• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2008 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 785 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.5/10

Absolutely Love My Equinox...

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Great family SUV, rides good and looks great."

"I bought my 2006 Chevy Equinox in 2007. It had about 27,000 miles on it. I bought it from a local chevy dealer and it was certified pre own. It has leather, sun roof and all the extras. I was worried when I first looked at it because I had heard some ok and even bad reviews. But since the second I bought it I absolutely love it.. At about 40,000 miles I did have a wheel barren to go out probably from me hitting something. Then since about 75,000 miles the check engine light has been on some, but it hasn't caused any problems. Then when it hit 100,000 miles a fan on the motor went out but it was only a couple of hundred to fix and it still ran. Overall I love my Equinox. My hubby wants me to trade to get something newer but I am keeping it. It rides great and looks good. It is a good family car with a lot of room and pretty good on gas too. Oh yeah I love love my equinox. Great SUV..."

Love my car!

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"I purchased my Equinox when I sent my Suburban off to college with one of my children. I thought I was buying an economical yet functional little car - little did I know I was buying my favorite car yet. There is room in the back seat for my boys (the shortest is 6' 2"), it easily carries my parents' wheelchairs without folding down the back seats and it does all this while getting more that 18 mpg city. This is a great mpg because it seems that I often spent more time waiting at stoplights than I do rolling. There are three things I do not like about my car. There is considerable wind noise at highway speeds, there are no rear-seat air vents and when the front seats are moved all the way back the exposed rails are sharp. All in all this is a great little car and I plan to give it to the next kid and buy a 2010 (or maybe 2011) model."

Looks/Feels more expensive than it costs

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "See complete review"

Cons: "See complete review"

"Everytime someone new gets in my Equinox, they always say something nice about it. Commonly, "Wow! I like this! What is it?" We are a family of 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 dogs. We all fit well, including the carseat and booster. Pros: Looks, drives, feels great!! Mechanically good so far @ 135,000 miles. Cons: Cheap fabric on seats, cheap paint on front dash (around radio)...it's chipping off! AWD doesn't seem to help much in snow. Overall: I'm happy with this vehicle and have recommeded it to friends. Just get one with leather seats."

Most reliable care I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, fun to drive and very versital for a family"

Cons: "Didn't like the cup holders. City fuel economy"

"I bought my 08 Equinox Sport new. I love the spunk in the 3.6 V6 engine. I have 150,000 miles on this car and have had no problems what so ever. Just oil changes and tires. The car is very roomy in the front and back, comfortalbe seats and fun to drive. I had started to sell the car at 100,000 miles, but like the care to much to sell. We had the car set up for towing behind our motorhome and being an AWD it towed very nice with all wheels on the ground. The fuel economy in the city averaged 16mpg, which I would have like a little better, but over all a very versital car for any type of outing."

love it!

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, but not bulky. Comfortable & smooth"

"I bought this car new, and I've had it now for over 5 years. I usually buy new cars and trade them in after 1-2 years. I love this car. It's so comfortable, reliable and it's the perfect size. I have 3 kids, and we take road trips often. It's perfect for our luggage and has some extra storage under the back seat. I've also fit a dishwasher in the trunk, while having my son in his car seat in the back. The back seats fold down. Every time someone gets in my car, they compliment it. I've only had one trip to the mechanics, and that was in the 5th year. fuel line leak."

I can't complain..this suv is great and quick

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Good power and comfort"

Cons: "Interior stains from plain water"

"I read so many bad complaints about this vehicle, that I regretted buying it before trying it. But guess what? I love it! I bought my 2006 equinox last year,with 194,000 miles on it, just to get around temporarily. This is now my work car, that is still running strong with 201,322 miles on it. No problems, never had any and it looks and runs like new!!! ( am I lucky or what...did I get the only good one? LOL )"

Good value for AWD

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"I wanted an AWD vehicle because I live in the Virginia mountains. I also did not want to spend a great deal of money, but I did want safety and reliability. The more I shopped the more I came back to the base level Equinox. The base model has excellent features and I could not be more pleased! This is my first GM or Chevrolet product. It will not be my last."

has been very reliable so far

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Chevy should have used better quality fabric inside and made the radio more friendly and better paint on dash controls. But has been reliable."

2005 Equinox LT AWD Review

By on Thursday, January 29, 2009

"I was a little skeptical about this vehicle when I first bought it. However, I it has grown on me since. As for the equinox's pros, this CUV has style which can't be said for many of its competitors. The laser blue metallic paint is stunning. I have received many compliments on how great looking of a vehicle is. I really fell in love my equinox after it snowed constantly for about a week straight not that long ago. The equinox fells like it was was built for the snow. It will plow its way though 12 inches of snow without any problems. It climbs hills like a goat even in the snow. The 3.4 liter V6 has plenty of power and while quiet under normal operation it sounds powerful when awaken. It's acceleration at about 3/4 throttle will throw you to the back your seat. It has enough interior room and the back seat slides backward giving plenty leg room for even a 6ft 6 friend. It gives a smooth and comfortable ride and the trans gives smooth almost noticeable shifts. The table in the back is also a nice feature. As far as handling is considered the turning radius could be a little better and the steering is a little hard to get use to at first however after a little while I began to like it. It fells very nimble however, especially for as large as it is. The gas mileage is okay and just okay it can vary by several miles per gallon. It as got 26 mpg on trips however, in the city it usually gets about 17 mpg. Surprisingly it gets better mileage using name brand gas instead of cheap no name gas. The gas gauge is deceiving is only reads about 12 gallons which is kinda weird since it has a 17 gallon tank. The seat fabric with the pattern on it seems to stain easily however, the other fabrics in the equinox are very easy to clean. So would say the interior plastics are a bit cheap but durable which is all I really care about. Overall I am happy with my equinox. I look forward to having it for at least 7 or 8 years."

Great do it all vehicle.

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Power, handling, utility use."

Cons: "Cup holders, some road noise"

"We love our 2009 Sport equinox. Great in snow. I tow a 3300. Lbs. boat with it all the time. Lots of power with the 3.6 engine and 6 speed tranny. 4 wheel disc brakes and 5 star crash rating. Great sound system, xm radio, blu tooth. Lots of room and easy to get in and out of. Drives very good and is fun. Never been to the shop and we have owned it for four years. Ours has heated seats. You can fold the back seat and the passenger seat for carrying large objects. We have a nice luggage rack on top as well. The cup holders are weak. We get 17-19 mpg in town and 22-24 mpg on the highway."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for