• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2008 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 787 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.5/10

love it!

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, but not bulky. Comfortable & smooth"

"I bought this car new, and I've had it now for over 5 years. I usually buy new cars and trade them in after 1-2 years. I love this car. It's so comfortable, reliable and it's the perfect size. I have 3 kids, and we take road trips often. It's perfect for our luggage and has some extra storage under the back seat. I've also fit a dishwasher in the trunk, while having my son in his car seat in the back. The back seats fold down. Every time someone gets in my car, they compliment it. I've only had one trip to the mechanics, and that was in the 5th year. fuel line leak."

Good value for AWD

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"I wanted an AWD vehicle because I live in the Virginia mountains. I also did not want to spend a great deal of money, but I did want safety and reliability. The more I shopped the more I came back to the base level Equinox. The base model has excellent features and I could not be more pleased! This is my first GM or Chevrolet product. It will not be my last."

has been very reliable so far

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Chevy should have used better quality fabric inside and made the radio more friendly and better paint on dash controls. But has been reliable."

2005 Equinox LT AWD Review

By on Thursday, January 29, 2009

"I was a little skeptical about this vehicle when I first bought it. However, I it has grown on me since. As for the equinox's pros, this CUV has style which can't be said for many of its competitors. The laser blue metallic paint is stunning. I have received many compliments on how great looking of a vehicle is. I really fell in love my equinox after it snowed constantly for about a week straight not that long ago. The equinox fells like it was was built for the snow. It will plow its way though 12 inches of snow without any problems. It climbs hills like a goat even in the snow. The 3.4 liter V6 has plenty of power and while quiet under normal operation it sounds powerful when awaken. It's acceleration at about 3/4 throttle will throw you to the back your seat. It has enough interior room and the back seat slides backward giving plenty leg room for even a 6ft 6 friend. It gives a smooth and comfortable ride and the trans gives smooth almost noticeable shifts. The table in the back is also a nice feature. As far as handling is considered the turning radius could be a little better and the steering is a little hard to get use to at first however after a little while I began to like it. It fells very nimble however, especially for as large as it is. The gas mileage is okay and just okay it can vary by several miles per gallon. It as got 26 mpg on trips however, in the city it usually gets about 17 mpg. Surprisingly it gets better mileage using name brand gas instead of cheap no name gas. The gas gauge is deceiving is only reads about 12 gallons which is kinda weird since it has a 17 gallon tank. The seat fabric with the pattern on it seems to stain easily however, the other fabrics in the equinox are very easy to clean. So would say the interior plastics are a bit cheap but durable which is all I really care about. Overall I am happy with my equinox. I look forward to having it for at least 7 or 8 years."

Great do it all vehicle.

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Power, handling, utility use."

Cons: "Cup holders, some road noise"

"We love our 2009 Sport equinox. Great in snow. I tow a 3300. Lbs. boat with it all the time. Lots of power with the 3.6 engine and 6 speed tranny. 4 wheel disc brakes and 5 star crash rating. Great sound system, xm radio, blu tooth. Lots of room and easy to get in and out of. Drives very good and is fun. Never been to the shop and we have owned it for four years. Ours has heated seats. You can fold the back seat and the passenger seat for carrying large objects. We have a nice luggage rack on top as well. The cup holders are weak. We get 17-19 mpg in town and 22-24 mpg on the highway."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals