2014 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,427 - $24,006.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 402 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

One of the worst ever

By on Monday, October 03, 2011

Pros: "Not bad looking"

Cons: "Total piece of junk. Would not recommend."

"Can not put windows down while driving with radio on as the vibrations will drive you nuts, terrible. Windows go down on their own and auto filled with snow until computer reprogramed. Battery died often until discovering radio would go on by itself until battery was dead. Design allows dirt to collect on interior of door and back hatch. Poor design."

Sweet ride

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Great price, very comfortable, problem-free, looks great"

"I bought my LT2 in October 2010 and it currently has 11,000 miles. It took some getting used to at the beginning because I have always driven sedans but I am enjoying it now. The rear visibility is not as convenient as in a sedan. Backing up requires extra care, but I dont think thats unique to the Equinox. Other than that I have no negative comments. If I had to do it over again, I would get the automatic rear lift (for convenience), rear-view camera (for better rear vision), and leather seats (not because I have an problems with the cloth seats. I just didnt want to pay the difference when I bought the car). It is a great vehicle. The family loves it."

Shockingly high quality automobile. Kudos to GM!

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Beautiful styling. Lots of fun features inside and out"

Cons: "A little slow on takeoff, definitely not a sportscar! :-)"

"I have completely switched my allegiance over the past few years. I remain amazed at the quality vehicles GM now offers. This vehicle is extremely roomy, as I am 6'4". I love the smaller steering wheel and all of the bells and whistles. I am getting 24mpg but live in Northwesten Wyoming, where mountains rule the road. I went with the Mocha Steel color and have received nothing but compliments on the vehicle. Outstanding ride. Classy interior. Way to go GM!"

4CYL, 6SPPED PERFORMANCE TERRIBLE

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "BEAUTIFUL DESIGN"

Cons: "POWER TRAIN PERFORMANCE IS TERRIBLE"

"THE COMBINATION OF 4 CYL ENGINE AND 6 SPEED TRANSMISSION IS TERRIBLE. THERE ARE TOO MANY SHIFTING POINTS, ESPECIALLY IN SLOW MOVING TRAFFIC. THE 4 CYL ENGINE DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER TO MERGE INTO HIGH SPEED TRAFFIC AND NO GUTS IN THE PASSING GEAR. THIS COMBINATION OF ENGINE/TRANSMISSION DOES NOT BELONG IN A SUV.MY CAR HAS STALLED OUT, DROPPED OUT OF CRUSE CONTROL SEVERAL TIMES, WITH NO APPARENT REASON, SHIFTS UP AND DOWN WHEN IN SLOW MOVING TRAFFIC OR SLOWING DOWN TO GO AROUND CURVES, VERY GERKY WHEN SHIFTING ESPECIALLY IN THE LOWER GEARS, DASH LIGHTS DIM FOR NO REASON. BEAUTIFUL DESIGN - BUT THE POWER TRAIN DOES NOT MEET CHEVY NAME."

great small SUV with fantastic mileage

By on Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pros: "comfortable for a big guy like me!"

Cons: "shifting could be a little stiffer"

"Overall, I really love the Chevy Equinox. It's got plenty of room for me, and for its size, it gets great gas mileage (my actual average gas mileage is 27MPG on a tank). There are smaller cars out there that get way better gas mileage, but NONE of them are roomy enough for me, and I'm not even that big of a guy. The one complaint I have is that the transmission shifting is very sponge-ie, but it makes for a very smoothe ride. I have had no mechanical problems whatsoever. The oil life monitor in this car is fantastic too. I know exactly when I need to get my oil changed. The other cool thing I love is the On-Star vehicle service report. They even told me when to get my tires rotated for me. Not only that but the local dealer here has a fantastic service department."