2011 Chevrolet Equinox

7.9

Based on 500 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

not good

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "comfort, saftey"

Cons: "bad quality"

"we bought this car brand new, two months later it had a recall on seat belts. then within the first year of owning this car, it has been in the shop three times for the serpentine belt, air conditioning fan and water pump. now its back in the shop because the air/heat stopped working and it is cutting off when going from reverse to drive. it has been slipping gears while driving since we bought it and chevy dealer cannot find the reason. over all I would NOT recommend this vehicle!"

love the car but tired of the repairs

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "a sharp looking car with a nice ride"

Cons: "Too many issues this early"

"I really like the looks and ride of the car but as the old saying go's "looks are only skin deep" The gas milage is "ok" for an awd of this size but the hyw mpg has been well below the 29 that it was advertised to get and I do mostly hwy driving, 23-24 is what I have learned to live with as long as there is not much wind, if you drive in any wind thats not a tail wind its in the upper teens and the tranny is constantly shifting up and down but latley it is more of a slamming up and down so now I wonder how long till that go's. The engine still seems to have the same power it always had but it sounds like it had a tough long life and I have always done 3500 mile oil changes at the dealer and when I ask them about it they cant hear anything thats not normal. I like the car enough that I'm "tempted" to try another one but I feel like I shouldnt have to be replacing a car this soon and I need a dependable car for my job and this aint it so I will be looking at something similar but a different brand and hope things turn out better ."

At 10,000 miles and still impressed with quality

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Great quality, excellent performance & comfort"

Cons: "None. The car has been flawless for 10,000 miles"

"I own a 2013 LTZ with the V6 engine. I have driven the car for 10,000 miles and only been back to the dealer for a free oil change. The car is attractive, fast, very quiet, very comfortable, handles great and has superb brakes. The leather seats are really nice and the interior has nice quality materials everywhere. This car does exactly what Chevrolet advertrises. I just returned from a trip and got 27 MPG while driving 89 MPH. I have gotten 32.4 MPG when driving slower. The new 301 horsepower V6 in the 2013 is a big improvement over the lower powered 3.o in earlier years. This car has the same powertrain as the small Cadillac SUV. I have read some other reviews that complained about the car. I notied most of them were for earlier models. I can attest to the quality and reliabilty of the 2013 model. I am very impressed with the quality and how plesant this car is to drive.I definately recommend it to anyone who wants a quality mid-size SUV that has good performance, good fuel economy and is very comfortable and quiet. A really nice car!"

Big problems

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Son loved it...before the transmission disaster"

Cons: "No warning...no lights...nothing. Then BAM."

"Bought the car new...4,000 miles. transmission fell out of it yesterday. Had to have it towed. All wheel drive version. Left my son stranded. Not good experience. Will wait and see how GM handles this one."

I like the car but am getting terrible gas mileage

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "quiet, comfortable"

Cons: "no back window spray, poor mpg"

"I liked other cars better that were less expensive but chose the Equinox because they promised 28 - 32 mpg. I bought a 4cl. to get even better gas mpg but only get 22.3!! I am very disappointed."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals