2006 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 796 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.5/10

Major issues, one of the worst

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "Lots of Space"

Cons: "Costly to maintain"

"I have owned this car for a little over 2 years. Bought is car with 47,000 miles on it. 2 months later, I had to take it back due to blown head gasket never mentioned to me. Dealer did fix the issue under the 3 month warranty with car. Fast forwarding 2 years, I now have a blown head gasket again, losing coolant weekly, dead battery, had to replace a (full)rear drive shaft, and have a leaking exhaust. Now all of a sudden without warning, I need to replace a bad engine which will cost me approx. $3000. So the money I used to buy the expensive rear drive shaft went down the drain. So now I have to decide do I fix this car or buy a new one?? This car does drive nice and has plenty of space and storage room but very expensive to maintain. I understand based on the amount of time I drove the car I would have to maintain the vehicle more often but I shouldn't be having major issues that would cost more than just simply buying a new car in that short amount of time. To sum this up, I recommend this car for someone driving mostly local, wants a lower priced Suv, and wants lots of space. Don't recommend this to someone traveling often, and not looking to spend a ton of money on maintenance and repairs. I have all receipts and videos proving everything i'm saying is true."

I have had no problem with the vehicle

By on Monday, January 19, 2015

Pros: "good price at the time of purchase"

Cons: "no rear view camera"

"Purchased new in 2008, vehicle is a one owner vehicle, garaged."

THE WORST CAR

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "Roomy inside, decent MPG"

Cons: "Everything else!"

"Bought the 2008 used in 2011 with 50,000 miles. Was happy at first; I liked the size and drivability of it. Aesthetically it was nice. Within the first year, had to take to dealership for multiple minor issues (blinker switch, door locks, air conditioner). About 18 months later, had to take in again for remaining door locks not previously fixed, stabilitrak light, brake system light, traction control light, and airbag light. Over $1000 in repairs! 4 months later, same issues minus door locks. 4 weeks later, drove over railroad tracks while slowing, brake pedal started shaking and had to push all the way down to stop. Another problem! I've had my fill of issues, get rid of it!"

Great car for the value

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

"This is a great car for the value. I love how the back seat can slide back and forth. I have some pretty tall friends and myself. It makes the back so comfortable. Also, the "shelf" in the back is great for tail gaiting. The only real complaint that I have is that the center console is very lacking, VERY. I have still yet to find a good use for it. It just seems like dead space to me and no thought out well. Over all, I love the car. I would recommend it."

Great Car, very satisfied

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "So Smooth, you can't even tell it's running"

Cons: "Needs a bit more trunk space."

"I purchased this equinox 2006, back in 2008. I did my homework and it seemed this was the only year to previous ones that did not have a recall on it for something going wrong. I purchased it while residing in kansas and now moved to new york, it took me across 8 states with very good gas mileage and no issues what so ever. Its a good relaible car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals