2009 Chevrolet Equinox

7.3

Based on 803 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.5/10

2005 Equinox LT AWD Review

By on Thursday, January 29, 2009

"I was a little skeptical about this vehicle when I first bought it. However, I it has grown on me since. As for the equinox's pros, this CUV has style which can't be said for many of its competitors. The laser blue metallic paint is stunning. I have received many compliments on how great looking of a vehicle is. I really fell in love my equinox after it snowed constantly for about a week straight not that long ago. The equinox fells like it was was built for the snow. It will plow its way though 12 inches of snow without any problems. It climbs hills like a goat even in the snow. The 3.4 liter V6 has plenty of power and while quiet under normal operation it sounds powerful when awaken. It's acceleration at about 3/4 throttle will throw you to the back your seat. It has enough interior room and the back seat slides backward giving plenty leg room for even a 6ft 6 friend. It gives a smooth and comfortable ride and the trans gives smooth almost noticeable shifts. The table in the back is also a nice feature. As far as handling is considered the turning radius could be a little better and the steering is a little hard to get use to at first however after a little while I began to like it. It fells very nimble however, especially for as large as it is. The gas mileage is okay and just okay it can vary by several miles per gallon. It as got 26 mpg on trips however, in the city it usually gets about 17 mpg. Surprisingly it gets better mileage using name brand gas instead of cheap no name gas. The gas gauge is deceiving is only reads about 12 gallons which is kinda weird since it has a 17 gallon tank. The seat fabric with the pattern on it seems to stain easily however, the other fabrics in the equinox are very easy to clean. So would say the interior plastics are a bit cheap but durable which is all I really care about. Overall I am happy with my equinox. I look forward to having it for at least 7 or 8 years."

has been very reliable so far

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Chevy should have used better quality fabric inside and made the radio more friendly and better paint on dash controls. But has been reliable."

No problems, No worries!

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "DIY maintenance, very sturdy"

Cons: "comfort during very long trips."

"I have owned a 2005 Chevy Equinox LS since I bought it brand new in May of 2005. I honestly have had no worries since I have owned the vehicle. The only thing I have replaced on the vehicle has been the thermostat. Other than the typical replacements, tires, brakes, oil, etc. I have been extremely happy! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone, as long and the daily maintenance has been kept up with."

Great do it all vehicle.

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Power, handling, utility use."

Cons: "Cup holders, some road noise"

"We love our 2009 Sport equinox. Great in snow. I tow a 3300. Lbs. boat with it all the time. Lots of power with the 3.6 engine and 6 speed tranny. 4 wheel disc brakes and 5 star crash rating. Great sound system, xm radio, blu tooth. Lots of room and easy to get in and out of. Drives very good and is fun. Never been to the shop and we have owned it for four years. Ours has heated seats. You can fold the back seat and the passenger seat for carrying large objects. We have a nice luggage rack on top as well. The cup holders are weak. We get 17-19 mpg in town and 22-24 mpg on the highway."

Great ride, very reliable.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Overall design, can handle larger size people."

Cons: "Changing head-lamp is a pain."

"Being a taller person finding a ride with good head-room is hard to do. This vehicle has it all, lots of great features, very reliable, milage isn't great - but what can you do. Handles great in winter and can haul just about anything. This vehicle is very comfortable, combination bus, truck & SUV. Nicest feature about this is it's slim. You can fit into any normal parking spot very easily."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals