• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2005 Chevrolet Equinox

7.2

Based on 784 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.5/10

Great car for price

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "turn radius, gas mileage"

"Great off road and in the snow. Nothing has stopped it. AWD and 4L is great. I wish gas mileage was better."

Best vehicle I have ever owned,

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "reliability, room, comfort"

Cons: "centre console mediocre, otherwise nothing."

"I brought an '08 Equinox LS in late december so from then until now it has been driven only 5.5 years. I have put 352,000 km on it. I drive 150+/day average. Fuel is 8.7l/100 km (about 26MPG). not one major repair. was out of town and needed an oil change, the mechanic was floored when I gave the mileage. runs like a top. handles like a dream, confortable and quiet.Tons of space and tows great. recommend following the maintenance schedule (as with any car) and you will not be dissapointed."

Great vehicle!

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "Drives easily, very roomy."

Cons: "Roof rack needs side openings for tie downs."

"I've owned this car for 9 years. The worst I've had to do is put on new tires, rear brakes, and a battery."

Minor Inconveniences and Design Flaws

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Good price, nice styling, comfortable seating."

Cons: "Leather seat cracking, carpet wears poorly."

"Visor mirror covers both broke twice. Sunroof leaks. Engine fans required replacement. Leather driver seat cracked."

Very roomy!

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Roomy"

Cons: "Blind spots and repairs"

"I purchased this car used in 2011. 2 months after purchase, my heater went out (defect later recalled by chevy). luckily i still had a warrenty so they fixed it for free. The first year i had this car the traction conrol worked wonders.The second winter i could barely get around. I also dont like the giant blind spots on the front and rear windows. On the up side.. this car is very roomy and can easily sit my 6' husband in the backseat with leg room to spare."

Love the vehicle, but also very disappointed

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room and fun to drive when it works"

Cons: "Very expensive to keep running."

"I purchased this vehicle because it was exactly what I wanted, but it wasn't two months after I purchased it that I began to see I was in for trouble. Every four to six months I have had to put hundreds sometimes over one thousand dollars into it. I have not yet owned it two years and have spent over $3,000.00 in repairs. I am now faced with a very expensive issue - four months after the last fix, and have decided I can no longer afford this vehicle. So even though I absolutely love the vehicle and the room associated with it, I am so very disappointed in the running and maintenance issues. This vehicle may have cured me from ever wanting another SUV. So sad. :-("

has been very reliable so far

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"Chevy should have used better quality fabric inside and made the radio more friendly and better paint on dash controls. But has been reliable."

LT AWD - Great SUV

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

"Comfortable but slightly harsh ride. Roomy 5 passenger seating. The only complaint I have is the window switches are between the seats instead of on the door. They have since remedied this on the 2010 and later models."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"I bought this car new in the fall of 2005. I have had my Equinox longer and put more miles on it than any other vehicle I have owned. The engine is sound, I like the 6 cylinders for pick-up and the AWD. It is great to use to transport larger items. I do agree that the seat material is not great and stains very easily. I especially agree with the reviewer about paint chipping off the console/radio buttons. It started happening to my vehicle soon after I got it and had the radio buttons replaced once while it was still under warranty. Whoever designed the lighter/cell phone outlet directly below the cup holders, not one of your more brilliant ideas! The car, overall, has been very reliable through the years and I hesitate to get rid of it. I am considering replacing it with a new Equinox. I have spoken to some owners and they say it doesn't have great pickup, I assume it is a 4 cylinder. I haven't checked to see if it still comes in a 6 cylinder model."

This is a great vehicle..

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Well for some reason I could not type anymore in the (Review summary) it just stop letting me type anything else, what I was trying to put is since I bought it, it has been a great and very dependable vehicle. It has never not started for me or had any other problems ,I would trust it to drive from Michigan then to California to Florida then back to Michigan and do it all over again. That's how much I trust this vehicle, After I bought this vehicle,it was..I think at lease 2 yrs. later... I have it on record,anyway Equinox has a problem with there head gaskets,they used plastic head gaskets on there motors and it was a very bad idea because the antifreeze which was Dex-cool..well the Dex-cool eat the plastic head gasket and over $1700. dollars later and machined the heads and new tune up,it runs better now then ever..now it will see over 300.000. easy."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for