2008 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 810 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.5/10

Great little SUV

By on Saturday, June 21, 2008

"I have had my 08 Equinox for 4 months. I did have a Saturn Ion, but needed something bigger for my son and myself and out of all of the SUVs and midsize cars I looked at, this had the most room in the back seat so my son could sit back there and have plenty of leg room, all the others his knees would hit the back of the front seat with it all the way back. Gas mileage I can not complain, yes we all want more, but I took mine to Tennessee and averaged 27 mpg only about 6-7 miles less then my Ion (which was plastic, 4 cyl, and front wheel drive as where the equinox is metal, 6 cyl, and AWD). So far I love this vehicle."

needs improving

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I was attracted to this vehicle because it was a small SUV and better on gas than the larger ones. Overall I like the car but, have some complaints... 1. Terrible blind spots from the front windshield left and right. The frame a of the window can easily block the view of a motorcyle and even oncoming cars. 2. Car does not always crank on first try. 3. Paint on interior door handles, knobs on radio, power window controls is chipping off."

Medocrity at best.

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I leased my AWD Equinox in 2005 and have been only marginally fond of it after enjoying the gas mileage of my Honda Civic before. This being my first SUV, I appreciated the AWD off the bat but have found several other features annoying about it: poor rear visibility, stuttering at times when starting the ignition, CD player randomly aborts and ejects disc, poor gas mileage (such is life for an SUV, though). The most frustrating thing, though, is the low quality of the interior fixtures. I accidently spilled water on the front seat, and it left a stain! Also, the paint around the radio, heat / A/C controls is flaking off. The door handles are losing their paint, too. Cheap substitutes for what looks like good quality at first. I wouldn't recommend this vehicle of you're looking for the traditional features of an SUV."

I've loved this car ever since I bought it.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Great handling--love it."

Cons: "Blind spots."

"I have recommended this car to a lot of people. The only thing I had a problem with is that I am short and need two cushions to be able to see out the window. The seat does not adjust high enough. Also there are 2 blind spots for me. I have to be very careful backing up and making turns--(both left and right). Other than that, I love the car and am thinking of getting a new one."

Love it! Our 2nd EQ. Great value/reliability.

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Our car is comfortable, handles well, gets fair gas mileage (24mpg). The only negative is excessive road noise on certain types of highway toppings."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals