• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,875 - $24,348.

10/7.3

7.7

Based on 368 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Love it!

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, gas mileage, price & handling!"

"I need a vehicle that is reliable with good gas mileage but is roomy enough to carry real estate signs & people plus be able to safely traverse dirt roads. My 2013 Equinox does it, does it well and looks good doing it! It also handles well in heavy city traffic and mountain driving...I have driven it in both places and it handles like a dream. If you're looking for a vehicle that can do it all, this is the one, plus it's affordable!"

no rear air and heat back needs to wider

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

"to be able to haul 4 sets of golf clubs"

Not what dealer told me

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Reason: Poor gas mileage

Pros: "Comforts, interior."

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Overall I was pleased with the comfort and quality of the Equinox. It drove and handled quite well. However, the mpg was "grossly" overrated, and the miles between fill ups was a joke. It also shifted awkwardly, lunging forward at time."

Glad I bought this car

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage. Plenty of room."

Cons: "More sound proofing, Better seat comfort."

"This was the first model year after it's nip and tuck. I was impressed with my 30 mpg on 2 trips to North Carolina from Delaware. The styling of the exterior and room in the cabin and way back is what originally sold me on this vehicle. The fit and finish on this vehicle, no problem. The sound system is as promised. Mechanically, a bit noisy but a great engine and trans. This car was the best of breed in that model year in a year of not so much to choose from. What needs improvement: This is a quiet car,but they should have used acoustic glass to cut out some of the road noise as well as more sound proofing. The door stop needs to be improved so the doors don't swing back at you in a wind or just when you open the door too hard. They really needed to step up their game on seat comfort. They were a tad behind other brands on creature comforts. Bottom line. A little overpriced, but what GM isn't. I am happy I bought this car. In fact, I may give it to my daughter and go buy my wife a new 2015. On balance, its a really good car that fit my needs. That is what really counts."

Awful gas mileage and reliability

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "comfortable and drives nicely"

Cons: "horrible mpg"

"We have a 2014 Chevy Equinox and are not happy. It has weird electronic glitches, at only 3000 miles, the battery has randomly died three times, and the fuel efficiency is not as advertised- we actually are getting more like 15 city/ 19 highway, and it's not us because our other car we get better than advertised mpg. The car has already been into the shop twice in 6 months. So much for getting a brand new car.... It is beautiful, spacious and comfortable. Just not reliable!"

great gas mileage 28 town 32 road

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "rides good for its size"

Cons: "back up view screen is a good feature"

"good car, wife love it. not to small not to big!!!"

Excellent car. Only needed minor repairs.

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, nice design in/out"

Cons: "Outside temp. isn't accurate"

"This has been an excellent car. Ordered it from the factory exactly as I wanted it. Has only been in the shop a couple of times for minor repairs in the 4 years I've had it. MPG isn't quite what is advertised, but good, none-the-less."

Good vehicle

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "See above"

"I just totaled my Equinox. Had to have the top cut off to get me out, I've been told the SUV protection, was one reason I wasn't hurt badly. My son tells me this is the vehicle, I should buy when I replace."

Nice car, good value

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, rides nice"

Cons: "Minor blind spots, interior plastic not the best"

"This has been a really good vehicle for me. Looks good, reliable, comfortable, lots of room, decent gas mileage. I get 24-25 mpg in the city and 29-30 on the highway. You'll never get the 32 mpg unless you set the cruise for 65 mph. I kind of laughed when I read some other reviews though. People complaining about the acceleration (it's a 3700lb SUV with a 4 cylinder engine, what did you expect) and gas mileage (again, 3700lb SUV). I've noticed that eco mode only changes the shift points (will shift into OD at 40 mph in eco, 45 mph normally) but that's only if you are accelerating slowly. Step on it and the shift points are basically the same. Overall I'm very pleased with my Equinox."

Excellent versatility, and great gas mileage.

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage, lots of room for people and stuf"

"Buying the car was a hassle, but that's off-topic. The Equinox itself has been a great car, except for one major flaw. There are several bulletins out for a knocking sound in the engine and random swings in rpm/stalling. I experienced all of this. Luckily, the powertrain warranty is 100,000 miles. Once I found a good reputable dealer, they fixed everything under warranty and now she feels brand new! Overall, the capacity is great, driving is fun, and there's almost too much leg room. Does well in the snow too. The stabilitrack can be tricky, but I know it's probably saved my life."

Great Crossover

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Front view of Equinox

"This is a great crossover. It handles great and has enough cargo room for a lot of groceries. It came with the child car seat latch system in place to help keep the car seat secure. I love my crossover."

Front view of Equinox

had better

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

"gas mileage statement is not true"

Chevey is best!!!

By on Sunday, June 15, 2014

Pros: "Spouse walked away from a very serious collision."

Cons: "Too many warranty repairs for first 2-3 years....."

"Spouse walked away from very serious front drivers side collision with only minor muscle strains and airbag abraisions. Other car was a 4 door Honda and it was totaled. Equinox is probably totalled too but it didn't look nearly as bad. Thanks Chevy, while we had a lot of problems with this vehicle originally(all fixed under warranty repair) I still trust the Chevy Frames and bodys to protect my family."

For purchase price, not much bang for the buck.

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Reason: Road noise / Comfortability

Pros: "Decent mileage @ around 32MPG"

Cons: "Definitely not a touring vehicle."

"For the price of this vehicle, I wish I had bought a Buick, the driver is unable to carry on a conversation using Bluetooth,there is so much cabin noise inside the parties are unable to hear the conversation without turning the volume up. Long trips are also uncomfortable due to the seat dynamics."

Not My Blazer - but o.k. as a substitute.

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Roominess"

Cons: "Turning radius, Seats"

"After driving Chevy Blazer's for a few decades, I was hoping the Equinox would be a better substitute. I love the Equinox's improved gas mileage but not the handling. The turning radius is slightly increased and my body fatigues sooner on long drives. Granted I'm older now but I could get in my Blazer and drive for 5 hours and get out feeling fresh. The seats are like buckets that you have to climb out of and I forsee having to replace the seat due to the extra wear. The adjustments for the driver's seat are a little bit funky, moving on an axis as well as forward/back, up/down. The Equinox is a bit more roomy in the front and back seats and my passengers love that. This is an excellent car pool vehicle due to the roominess and gas mileage. I can beat the Eco mode for gas mileage!"

love it!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "good in-between size. nice looking."

"Miss having a truck but I love this car and the groceries don't get wet. Lots of leg room in the back. Plenty of room to haul feed and such."

i'm giving this vehicle a total of (6) six

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "comfort, quiet, hand free, USB, great sound system"

Cons: "no torque, engine a failure."

"this is the most unsatisfying vehicle I've ever driven; the most annoying thing is when i'm trying to change lane or passing another vehicle,if my speed is at 55 mph, try to speed up to reach 65, it seats there and watch the speedometer goes down to 47 mph, while the engine is roar. I have to let it go; and try speeding up again, by then cars behind me start honking. I like the Style, comfort,and the sound system. driving on highway is smooth as long as I don't have to change lane. driving in the city, that's a whole different story; it's all depend how many street lights/ stops i'll have to go through, it may not move forward if there's let's say: "7 or 9'" stops within a 20 minutes drive.Moving forward after a stop; it's like lifting your foot too quick on the clutch of a standard stick shift. only on the Equinox the Engine still running, it's not stalled, but it's not moving forward either, i'll have to try again. This is a new 2014, the dealer drove it to my house total Mileage at the time 57 miles, now it has not reach 8,000 yet I drive a new car every 5 Years, I'm very disappointed with this 2014 Equinox. Sorry GM; this is really SAD,"

Best choice I could have made for my needs

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "price is relative to needs, ease and comfort"

Cons: "not found any for me, but family says no guts"

"I went to the dealer and told him I did not care what he showed me as long as it was easy to enter and exit. I "tried on" many different models, but when I tried this Equinox it was a PERFECT fit. Not too high....not too low, which is very important for us boomers"

Very impressed!

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Size, heated cloth seats, mileage, legroom in back"

Cons: "Brakes stop well but shudder sometimes."

"I was more than surprised at how nice this suv is, and how nicely equipped it is with the 2LT package, plus a sunroof. I'd never driven one before and I was impressed with the passing power of the 4 cylinder. I wouldn't need the 6 and prefer the better gas mileage. It's really a looker in white, and the black interior with the red stitching is very sporty and the seats are VERY comfortable. The heated seats heat up almost instantly, and the Pioneer stereo rocks. Chevy hit a home run with this one, you see them everywhere! We're very happy with our purchase!"

Almost 30,000 trouble-free miles

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

"It has been a great car. Overall mpg is 22.5 with about 27 on the expressway. The Michigan winter was no problem for the Equinox."

I love my Equinox except for 2 details...

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "great value, drives smooth, reliable"

Cons: "no rear seat air vents and auxiliary location"

"I bought my Equinox new in 2011. First time to buy a new car. I have been very pleased with my car over the last 3 years. It just recently hit the 100k mileage mark and is still running great. My only complaint about the design of the car is that there are no back seat air vents. When ever we have traveled during the hot months, the back seat riders roast while the front seat riders freeze. If the newer models install the back seat air vents then I would buy another one in a heart beat but until that happens, I would not buy another. My 2nd complaint it the location of the auxiliary plug. It is located INSIDE the storage unit between the front seats at the very bottom. It is not a convenient location at all if you plan to use it frequently. Other than those 2 items, I have been very pleased with it, how it drives and the mileage I get."

This is the second Equinox I have owned

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "Ride, Handling, acceleration and looks"

Cons: "It would be nice if it made the window sticker MPG"

"I love how it rides. Very quiet, smooth down the road. It has great acceleration. The seats are very comfortable. I like the styling and looks. The sliding rear seat is convenient when hauling cargo. The only issue I have had is the backup camera is having to be replaced. This is a nice feature. I enjoy driving my 2011 Equinox."

Great Value!

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Great price. Well equipped. Easy to drive."

Cons: "Needs bigger vents."

"Versatile. Not too big. Great on gas - I average 25mpg+, measured at fillup; I've seen better than 35mpg on straight highway runs (I4, FWD, 65mph or less). Zero defects/issues. Tough to see out the back - get the model with backup camera. Very quiet inside. Huge legroom all around. Decent base stereo. Useful Bluetooth and IPod connectivity."

Best vehicle I ever owned. Lost my job, must sell

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Looks very classey with black metalic/chrome"

Cons: "I love everything about my car."

"I do not want to sell my car...but I must. I love everything about it, especially the style and look. It is black metallic with all the extra chrome. The seats are black with brown. My favorite. I never have had any problems with it at all. It drives wonderful and is the most comfortable car I ever have had. I will miss it very much."

Love this car!!!

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

"I own a 2013 Equinox LE. I love this car!I wanted to downsize from my full size "basic" suv I had for 10 years because my kids were growing older and was sick of the stress of driving such a huge "bus" like full size suv. This car gave me everything I was looking for....leather, touch screen dash, all the new tech options, rear view camera,great gas mileage.... and stil roomy.... All for $20,000!! Have owned it for a year now and have had no problems what so ever!I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking.....I couldnt find one single alternative that could give me everything I wanted at my $20,000 budget.Its a perfect mid size suv for someone who wants value, options, and reliabilty....Thanks Chevy!! The only compaint I would give is that they do not offer rear airconditioning......that would of been the cherry on top!"

See if you qualify for