• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2011 Chevrolet Equinox

7.7

Based on 378 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Love it!

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, gas mileage, price & handling!"

"I need a vehicle that is reliable with good gas mileage but is roomy enough to carry real estate signs & people plus be able to safely traverse dirt roads. My 2013 Equinox does it, does it well and looks good doing it! It also handles well in heavy city traffic and mountain driving...I have driven it in both places and it handles like a dream. If you're looking for a vehicle that can do it all, this is the one, plus it's affordable!"

no rear air and heat back needs to wider

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

"to be able to haul 4 sets of golf clubs"

Not what dealer told me

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Reason: Poor gas mileage

Pros: "Comforts, interior."

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Overall I was pleased with the comfort and quality of the Equinox. It drove and handled quite well. However, the mpg was "grossly" overrated, and the miles between fill ups was a joke. It also shifted awkwardly, lunging forward at time."

Glad I bought this car

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage. Plenty of room."

Cons: "More sound proofing, Better seat comfort."

"This was the first model year after it's nip and tuck. I was impressed with my 30 mpg on 2 trips to North Carolina from Delaware. The styling of the exterior and room in the cabin and way back is what originally sold me on this vehicle. The fit and finish on this vehicle, no problem. The sound system is as promised. Mechanically, a bit noisy but a great engine and trans. This car was the best of breed in that model year in a year of not so much to choose from. What needs improvement: This is a quiet car,but they should have used acoustic glass to cut out some of the road noise as well as more sound proofing. The door stop needs to be improved so the doors don't swing back at you in a wind or just when you open the door too hard. They really needed to step up their game on seat comfort. They were a tad behind other brands on creature comforts. Bottom line. A little overpriced, but what GM isn't. I am happy I bought this car. In fact, I may give it to my daughter and go buy my wife a new 2015. On balance, its a really good car that fit my needs. That is what really counts."

Awful gas mileage and reliability

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "comfortable and drives nicely"

Cons: "horrible mpg"

"We have a 2014 Chevy Equinox and are not happy. It has weird electronic glitches, at only 3000 miles, the battery has randomly died three times, and the fuel efficiency is not as advertised- we actually are getting more like 15 city/ 19 highway, and it's not us because our other car we get better than advertised mpg. The car has already been into the shop twice in 6 months. So much for getting a brand new car.... It is beautiful, spacious and comfortable. Just not reliable!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals