2014 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,452 - $24,037.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 409 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

poor gas mileage

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable. Roomy."

Cons: "Poor mileage. Lots of blind spots. Not enough cup holders."

"Average mph in city is 19.1. Very unhappy with mileage, otherwise, nice car."

Worst Purchase EVER

By on Friday, August 12, 2011

Pros: "great milage and great interior room"

Cons: "power is horible customer services is horible and product is bad"

"This car has been nothing but problems from the second day i bought it. The engine light went on the the second day and various times after. The gate latch had to be replaced a few months after i bought the car and the electronic piece was completely rusted?!? (yes on a brand new 2011 car)the muffler keeps poping, the antifrezze started to leak. I hav e had 4 new car different brands by FAR this is the worst purchase!"

Comfortable and Practical

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive; Ride; Practicality; Ample Space; Driving feel"

Cons: "No power driver's seat or memory seat option on 2LT"

"I traded a 2011 Buick Regal (too small) on a 2011 2LT in June. A 6cyl I have been averaging over 18mpg with city and some county driving. Impressed with ride and feel of the crossover. Mine is Mocha w/ Brownstone leather. Other features include sunroof and chrome package. I love the room inside and the layout of the dash. Absolutely no problems whatsoever. A great vehicle at a reasonable price. Highly recommend the vehicle and getting the V-6."

LOVE IT!

By on Saturday, August 06, 2011

Pros: "great control, fun to drive, durable inside and out"

Cons: "would def look into V6, LS NO power seats"

"I bought my Equinox May 14, 2010, YES 2010, and wanted to wait to write a review until I really broke in my SUV. I went with the LS 4-cylinder model due to not needing the roof racks, better speakers, blue tooth, and controls on the steering wheel. I traded in a 2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe that had the sunroof and steering wheel controls-I do have to say I def do miss those features but I've lived :) Just took a little getting used to reaching for the controls instead of pushing a button the steering wheel. I have had my Equinox a year and almost 3 months. I love it! November 29th (exactly 6.5 months after I purchased my SUV) I was in a bad car accident...someone turned into me on my passenger side and then I slid into a mail box on the driver side...($8,500 worth of damage). If I still had been in my little Honda Civic Coupe, my car would have flipped! The Equinox handled extremely well...beyond my expectations. In the time I've had my Equinox I ALREADY have just under 24,000 miles on it. I get MUCH better gas milage around town (25-27mpg) compared to highway driving when it drops to the low 20s. I do a lot of highway driving to and from school, so I'm kind of surprised...I love the look of the new Equinox...DOES NOT look anything like a mini van like the Traverse does. I love the inside as well. The look of the material in the LS I like a lot-sporty looking- and is extremely durable. I have a Golden Retriever that lays in the back seat all the time and hasn't made a pull or rip in the material whatsoever. The back seat is very spacious along with the rest of the SUV. I like the idea of the back seat forward or backward. One thing I do NOT like-folding the back seats down...it's not a flat level surface, it's angeled. If I had a choice to do it over again, I would def get the V6 just b/c of the highway driving I do, and I would consider getting the LT with the roof racks just because I like the sportier look. Other then that, the LS is PERFECT :)"

NOT BAD

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE - MPG -STYLE-"

Cons: "CARGO AREA COULD HAVE BEEN ALITTLE BIGGER-NO HOME LINK FOR GARAGE OPENER"

"HAVE 4 CYLINDER LTZ WITHOUT AWD AND HAVE ABOUT 5K NOW. STYLING AND COMFORT GOOD.DID GET 32MPH ONCE ON TRIP FROM WINCHESTER VA TO HARFORD CO MD .USUALLY AROUND 26-27 MPG WITH PASSENGERS AND AIR CONDITION ON DOING 65-70 MPH.AROUND TOWN WHICH IS ALITTLE CITY AND ALITTLE RURAL DRIVING I GET ABOUT 19 MPG. HAVE HAD NO ISSUES AND I AM VERY PLEASED SO FAR"