70 MPH interstates and 35 MPH roads with occassional stops. I now have 1800 miles on it and I'm happy but I'm just as happy with my 5 year old Murano which is now my wife's car. Would I do it again? sure I would but I would recommend the base 2LT FWD 4 CYL."

I love it

By on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

"I worried about the Chevy brand, but I took a chance and bought the Equinox 1LT because I love the looks, and the advertised MPG. My only complaints, Chevy didn't make enough of them and the stupid Cash for Clunkers program stripped what was available forcing up the price of what was left. I could only find 3 LT models in all of NE Ohio. I ended up paying MSRP for the thing. I hate paying list price for anything. Also the MPG is not what was advertised. It is at best 28 MPG highway so far, that however, is not as big a concern because I have found that none of the EPA's MPG ratings have been accurate since changing them a few years ago. My wife’s 07 RAV-4, which promised 28 MPG only gets 24 MPG, must be wishful thinking on the EPA's part. As far as comfort and ride, the Equinox beats the Rav-4 hands down. I am a big guy and my knees hit the dash on the Rav, I don't even have my seat all the way back on the Equinox. I also have the back-up cam. That is the greatest invention since sliced bread!""