2008 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 788 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.5/10

Absolutely Love My Equinox...

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Great family SUV, rides good and looks great."

"I bought my 2006 Chevy Equinox in 2007. It had about 27,000 miles on it. I bought it from a local chevy dealer and it was certified pre own. It has leather, sun roof and all the extras. I was worried when I first looked at it because I had heard some ok and even bad reviews. But since the second I bought it I absolutely love it.. At about 40,000 miles I did have a wheel barren to go out probably from me hitting something. Then since about 75,000 miles the check engine light has been on some, but it hasn't caused any problems. Then when it hit 100,000 miles a fan on the motor went out but it was only a couple of hundred to fix and it still ran. Overall I love my Equinox. My hubby wants me to trade to get something newer but I am keeping it. It rides great and looks good. It is a good family car with a lot of room and pretty good on gas too. Oh yeah I love love my equinox. Great SUV..."

Love my car!

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"I purchased my Equinox when I sent my Suburban off to college with one of my children. I thought I was buying an economical yet functional little car - little did I know I was buying my favorite car yet. There is room in the back seat for my boys (the shortest is 6' 2"), it easily carries my parents' wheelchairs without folding down the back seats and it does all this while getting more that 18 mpg city. This is a great mpg because it seems that I often spent more time waiting at stoplights than I do rolling. There are three things I do not like about my car. There is considerable wind noise at highway speeds, there are no rear-seat air vents and when the front seats are moved all the way back the exposed rails are sharp. All in all this is a great little car and I plan to give it to the next kid and buy a 2010 (or maybe 2011) model."

Looks/Feels more expensive than it costs

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "See complete review"

Cons: "See complete review"

"Everytime someone new gets in my Equinox, they always say something nice about it. Commonly, "Wow! I like this! What is it?" We are a family of 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 dogs. We all fit well, including the carseat and booster. Pros: Looks, drives, feels great!! Mechanically good so far @ 135,000 miles. Cons: Cheap fabric on seats, cheap paint on front dash (around radio)...it's chipping off! AWD doesn't seem to help much in snow. Overall: I'm happy with this vehicle and have recommeded it to friends. Just get one with leather seats."

Most reliable care I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, fun to drive and very versital for a family"

Cons: "Didn't like the cup holders. City fuel economy"

"I bought my 08 Equinox Sport new. I love the spunk in the 3.6 V6 engine. I have 150,000 miles on this car and have had no problems what so ever. Just oil changes and tires. The car is very roomy in the front and back, comfortalbe seats and fun to drive. I had started to sell the car at 100,000 miles, but like the care to much to sell. We had the car set up for towing behind our motorhome and being an AWD it towed very nice with all wheels on the ground. The fuel economy in the city averaged 16mpg, which I would have like a little better, but over all a very versital car for any type of outing."

I can't complain..this suv is great and quick

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Good power and comfort"

Cons: "Interior stains from plain water"

"I read so many bad complaints about this vehicle, that I regretted buying it before trying it. But guess what? I love it! I bought my 2006 equinox last year,with 194,000 miles on it, just to get around temporarily. This is now my work car, that is still running strong with 201,322 miles on it. No problems, never had any and it looks and runs like new!!! ( am I lucky or what...did I get the only good one? LOL )"

love it!

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, but not bulky. Comfortable & smooth"

"I bought this car new, and I've had it now for over 5 years. I usually buy new cars and trade them in after 1-2 years. I love this car. It's so comfortable, reliable and it's the perfect size. I have 3 kids, and we take road trips often. It's perfect for our luggage and has some extra storage under the back seat. I've also fit a dishwasher in the trunk, while having my son in his car seat in the back. The back seats fold down. Every time someone gets in my car, they compliment it. I've only had one trip to the mechanics, and that was in the 5th year. fuel line leak."

Good value for AWD

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"I wanted an AWD vehicle because I live in the Virginia mountains. I also did not want to spend a great deal of money, but I did want safety and reliability. The more I shopped the more I came back to the base level Equinox. The base model has excellent features and I could not be more pleased! This is my first GM or Chevrolet product. It will not be my last."

has been very reliable so far

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Chevy should have used better quality fabric inside and made the radio more friendly and better paint on dash controls. But has been reliable."

2005 Equinox LT AWD Review

By on Thursday, January 29, 2009

"I was a little skeptical about this vehicle when I first bought it. However, I it has grown on me since. As for the equinox's pros, this CUV has style which can't be said for many of its competitors. The laser blue metallic paint is stunning. I have received many compliments on how great looking of a vehicle is. I really fell in love my equinox after it snowed constantly for about a week straight not that long ago. The equinox fells like it was was built for the snow. It will plow its way though 12 inches of snow without any problems. It climbs hills like a goat even in the snow. The 3.4 liter V6 has plenty of power and while quiet under normal operation it sounds powerful when awaken. It's acceleration at about 3/4 throttle will throw you to the back your seat. It has enough interior room and the back seat slides backward giving plenty leg room for even a 6ft 6 friend. It gives a smooth and comfortable ride and the trans gives smooth almost noticeable shifts. The table in the back is also a nice feature. As far as handling is considered the turning radius could be a little better and the steering is a little hard to get use to at first however after a little while I began to like it. It fells very nimble however, especially for as large as it is. The gas mileage is okay and just okay it can vary by several miles per gallon. It as got 26 mpg on trips however, in the city it usually gets about 17 mpg. Surprisingly it gets better mileage using name brand gas instead of cheap no name gas. The gas gauge is deceiving is only reads about 12 gallons which is kinda weird since it has a 17 gallon tank. The seat fabric with the pattern on it seems to stain easily however, the other fabrics in the equinox are very easy to clean. So would say the interior plastics are a bit cheap but durable which is all I really care about. Overall I am happy with my equinox. I look forward to having it for at least 7 or 8 years."

No problems, No worries!

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "DIY maintenance, very sturdy"

Cons: "comfort during very long trips."

"I have owned a 2005 Chevy Equinox LS since I bought it brand new in May of 2005. I honestly have had no worries since I have owned the vehicle. The only thing I have replaced on the vehicle has been the thermostat. Other than the typical replacements, tires, brakes, oil, etc. I have been extremely happy! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone, as long and the daily maintenance has been kept up with."

Great do it all vehicle.

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Power, handling, utility use."

Cons: "Cup holders, some road noise"

"We love our 2009 Sport equinox. Great in snow. I tow a 3300. Lbs. boat with it all the time. Lots of power with the 3.6 engine and 6 speed tranny. 4 wheel disc brakes and 5 star crash rating. Great sound system, xm radio, blu tooth. Lots of room and easy to get in and out of. Drives very good and is fun. Never been to the shop and we have owned it for four years. Ours has heated seats. You can fold the back seat and the passenger seat for carrying large objects. We have a nice luggage rack on top as well. The cup holders are weak. We get 17-19 mpg in town and 22-24 mpg on the highway."

Great ride, very reliable.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Overall design, can handle larger size people."

Cons: "Changing head-lamp is a pain."

"Being a taller person finding a ride with good head-room is hard to do. This vehicle has it all, lots of great features, very reliable, milage isn't great - but what can you do. Handles great in winter and can haul just about anything. This vehicle is very comfortable, combination bus, truck & SUV. Nicest feature about this is it's slim. You can fit into any normal parking spot very easily."

My Vehicle Saved My Life!

By on Monday, September 17, 2007

"I was in a head on car accident with my Equinox in October 2006. My Equinox was totaled but my child and myself walked away with only bumps and bruises!! One fault with the vehicle - when the system goes down all the locks stay locked and you are not able to open the back door from the inside. Because of the damage to the front of the vehicle I had to kick the back door open while outsiders pulled!"

Better than I expected!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"When I bought the Equinox, I was in the market for a full size car. I just got it because of the price and the head room. It has ended up being the best car!! My favorite feature is being able to slide the rear seat forward and back. Its perfect for kids, and even comfortable for adults in the back seat. There is more leg room in my back seat than my friend's Tahoe. The gas mileage is good, I can park it anywhere, and there's tons of room for all of mine and my kids' junk!"

Good Solid SUV

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "Good Price, Just the right size, looks good"

Cons: "Only 23mpg hwy"

"2006 Equinox with 145000miles, mostly highway. Have had little to no problems expect for normal maintenance like brakes, battery and tires.Engine still runs good and trans shifts smoothly. My 1996 Chevy S-10 has 217,000 and has been completely reliable. You can buy 2 American vehicles for the price of one import."

Much Better Than Expected

By on Thursday, February 12, 2009

"As a loyal GM owner, I chose the '08 Equinox 2LT AWD to replace the S10 extended cab I had been driving for 6+ years. I was looking for something more versatile, yet also more fuel efficient. I do not do much local driving but frequently drive across New York state or south to Ohio and wanted something comfortable for both my fiancee and I, as well something that would handle well in the upstate NY winter weather. We also wanted a vehicle that could hold another couple that we wanted to bring along. I have owned this vehicle for almost 11 months, putting on 9,900 miles and LOVE IT! In the good weather, I have gotten 27mpg hwy/ 20.5 city. It is outstanding to take roadtrips in... especially with the heated leather seats. The back seat has plenty of room for 3 people and seats 2 full-size adults comfortably. Since winter began, mileage has obviously dropped, but the AWD is as good or better than 4WD in my opinion. During our first snowstorm of the year in Buffalo I was afraid of being stuck when we tried to drive downtown to the Sabres game in a fresh foot of unplowed snow. The Equinox didn't slip once and I was able to keep on driving past stuck 2WD cars. The only downside to the AWD is that the car gets only 14-15mpg in long periods of heavy snow- since the computer senses when to use the AWD. Otherwise- I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone- VERY underrated!"

Great little SUV

By on Saturday, June 21, 2008

"I have had my 08 Equinox for 4 months. I did have a Saturn Ion, but needed something bigger for my son and myself and out of all of the SUVs and midsize cars I looked at, this had the most room in the back seat so my son could sit back there and have plenty of leg room, all the others his knees would hit the back of the front seat with it all the way back. Gas mileage I can not complain, yes we all want more, but I took mine to Tennessee and averaged 27 mpg only about 6-7 miles less then my Ion (which was plastic, 4 cyl, and front wheel drive as where the equinox is metal, 6 cyl, and AWD). So far I love this vehicle."

needs improving

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I was attracted to this vehicle because it was a small SUV and better on gas than the larger ones. Overall I like the car but, have some complaints... 1. Terrible blind spots from the front windshield left and right. The frame a of the window can easily block the view of a motorcyle and even oncoming cars. 2. Car does not always crank on first try. 3. Paint on interior door handles, knobs on radio, power window controls is chipping off."

I've loved this car ever since I bought it.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Great handling--love it."

Cons: "Blind spots."

"I have recommended this car to a lot of people. The only thing I had a problem with is that I am short and need two cushions to be able to see out the window. The seat does not adjust high enough. Also there are 2 blind spots for me. I have to be very careful backing up and making turns--(both left and right). Other than that, I love the car and am thinking of getting a new one."

Love it! Our 2nd EQ. Great value/reliability.

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Our car is comfortable, handles well, gets fair gas mileage (24mpg). The only negative is excessive road noise on certain types of highway toppings."

Ok for 1st 3 years

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"Bought this car new and had front strut problems from the get go. Good thing the warranty covered all that.Services are as regular as you can get it done. My wife drives the car so it is well taken care of. Seats get bad stains with any liquid that spills on it. Have changed the brakes once and still have a squeak in the front. On last maintenance we were told that A/C needs replacing (1200.00) to fix. A month later fuel pump went in ( 1800.00) to fix it. To much problems for a well maintained car. Car drives very good but not sure if we would get another one like it again. Front buttons wore off pretty fast."

BEST SUV

By on Sunday, December 13, 2009

"PURCHASED SUMMER OF 2005, VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE ROOM BETWEEN PASSENGER AND DRIVER, EXCELLENT HANDLING. I HAVE HAD THIS VEHICHLE FOR 4 YEARS NOW, WOULD NEVER LET IT GO. CONSTANTLY COMPARED TO LEXUS $10K MORE, LEXUS PEOPLE LOVE THE EQUINOX. THE 05 HAS ROOF RACK, WHEREAS 09 DOES NOT. WISH NOW I WOULD OF PURCHASED AWD, DUE TO MY OWN DRIVING HABITS/PLACES I GO. SILVER KEEPS CLEAN LONGER,WIDE WHEEL TURNING RADIUS TO THINK OF. IN 4 YRS I REPLACED A/C CONDENSOR AND FRONT BRAKES. NOTHING ELSE. AWESOME LOOKING, I ADDED A SUN ROOF, VERY DEPENDABLE AND RELIABLE VEHICLE. GAS MILEAGE IS AT 22."

Great mid size cross over

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Bought our 2005 Equinox in June of 2004. We have 50000 miles and have never had it in the shop yet. Gets great gas mileage. My wife loves it because it is easy to park anywhere. Plenty of room in the back seat since it adjusted. We got the all wheel drive and handles great in the snow."

good family car

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"My wife drives it most of the time. The main reason we bought it was the back seat roominess, great for getting kids out of car seats. Side air curtains. Decent mileage and pep. There are many blind spots and the turning radius is awful! The AWD in this vehicle leaves much to be deisred. My Audu A4 AWD will do circles in snow around the Equinox. The AWD is overated and not a value for this car. My wife enjoys the vehicle and it has been very reliable overall."

great vehicle

By on Friday, September 05, 2008

"Have had this vehicle now for almost two years. Not one problem. Runs great, rides great, looks great. Get many compliments on style. Good gas mileage also. Remote start and Onstar are excellent features and provide a lot of conveience. When this one wears out (if it ever does) I will buy another one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals