• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2008 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 784 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.5/10

Absolutely Love My Equinox...

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Great family SUV, rides good and looks great."

"I bought my 2006 Chevy Equinox in 2007. It had about 27,000 miles on it. I bought it from a local chevy dealer and it was certified pre own. It has leather, sun roof and all the extras. I was worried when I first looked at it because I had heard some ok and even bad reviews. But since the second I bought it I absolutely love it.. At about 40,000 miles I did have a wheel barren to go out probably from me hitting something. Then since about 75,000 miles the check engine light has been on some, but it hasn't caused any problems. Then when it hit 100,000 miles a fan on the motor went out but it was only a couple of hundred to fix and it still ran. Overall I love my Equinox. My hubby wants me to trade to get something newer but I am keeping it. It rides great and looks good. It is a good family car with a lot of room and pretty good on gas too. Oh yeah I love love my equinox. Great SUV..."

Love my car!

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"I purchased my Equinox when I sent my Suburban off to college with one of my children. I thought I was buying an economical yet functional little car - little did I know I was buying my favorite car yet. There is room in the back seat for my boys (the shortest is 6' 2"), it easily carries my parents' wheelchairs without folding down the back seats and it does all this while getting more that 18 mpg city. This is a great mpg because it seems that I often spent more time waiting at stoplights than I do rolling. There are three things I do not like about my car. There is considerable wind noise at highway speeds, there are no rear-seat air vents and when the front seats are moved all the way back the exposed rails are sharp. All in all this is a great little car and I plan to give it to the next kid and buy a 2010 (or maybe 2011) model."

Looks/Feels more expensive than it costs

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "See complete review"

Cons: "See complete review"

"Everytime someone new gets in my Equinox, they always say something nice about it. Commonly, "Wow! I like this! What is it?" We are a family of 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 dogs. We all fit well, including the carseat and booster. Pros: Looks, drives, feels great!! Mechanically good so far @ 135,000 miles. Cons: Cheap fabric on seats, cheap paint on front dash (around radio)...it's chipping off! AWD doesn't seem to help much in snow. Overall: I'm happy with this vehicle and have recommeded it to friends. Just get one with leather seats."

Most reliable care I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, fun to drive and very versital for a family"

Cons: "Didn't like the cup holders. City fuel economy"

"I bought my 08 Equinox Sport new. I love the spunk in the 3.6 V6 engine. I have 150,000 miles on this car and have had no problems what so ever. Just oil changes and tires. The car is very roomy in the front and back, comfortalbe seats and fun to drive. I had started to sell the car at 100,000 miles, but like the care to much to sell. We had the car set up for towing behind our motorhome and being an AWD it towed very nice with all wheels on the ground. The fuel economy in the city averaged 16mpg, which I would have like a little better, but over all a very versital car for any type of outing."

love it!

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, but not bulky. Comfortable & smooth"

"I bought this car new, and I've had it now for over 5 years. I usually buy new cars and trade them in after 1-2 years. I love this car. It's so comfortable, reliable and it's the perfect size. I have 3 kids, and we take road trips often. It's perfect for our luggage and has some extra storage under the back seat. I've also fit a dishwasher in the trunk, while having my son in his car seat in the back. The back seats fold down. Every time someone gets in my car, they compliment it. I've only had one trip to the mechanics, and that was in the 5th year. fuel line leak."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for