2014 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,504 - $24,065.

10/7.3

7.7

Based on 396 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

I love my Equinox except for 2 details...

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "great value, drives smooth, reliable"

Cons: "no rear seat air vents and auxiliary location"

"I bought my Equinox new in 2011. First time to buy a new car. I have been very pleased with my car over the last 3 years. It just recently hit the 100k mileage mark and is still running great. My only complaint about the design of the car is that there are no back seat air vents. When ever we have traveled during the hot months, the back seat riders roast while the front seat riders freeze. If the newer models install the back seat air vents then I would buy another one in a heart beat but until that happens, I would not buy another. My 2nd complaint it the location of the auxiliary plug. It is located INSIDE the storage unit between the front seats at the very bottom. It is not a convenient location at all if you plan to use it frequently. Other than those 2 items, I have been very pleased with it, how it drives and the mileage I get."

dont go with the 4cyl

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

"i recently bought this vehicle because i had bad luck with a ford escape 4cyl. because of recent gas prices i decided to stay with another 4cyl what a mistake underpowerd shifts weird with the 6 speed tranny and there was a recall already and my car has ruff start ups also the light in the center counsole is very annoying to passengers in the front seat at night it will practically blind you other then that the suv isnt too bad but if i was to go back i woulda bought the 6cyl."

Decent but not exciting

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Value, good in snow, solid build quality, big!"

Cons: "Cheap matte finish wore off in a month. MPGs, 4cyl"

"4 cylinder is not powerful enough for hills. The car struggling to find the right gear on hills is rather annoying and would have liked the 6 cylinder instead. Fuel economy for the AWD isn't as great as a Subaru...I get 20-21 combined on average with mainly 70mph driving. My subaru was always in the mid to upper 20s. Nice interior but the quality could be a bit better. The matte coating on the steering wheel controls wore off in a months time leaving a cheap shiny plastic underneath. The best cloth seats I've ever seen! Other than these complaints, I would recommend this vehicle. Great price, size and practicality."

Glad I bought this car

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage. Plenty of room."

Cons: "More sound proofing, Better seat comfort."

"This was the first model year after it's nip and tuck. I was impressed with my 30 mpg on 2 trips to North Carolina from Delaware. The styling of the exterior and room in the cabin and way back is what originally sold me on this vehicle. The fit and finish on this vehicle, no problem. The sound system is as promised. Mechanically, a bit noisy but a great engine and trans. This car was the best of breed in that model year in a year of not so much to choose from. What needs improvement: This is a quiet car,but they should have used acoustic glass to cut out some of the road noise as well as more sound proofing. The door stop needs to be improved so the doors don't swing back at you in a wind or just when you open the door too hard. They really needed to step up their game on seat comfort. They were a tad behind other brands on creature comforts. Bottom line. A little overpriced, but what GM isn't. I am happy I bought this car. In fact, I may give it to my daughter and go buy my wife a new 2015. On balance, its a really good car that fit my needs. That is what really counts."

Best choice I could have made for my needs

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "price is relative to needs, ease and comfort"

Cons: "not found any for me, but family says no guts"

"I went to the dealer and told him I did not care what he showed me as long as it was easy to enter and exit. I "tried on" many different models, but when I tried this Equinox it was a PERFECT fit. Not too high....not too low, which is very important for us boomers"