2014 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,568 - $24,199.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 435 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Needs more umph

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "cargo room"

Cons: "MPG, not enough power, at the repair shop alot."

"I take turns car pooling with co workers and with 4 adults and a few tools weighing around 150 lbs in the back the engine is really strained and underpowered and rarely gets over 22 hyway mpg. If I travel alone with nothing in the back I get 24-25 driving 65... I am very disapointed since I bought this brand with the 4cylinder becouse of the stated mpg, the v6 was alot more upfront cost and the dealer said the mpg was only in the low 20's hyway mpg with the v6 and the 4 was the better engine. It has spent alot of time at the dealer for electrical issues and left me and my co workers sitting along side the road twice. My 3 co workers that I pool with all have different brands and similar sized crossover's as mine and all perform much better and get the same mpg loaded with 4 adults and tools as mine gets with just me in it. I will be getting a different crossover very soon."

GM Bought it back w/1k offset!

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Fun Tech, Comfy ride, OnStar"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Engine & misc electrical Problems."

"Got the 2LT w/all the bells & whistles including the Navi, the car has been in the shop 8 times for warranty repairs. Usually it's the Navi that keeps trying to send me to Canada or it's just frozen which requires me to pull over, turn off the car & open the door to reset the system... Fun on a highway lol. Other times it's been the power liftgate intermittently working, the rear window making this horrible popping noise, the engine making some weird start up growl or the AC making the car sound like it's gonna explode. So yea, not impressed after turning in a honda CRV for this nightmare 32K later & it's going back to GM this week. I've learned a lot about cars in the last few year, I went American to help the economy & because the car had more options than the toyota & honda but this time around I'll stick with the long standing reliability and resale value of the Rav4 or the CRV even if I have to give up onstar or a power liftgate :("

I got a lemon

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"I think I got the lemon. I purchased a 2010 LTZ in December 2009. As of now (July 2010) it has been back to the dealer repair shop 5 times. My AUX ipod port never works and my power steering has gone out. Overall, I do like the car. If I hadn't visited the repair shop 5 times in the past 7 months I probably would have rated it 5 stars all the way. But now I'm just really irritated with it and wish I'd never gotten it."

Disappointing 2nd purchase

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Very attractive exterior and interior"

Cons: "Very noisy; bad gas mileage"

"Had a 2010 4cl Equinox. Liked it very much (except for the squeaking noise, which was eventually fixed with a new part). Recently bought a 2012 6cl Equinox. Noisy and poor gas mileage. Makes low, loud rumbling noise when it starts up, when it's idling, when it's being driven below 55 MPH. Thought it was the muffler. Had it to dealer; said they couldn't hear anything, but they rotated the tires anyway. Sometimes the noise gives me a headache. Think now that it's just road noise, which means vehicle is not well designed if the sound of your tires invades the car's interior! And don't get me started on the jet engine noise if you happen to roll down the back window. Chevy said it's the car's design. BAD DESIGN!"

mileage is a joke

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "olvr the car -not milrage right size, easy to"

Cons: "no sun roof"

"I only get 23 miles per gal on highway. HOw do they get by advertising 32"

I like the car but am getting terrible gas mileage

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "quiet, comfortable"

Cons: "no back window spray, poor mpg"

"I liked other cars better that were less expensive but chose the Equinox because they promised 28 - 32 mpg. I bought a 4cl. to get even better gas mpg but only get 22.3!! I am very disappointed."

Hate it ! MPG only 19

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Haven't found any"

Cons: "Poor air circulation, low MPG, cheap upgrades"

"There are so many problems I have found with the design of this car. I will never buy a first year model again nor will Chevy get my business again. They have been totally uncooperative or caring. There is very poor air circulation. Windows fog up badly. I've gotten frost on the inside. Poor underdoor panel. Mud can go up under door jam so when you open the door the mud is inside the car. I've not gotten over 19 mpg. I realize it is a 6 cylinder but it was supposed to be rated at 23. My daughters 2010 6 cyl Chevy Traverse gets much better mileage. I have the navigation system which never seems to work right. If you are looking for something it will give you the closest one in some other State. It doesn't work right unless you want to pay a monthly charge for XM radio and even that did not interface correctly for Traffic problems. Definitely not worth the money. The blue tooth drops calls and unless you are yelling everyone reports they can't hear you. Need I go on?????"

Disappointment

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

"I purchased this smaller, 4 cylinder SUV based on the gas mileage. CHEVROLET'S CLAIMS OF 32 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY ARE BOGUS! I've got 8800 miles on my Equinox and it averages 21 mpg. Most of my travel is highway miles. It is also a little sluggish at times. This will probably be the last Chevy that I buy."

Good Vehicle, but with Pitfalls

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "Good value when bought, but the value drops fast!"

Cons: "MPG not accurate, rear door not sealed well."

"My Equinox is a great vehicle driving wise, and the features are nice. Leg room is great too! The pitfall's are: MPG is not accurate! It's listed at 22 city and 32 highway. The best highway mileage I've gotten is 28 mpg, without the AC on, and on pretty level freeway travel. The city mileage is closer to accurate, unless using the AC, same with highway which is to be expected. Another problem, the rear end door seals DO NOT keep dust out worth a darn! Dust and dirt accumulate bigtime along the areas where the weather-stripping is. The ride is a bit rougher than I expected but the handling is excellent. Blind spots are a problem too."

equinox is awesome the value stinks looses val

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "very awesome to drive"

Cons: "doesnt retain its value ."

"very nice driving also very comfortable. i paid 25000 a year ago now its valued at 15000. imports retain more value longer"