2009 Chevrolet Equinox

7.3

Based on 803 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.5/10

My Vehicle Saved My Life!

By on Monday, September 17, 2007

"I was in a head on car accident with my Equinox in October 2006. My Equinox was totaled but my child and myself walked away with only bumps and bruises!! One fault with the vehicle - when the system goes down all the locks stay locked and you are not able to open the back door from the inside. Because of the damage to the front of the vehicle I had to kick the back door open while outsiders pulled!"

Better than I expected!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"When I bought the Equinox, I was in the market for a full size car. I just got it because of the price and the head room. It has ended up being the best car!! My favorite feature is being able to slide the rear seat forward and back. Its perfect for kids, and even comfortable for adults in the back seat. There is more leg room in my back seat than my friend's Tahoe. The gas mileage is good, I can park it anywhere, and there's tons of room for all of mine and my kids' junk!"

Good Solid SUV

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "Good Price, Just the right size, looks good"

Cons: "Only 23mpg hwy"

"2006 Equinox with 145000miles, mostly highway. Have had little to no problems expect for normal maintenance like brakes, battery and tires.Engine still runs good and trans shifts smoothly. My 1996 Chevy S-10 has 217,000 and has been completely reliable. You can buy 2 American vehicles for the price of one import."

Much Better Than Expected

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

"As a loyal GM owner, I chose the '08 Equinox 2LT AWD to replace the S10 extended cab I had been driving for 6+ years. I was looking for something more versatile, yet also more fuel efficient. I do not do much local driving but frequently drive across New York state or south to Ohio and wanted something comfortable for both my fiancee and I, as well something that would handle well in the upstate NY winter weather. We also wanted a vehicle that could hold another couple that we wanted to bring along. I have owned this vehicle for almost 11 months, putting on 9,900 miles and LOVE IT! In the good weather, I have gotten 27mpg hwy/ 20.5 city. It is outstanding to take roadtrips in... especially with the heated leather seats. The back seat has plenty of room for 3 people and seats 2 full-size adults comfortably. Since winter began, mileage has obviously dropped, but the AWD is as good or better than 4WD in my opinion. During our first snowstorm of the year in Buffalo I was afraid of being stuck when we tried to drive downtown to the Sabres game in a fresh foot of unplowed snow. The Equinox didn't slip once and I was able to keep on driving past stuck 2WD cars. The only downside to the AWD is that the car gets only 14-15mpg in long periods of heavy snow- since the computer senses when to use the AWD. Otherwise- I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone- VERY underrated!"

Great little SUV

By on Saturday, June 21, 2008

"I have had my 08 Equinox for 4 months. I did have a Saturn Ion, but needed something bigger for my son and myself and out of all of the SUVs and midsize cars I looked at, this had the most room in the back seat so my son could sit back there and have plenty of leg room, all the others his knees would hit the back of the front seat with it all the way back. Gas mileage I can not complain, yes we all want more, but I took mine to Tennessee and averaged 27 mpg only about 6-7 miles less then my Ion (which was plastic, 4 cyl, and front wheel drive as where the equinox is metal, 6 cyl, and AWD). So far I love this vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals