• 2014 Compact SUVs

2005 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 778 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.5/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

has been very reliable so far

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Chevy should have used better quality fabric inside and made the radio more friendly and better paint on dash controls. But has been reliable."

LT AWD - Great SUV

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"Comfortable but slightly harsh ride. Roomy 5 passenger seating. The only complaint I have is the window switches are between the seats instead of on the door. They have since remedied this on the 2010 and later models."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"I bought this car new in the fall of 2005. I have had my Equinox longer and put more miles on it than any other vehicle I have owned. The engine is sound, I like the 6 cylinders for pick-up and the AWD. It is great to use to transport larger items. I do agree that the seat material is not great and stains very easily. I especially agree with the reviewer about paint chipping off the console/radio buttons. It started happening to my vehicle soon after I got it and had the radio buttons replaced once while it was still under warranty. Whoever designed the lighter/cell phone outlet directly below the cup holders, not one of your more brilliant ideas! The car, overall, has been very reliable through the years and I hesitate to get rid of it. I am considering replacing it with a new Equinox. I have spoken to some owners and they say it doesn't have great pickup, I assume it is a 4 cylinder. I haven't checked to see if it still comes in a 6 cylinder model."

This is a great vehicle..

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Well for some reason I could not type anymore in the (Review summary) it just stop letting me type anything else, what I was trying to put is since I bought it, it has been a great and very dependable vehicle. It has never not started for me or had any other problems ,I would trust it to drive from Michigan then to California to Florida then back to Michigan and do it all over again. That's how much I trust this vehicle, After I bought this vehicle,it was..I think at lease 2 yrs. later... I have it on record,anyway Equinox has a problem with there head gaskets,they used plastic head gaskets on there motors and it was a very bad idea because the antifreeze which was Dex-cool..well the Dex-cool eat the plastic head gasket and over $1700. dollars later and machined the heads and new tune up,it runs better now then ever..now it will see over 300.000. easy."

well maintained, purchased new, highway miles

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"Never had any major mechanical problems. Transmission fluid changed out once and thermostat. One owner, one driver."

I believe this is a good vehicle overall

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Good Small Family Car"

Cons: "Only a Five seater"

"The gas cap is an after market key cap that doesn't create a good air tight seal. So this has caused the emission symbol to aluminate. the vehicle still gives me good gas mileage. The interior needs detailing due to kids so a good shampooing and it will be as good as new inside. Exterior is in very good condition. A/C very cold."

Never Buy This Car

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "NOTHING"

Cons: "EVERYTHING"

"This is the worst car I have ever driven. I would never reccomend this to anyone! I have owned this car for 6 months and I have already replaced the engine, breaks, spark plugs, axels, and my starter. I have also had $3K worth of front end work done to this car. I am almost $7K deep into repairs for this car and I CANNOT wait to get rid of it... What a lemon!!"

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CAR

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

"LOVE THIS CAR"

No problems, No worries!

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "DIY maintenance, very sturdy"

Cons: "comfort during very long trips."

"I have owned a 2005 Chevy Equinox LS since I bought it brand new in May of 2005. I honestly have had no worries since I have owned the vehicle. The only thing I have replaced on the vehicle has been the thermostat. Other than the typical replacements, tires, brakes, oil, etc. I have been extremely happy! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone, as long and the daily maintenance has been kept up with."

Gold Color good car drives grreat

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

"Engine is strong, Great pickup power Handles very good, has allwheel drive, reg. maint."

Transmission issues

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

"Was great til everything went wrong at once."

Purchased new Oct 2004. Wife's car. She loves it!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Good acceleration, low maintenance."

Cons: "Front cup holder too close to hand brake."

"My wife drives this car. She wanted something not too big, but big enough to go to garage sales. This car has been just right. Very few maintenance problems in the more than nine years we've owned it. One long trip from Fla to Va and it was fine on the road. This car has surprising acceleration when you need to get into traffic, it will get the job done quickly and smoothly."

An outstanding performing vehicle!

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "Great price, good quality, climbs ice/snow hills."

Cons: "Drivers door armrest and interior light placement."

"The vehicle is very dependable and climbs a steep hill in winter ice with NO PROBLEMS! (4WD/AWD). I was amazed! It got the fuel economy as advertised and if driven conservatively, did even a little better. It was comfortable to drive but I will say the drivers door armrest was uncomfortable for me. My wife was fine with it however so ok. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone and if the one we are about to buy does as well, we will be extremely satisfied. Can't say enough good things about this little Chevy. Like I said, we are buying another one. Test drove a Japanese suv and it wouldn't hold a candle to this one taking off from the red light. The Equinox has get up and go."

Reliable

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Doesn't turn sharp"

"I have owned this vehicle for 5 years now and it has been a very good vehicle. I have 2 children that are in car seats and they both fit nicely in the back seat. Cons: This vehicle does NOT turn sharp AT ALL. The trunck isn't as big as I'd like it to be. The radio control buttons have lost just about all the "paint". Other than those few minor cons, this is a very reliable vehicle! I would recommend it!"

Little old lady car

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Excellent Vehicle"

Cons: "little old ladies car"

"Car owned by a 74 year old from Sinton Texas. She is now in assisted living and cannot drive. Car was in the Garage when not in use. All maintenance done religiously."

WILL NOT GET ANOTHER ONE!

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "spacious, leather heated seats"

Cons: "drinks ALOT of gas"

"I bought this car in Oct 2012. Went to work the next day and the battery died. Then the weekend came and the engine light comes on. At that time, it was going off and on. I was told by the dealer i purchase it from to drive it and if it comes back on and stays on the bring it back and they will look at it. The car put me down while leaving work, coem to find out there is a burn valve in the cylinder and also needed a new head gasket. I have had this car a year and I am so ready to get rid of it. I had to call better business beau on the company becasue they claim they check this car out throughly before selling and they couldve done that. It has and still is one big mess! It also drinks alot of gas and the gas needle moves alot so you never can tell how much gas you have in this vehicle."

Worst Crossover out there!

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

"Terrible! Never ever again will I own an Equinox. Every person I know who has one says the same thing! It's not good on gas, it's all right looking, and I've put at least 1000$ into it every year since I bought it. Enough to pay for 1/5 of the loan we took out on it. And it was also way too expensive for how much of a pile it is! It's one thing after another. When the cd player gets to hot on warm days it doesn't work. The AWD is nice, it works well, thankfully. It's got a lot of space, which is also nice. Those are the only two things I like about this crossover. If you want a crossover like this, the Sante Fe is really nice!"

Traded 97 Silverado 4x4 for Equinox

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, pretty, roomy and good cargo area."

Cons: "None that I have found."

This is the picture that the car lot sent me, so I burned rubber getting my truck to their lot to trade.

"I traded my 1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4 ext cab off road pkg for this 2005 Equinox and I am so happy with it. It drives great, getting better gas mileage and love the looks of the car inside and out. Loved my truck, but love this more. Great car!! Sincerely, Becca"

Great do it all vehicle.

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Power, handling, utility use."

Cons: "Cup holders, some road noise"

"We love our 2009 Sport equinox. Great in snow. I tow a 3300. Lbs. boat with it all the time. Lots of power with the 3.6 engine and 6 speed tranny. 4 wheel disc brakes and 5 star crash rating. Great sound system, xm radio, blu tooth. Lots of room and easy to get in and out of. Drives very good and is fun. Never been to the shop and we have owned it for four years. Ours has heated seats. You can fold the back seat and the passenger seat for carrying large objects. We have a nice luggage rack on top as well. The cup holders are weak. We get 17-19 mpg in town and 22-24 mpg on the highway."

A Fantastic starter car for a family

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Fits 4 easily and their cargo, roof rack, AWD"

Cons: "fabric seats stain easily, turning radius"

"My wife and I love this car. It fits our 2 kids on the back seat with their bulky carseats well. The design is neat, and the 6 cylinder, AWD is nice for mountain roads. The only things I don't like about the car is it's awful turning radius (don't try u-turns unless you have 4 lanes to do it in), and the fabric seats stain very easily (even with water). The seats are not a good option for newborns and toddlers, we are constantly cleaning them. The head gasket just blew on the engine at 133,000 miles which caused both exhaust manifolds to crack as well ($400 a piece new from GM) The head gasket and exhaust manifolds have been the only issues we have had with this car which we have now owned for over 5 years."

I can't complain..this suv is great and quick

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Good power and comfort"

Cons: "Interior stains from plain water"

"I read so many bad complaints about this vehicle, that I regretted buying it before trying it. But guess what? I love it! I bought my 2006 equinox last year,with 194,000 miles on it, just to get around temporarily. This is now my work car, that is still running strong with 201,322 miles on it. No problems, never had any and it looks and runs like new!!! ( am I lucky or what...did I get the only good one? LOL )"

Best car I ever owned

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

"I will more than likely purchase another Equinox again. as this car is wonderful, if you would like a SUV, but are afraid of them, an Equinox is the way to go. It is considered a crossover vehicle, but roomy and great for travel!!"

2006 Equinox not worth it!

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Looks good, handles in snow good"

Cons: "head gasket issues, poor interior quality,"

"Bought used in 2008 with 25,000 miles. Within the first year, replaced front wheel bearing and power control module (car was starting with no key). At appx. 45,000 miles head gasket had to be replaced. The interior stains easily, moon roof makes a whistling noise, car doesn't seem airtight, noisy when driving, knocking in the rear, moldy smell from vents even after filter replaced,low gas mileage and when raining or wet out, after turning car off, car will try and turnover with no key in, lights will flash on and off. My 1985 Ford Escort ran better than this hunk of junk!"

Still wondering

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "still looking for one"

Cons: "how did a 2008 model transmission go out so fast"

"I got this car two weeks ago and within 2 days time, the transmission went out. :( The dealer sent it off to get repaired. I still feel kinda funny about it. Hoping this warranty lives up to its value. Wondering if Chevy can please me."

Great ride, very reliable.

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Overall design, can handle larger size people."

Cons: "Changing head-lamp is a pain."

"Being a taller person finding a ride with good head-room is hard to do. This vehicle has it all, lots of great features, very reliable, milage isn't great - but what can you do. Handles great in winter and can haul just about anything. This vehicle is very comfortable, combination bus, truck & SUV. Nicest feature about this is it's slim. You can fit into any normal parking spot very easily."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals