2012 Chevrolet Equinox

7.8

Based on 409 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Pretty well love everything about it."

Cons: "The dash material is hard to get lint off of."

"This is the third Equinox we have owned. All were purchased new from a dealer. We had a "09, '11, and now a 2012. We loved them all. I was hesitant about buying this 2012, because of the engine. It's a 4 cylinder. I was SO wrong. It has plenty of power!!!!!! I average between 25-30 mpg and driving it takes zero effort. Cannot go wrong purchasing this vehicle."

Great Vehicle!

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "Well built, reliable, comfortable, quiet, good loo"

Cons: "Old foot-styled parking brake."

"After 43,000 flawless miles I am quite impressed with this vehicle. I am now in the middle of my 4th Ohio winter with this car and it handles very well in the ice and snow, even without AWD. The ride is quiet and comfortable and it doesn't have a rattle or squeak. It is what I would call an "honest" vehicle. Good looking, comfortable, reasonable V6 power and efficiency and rock-solid dependability."

very uncomfortable

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

"it is a good car except for the fact that it is very uncomfortable. on long rides my wife and I both have back and neck aches"

Verry good condition. We are retired. Low millage

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "Good looking and in very good condition"

Cons: "very small dent in rear door. no damage to paint"

"Vehicle has been good to us. A deer hit us two years ago but I was not injured because this vehicle is very safe. All repairs were done and no problems"

Comfortable and Reliable Crossover

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

"Overall, I'm very happy with the vehicle. I bought it because of the adjustable rear seat, which allows me to add leg room for passengers or cargo space if I need to move anything. I splurged a bit on some upgrades and have not been disappointed! I love the backup camera and the remote start/heated seats rock in the winter.. I purchased an AWD because of unpredictable weather and my frequent trips into the mountains. It's come in useful on many occasions, but eats into the fuel economy. It would be nice to be able to switch to 2WD for my daily commute and improve the MPG. I purchased some WeatherTech floor liners, so my family car is super easy to clean up. I was a bit disappointed at the amount of cheap plastic accessories in the vehicle, especially at that price point. Also, Chevy seems to be a bit behind the power curve when it comes to their computerized systems and pairing of devices/features. I can make calls with the Bluetooth, but had to purchase a cable to project any other sound/navigation from my phone (since I didn't spring for On-Star's Navigation package). I definitely recommend this vehicle.. even talked my best friend into getting one of her own (now we match!!)"

I like this car goes great in winter conditions

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

Pros: "drives good in snow"

Cons: "dont buy one"

"I bought this car with 19,000 miles, it has many recall/service notices. I bought this so I could have peace of mind and the last GM car I had I put 150,000 miles on it and loved it. This car needed major work on the engine @ 42,000 and has always used oil. Now they admit there are engine oil issues but won't fix mine because it didn't use enough oil what a joke this car burns a quart of oil in 2000 miles and has since we got it. We have always bought GM vehicles that is over!!!! Now I have to hope to get some value out of it to buy something else. I'm done also no way to check tranny fluid or change it great feature NOT."

very comfortable

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

"We enjoy this vehicle very much. We are averaging about 28-30 mpgs. My only complaint is that there is not a whole lot of get up and go, so to speak."

Good but not Great

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"Positives - nice ride, quiet, smoother on highway than other compact SUV's. Styling is nice although getting a bit dated 5 years after debut. Most back seat room in class. After 61K miles, it has held up pretty well - no major flaws and only one trip to the shop for a recall on the camshaft position sensor. Negatives - a bit heavy for the 4 cyl - its a dog if you need to pass and you are already going at highway speed. Raspy when you make the 4 cyl work. The HVAC was not well thought out. Gas mileage on the highway was never close to the advertised 29 MPG for an AWD. Best I could achieve with no A/C and a steady 60 on a flat road was 27.2"

This car has been dependable and safe.

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "handles pretty well, good fuel economy"

Cons: "not too much to complain about yet!"

"I am pleased with this vehicle. Nothing special, but it has been very dependable and safe. I would consider purchasing Chevrolet products in the future."

nice vehicle with inadequate engine

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "comfortable ride and good sound ststem"

Cons: "lags enough engine power"

"liked everything about this car but the 4 cylinder engine. Not enough power to get up and go when needed. Struggled on steep hills. Compressor went out on air conditioner at about 55k miles. Now have noise when air conditioning is on."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals