2005 Chevrolet Equinox

7.3

Based on 803 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

7.5/10

Absolutely Love My Equinox...

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Great family SUV, rides good and looks great."

"I bought my 2006 Chevy Equinox in 2007. It had about 27,000 miles on it. I bought it from a local chevy dealer and it was certified pre own. It has leather, sun roof and all the extras. I was worried when I first looked at it because I had heard some ok and even bad reviews. But since the second I bought it I absolutely love it.. At about 40,000 miles I did have a wheel barren to go out probably from me hitting something. Then since about 75,000 miles the check engine light has been on some, but it hasn't caused any problems. Then when it hit 100,000 miles a fan on the motor went out but it was only a couple of hundred to fix and it still ran. Overall I love my Equinox. My hubby wants me to trade to get something newer but I am keeping it. It rides great and looks good. It is a good family car with a lot of room and pretty good on gas too. Oh yeah I love love my equinox. Great SUV..."

I can't complain..this suv is great and quick

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Good power and comfort"

Cons: "Interior stains from plain water"

"I read so many bad complaints about this vehicle, that I regretted buying it before trying it. But guess what? I love it! I bought my 2006 equinox last year,with 194,000 miles on it, just to get around temporarily. This is now my work car, that is still running strong with 201,322 miles on it. No problems, never had any and it looks and runs like new!!! ( am I lucky or what...did I get the only good one? LOL )"

Looks/Feels more expensive than it costs

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "See complete review"

Cons: "See complete review"

"Everytime someone new gets in my Equinox, they always say something nice about it. Commonly, "Wow! I like this! What is it?" We are a family of 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 dogs. We all fit well, including the carseat and booster. Pros: Looks, drives, feels great!! Mechanically good so far @ 135,000 miles. Cons: Cheap fabric on seats, cheap paint on front dash (around radio)...it's chipping off! AWD doesn't seem to help much in snow. Overall: I'm happy with this vehicle and have recommeded it to friends. Just get one with leather seats."

love it!

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "Spacious, but not bulky. Comfortable & smooth"

"I bought this car new, and I've had it now for over 5 years. I usually buy new cars and trade them in after 1-2 years. I love this car. It's so comfortable, reliable and it's the perfect size. I have 3 kids, and we take road trips often. It's perfect for our luggage and has some extra storage under the back seat. I've also fit a dishwasher in the trunk, while having my son in his car seat in the back. The back seats fold down. Every time someone gets in my car, they compliment it. I've only had one trip to the mechanics, and that was in the 5th year. fuel line leak."

Good value for AWD

By on Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"I wanted an AWD vehicle because I live in the Virginia mountains. I also did not want to spend a great deal of money, but I did want safety and reliability. The more I shopped the more I came back to the base level Equinox. The base model has excellent features and I could not be more pleased! This is my first GM or Chevrolet product. It will not be my last."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Equinox near Honolulu. See local deals