2014 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,570 - $24,218.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 460 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

This is my 2nd Equinox.....best ever!

By on Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pros: "Looks beautiful, rides smooth.....luxurious."

Cons: "Mileage not as good as you think"

"Owned a CRV for 5 years. Traded for 2010 Equinox 1 LT. Much classier interior, roomier, and had OnStar with Bluetooth. I added remote start and rear camera. Loved the car so much that I just traded for the 2012 V6 LTZ ....beautiful. New 7 inch rear camera, heated leather seats, chrome package, Bluetooth and remote start.......so smooth. Highly recommend."

love the car but nothing but repair trouble

By on Thursday, May 21, 2015

I want this car

Pros: "like the body style handle gas milage and the ride"

Cons: "so many recall always some little thing wrong"

"love the way it handles and rides but nothing but trouble now around 80000 mile transmission went out 4000 to replace motor was replaced @ 80000 under warrenty not transmission out my pocket"

So far so good

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

"I've drove GM for years and have owned this for 5 months and for the most part well satisfied. I own 2012 LTZ AWD with 2.4 Liter. I admit being a bit leery when I read a few reviews complaining about the 4 cyl. My point is you don't buy a 4 cyl to drag race or for 0-60 performance, I wanted econonmy. I changed oil to synthetic and started burning a higher octane fuel (90 or above) and with conservative driving, I average 20-21 in all city miles. If crunch the numbers, you pay 10% more for a higher octane and increase mileage by 20% and the engine performs better without low end fuel "Knock". Great comfort and handling, AWD offers good traction for SD winters."

I rented a 2012 while BMW was in body shop

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "stylish, smooth ride, 22mpg, peppy for a 4"

Cons: "MyLink too far away to efficiently "touch" whl dri"

"My insurance company set me up with an Equinox for a few weeks and I'm having fun driving it around town. It's sporty looking, has a smooth ride, nice cloth seats with cool stitching, and a good radio. Now comparing it to my M3 is not fair to the Chevy, but as an SUV it's nice. Granted, I havent taken it on the highway yet but Im expecting a good ride. Here are the drawbacks: -key fob is a bit cheap and could be better - i like the stiletto key that pops out, but the buttons for locking and unlocking it are too small, are hard to see at night, and dont depress enough to let the user know you've pressed them. -The MyLink touch screen is too far away to reach and is not intuitive in function. You cant dial a phone number while driving which is one of those annoying safety features. The Germans don't try to take risk out of everything the driver does, so they found ways to go along with human nature rather than fighting it. On BMW's you have a dial mounted on the console, called I-Drive, that's within easy reach of your fingertips and you can select functions easily without having to reach, including finding Contacts, Nav, and dialing a number. Chevy should take a look at ergonomically engineering their cars with common sense in mind. Most of these drawbacks are not major and can be gotten used to over time. I might look at one if I need an SUV in the future."

By far the best car I've ever owned....

By on Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pros: "Everything......"

Cons: "Nothing........"

"There is nothing I don't like about my 2010 Equinox LT...I drove it to L.A. for a week and put 1259.7 miles on it of which about 420 miles were in and around the city of L.A....When I pulled into my carport at the end of my trip the overall mileage was 30.1......"