2010 Chevrolet Equinox

7.9

Based on 503 Ratings for the 2010 - 2017 models.

A very nice SUV.

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

"It's a great car for our use. Drives well. Heater and AC work very well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I'm a little disappointed with the gas mileage though. It's not much better than my 2005 Uplander mileage. And that was a V6."

just ok, but tired of problems

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "good price and styling, awd great in snow"

Cons: "not reliable and sturdy"

"i bought this car brand new in feb. 2011. it started off nice, a little concerned about mpg. i usually always average 24mpg so not too bad. well now one year later i am so scared that vehicle is not going to last 5 years. it rattles bad all over, it has been in the shop 3 or 4 times, once because the engine light came on, the cause, engine misfiring! the transmission slips then slams into gear. i have told the dealer about this and their reply is "ya that six speed trans can make it feel a little funny". seriously! i'm 36 and have driven all types if vehicles, i'm pretty sure i can tell that this transmission is not right. steering wheel was sticking so they put in a new rack. i guess they thought it ok to give it back with the steering wheel cocked to the left. hmm! now steering is clicking. not too happy at this point. i love the looks and dont want to have to give it up but enough already. fix the problems GM. also on start up the engine sounds as though its going to fall out with all the clanking. but in 2 seconds sound is gone. idk."

Fuel economy is not as advertised

By on Monday, October 10, 2011

Pros: "handles well, comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "rough changing of gears (transmission)"

"We really like this vehicle's looks, handling and comfort, but we bought it because it was advertised to get 32 mpg on the highway. Unfortunately ours only gets around 23.8 on the highway when we drove it cross country. We now have nearly 8,000 miles on the car and the mileage has not improved. In town our gas mileage averages around 19 mpg. We have taken it back to the dealership twice complaining about the lack of gas economy with no action taken. We even wrote a complaint to GM. We received a call back with the only satisfaction of having them report our discontent with the engineering department."

At 10,000 miles and still impressed with quality

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Great quality, excellent performance & comfort"

Cons: "None. The car has been flawless for 10,000 miles"

"I own a 2013 LTZ with the V6 engine. I have driven the car for 10,000 miles and only been back to the dealer for a free oil change. The car is attractive, fast, very quiet, very comfortable, handles great and has superb brakes. The leather seats are really nice and the interior has nice quality materials everywhere. This car does exactly what Chevrolet advertrises. I just returned from a trip and got 27 MPG while driving 89 MPH. I have gotten 32.4 MPG when driving slower. The new 301 horsepower V6 in the 2013 is a big improvement over the lower powered 3.o in earlier years. This car has the same powertrain as the small Cadillac SUV. I have read some other reviews that complained about the car. I notied most of them were for earlier models. I can attest to the quality and reliabilty of the 2013 model. I am very impressed with the quality and how plesant this car is to drive.I definately recommend it to anyone who wants a quality mid-size SUV that has good performance, good fuel economy and is very comfortable and quiet. A really nice car!"

disappointment

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"I bought a 2010 Equinox 2LT 4cyl 2wd. 1. The fold flat front seat is no longer available making the load length considerably shorter. I feel this was a dumb move for a utility vehicle. 2. I have been driving with a light foot and I have only managed 23.7 mpg. I am in eco mode and 80% of my driving is on a 4 lane with the cruise on 60 mph. I hope this improves after I have a few thousand miles on the engine."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals