2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,264 - $17,747.

10/6.8

8.4

Based on 480 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

One of the worst vehicles I've ever driven

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "Awesome and sporty ext and comfortable interior"

Cons: "Poor make of the vehicle motor"

"I bought this car in January of 2014 and for the first year it was a great car... until the next winter came along. The car has a cold start problem where all the check engine lights and traction control lights come on, it won't shift, and the car will barely start. It has now been in the shop since the end of December of 2014 and it is now almost March of 2015 and the dealership says they can not find the problem. I have asked other Cruze owners about theirs and everybody seems to have problems. Maybe mine is a lemon but I would strongly advise to NOT BUY THIS CAR!"

I would not buy again

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "economy"

Cons: "no room, stiff ride,interior"

"The vehicle ride is stiff, and the vehicle is problamatic. The vehicle does not hold its value at all, and mine is currently going to the shop tomorrow for over heating issues,and no heat in the cabin. This car has given dumb problems from the get go."

A Home Run for GM

By on Sunday, January 30, 2011

"In the past month I have bought 3 of these Cruzes for ex-wives and children; last week I bought one for me to use as a commuter car. I have 3 Porsches and love their handling. My work now requires I drive ~ 60K miles a year and I originally leased a Honda Civic since commuting in a Porsche is not reasonable, although I have over 100K miles on each. It provided the gas savings I desired and was OK from a comfortability perspective, but not what I liked for driving long distance. The lease was up and I did NOT like the trade in value even from Honda. Since I had bought the Cruzes for others in my family, I have bought over 30 GM vehicles in the past, I thought I would try one for my commuting. I was extremely happy with the solid feel and performance. If the reliability is as good as it appears to be this vehicle will be outstanding for small car drivers who like performance at a reasonable price. I live in California and my commute requires a daily drive over a very high grade, my Honda would not maintain speed, my Cruze takes it in stride without faltering. This car is also VERY quite for a small car. This car is not a Porsche, but I have now bought 4 Cruzes for less than one of my Porsches. I think Porsche is the best car made, but there are 8 chevys in my family now, 4 2500HD Diesels and 4 Cruzes, I consider these Chevys the best car made for people who make up the majority in the USA. My rating above is against high performance vehicles and if I rated against other vehicles in its class it would be 5s across all areas and a level above all other cars in its class, I drove over 15 vehicles before making this choice. None compared with the Cruze. Next week I go to the East Coast, my oldest daughter now wants a Cruze!!!"

Not overly exciting, but nice.

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Good Commuter"

Cons: "Weak Engine"

"There is not much to be excited about when it comes to the 1.4L engine, however the car is very reliable and I have yet to have any problems with it. The technology package is a nice upgrade and the leather seats are comfortable. As a taller man, I love the room in the front two seats however the back is a bit cramped. The trunk has a large amount of space for anything you'd need to take within a 4 door sedan. Great commuter."

pile of junk

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "good sound system."

Cons: "cheap interior; visibility stinks; underpowered"

"the reason i have a measly 57K is that this joke has spent entirely too much time in several dealerships for recalls/repairs. based on this vehicle, i will NEVER purchase another GM product"