2014 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,738 - $24,247.

10/7.3

7.7

Based on 391 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

equinox is awesome the value stinks looses val

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "very awesome to drive"

Cons: "doesnt retain its value ."

"very nice driving also very comfortable. i paid 25000 a year ago now its valued at 15000. imports retain more value longer"

I love my Equinox except for 2 details...

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "great value, drives smooth, reliable"

Cons: "no rear seat air vents and auxiliary location"

"I bought my Equinox new in 2011. First time to buy a new car. I have been very pleased with my car over the last 3 years. It just recently hit the 100k mileage mark and is still running great. My only complaint about the design of the car is that there are no back seat air vents. When ever we have traveled during the hot months, the back seat riders roast while the front seat riders freeze. If the newer models install the back seat air vents then I would buy another one in a heart beat but until that happens, I would not buy another. My 2nd complaint it the location of the auxiliary plug. It is located INSIDE the storage unit between the front seats at the very bottom. It is not a convenient location at all if you plan to use it frequently. Other than those 2 items, I have been very pleased with it, how it drives and the mileage I get."

dont go with the 4cyl

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

"i recently bought this vehicle because i had bad luck with a ford escape 4cyl. because of recent gas prices i decided to stay with another 4cyl what a mistake underpowerd shifts weird with the 6 speed tranny and there was a recall already and my car has ruff start ups also the light in the center counsole is very annoying to passengers in the front seat at night it will practically blind you other then that the suv isnt too bad but if i was to go back i woulda bought the 6cyl."

This vehicle is worth every penny.

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Great ride. Great fuel economy for its size."

Cons: "Rear seat not quite flat when folded for cargo."

"I purchased 2012 LS model two years ago. I find it roomy and comfortable. I liked it so much that I bought the GMC version (2013 Terrain) for my wife - hers is loaded with all the options. I put 73,000 miles on my Equinox in two years. Tires at 65,000 miles. Oil changes every 7000 and it still runs like the day it was delivered to me. I have found that 28mpg is what I get with no A/C on the highway or city. I get 27mpg with A/C. So you won't get 32mpg on the highway but you get much better than the rated city mpg. I have just ordered the 2014 LS model as my company supplies my vehicle and refreshes every two years. I get to choose from a few vehicles and will gladly own another Equinox. It appears that not much has changed (dimensions look identical) other than addition of a usb port (LS) - but that is "fine by me"."

Decent but not exciting

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Value, good in snow, solid build quality, big!"

Cons: "Cheap matte finish wore off in a month. MPGs, 4cyl"

"4 cylinder is not powerful enough for hills. The car struggling to find the right gear on hills is rather annoying and would have liked the 6 cylinder instead. Fuel economy for the AWD isn't as great as a Subaru...I get 20-21 combined on average with mainly 70mph driving. My subaru was always in the mid to upper 20s. Nice interior but the quality could be a bit better. The matte coating on the steering wheel controls wore off in a months time leaving a cheap shiny plastic underneath. The best cloth seats I've ever seen! Other than these complaints, I would recommend this vehicle. Great price, size and practicality."