2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,268 - $17,641.

10/6.8

Based on 413 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

great fuel economy

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage is incredible, quite ride, lot's of options"

Cons: "slow, severe turbo lag"

"I've had this car for 6 months now. Chose it after test driving a Civic, Avenger, Jetta and Fiesta..It had the quitest, most comfortable ride for a small car. The other options are great, especially the Civic and Jetta. The Cruze was just a more quiter ride and felt more comfortable then the other two. After driving this thing for a while iam blown away by the gas mileage and that is the best thing about this car. I have been averaging 36.3-37.6 in mixed driving 80/20 freeway street.I reset the fuel economy guage every two weeks. I drive 120 miles per day and I am getting over 500 miles per tank with no problem. The downside is that the car does not have much power and there is a serious turbo lag..sometimes it's downright scary when trying to merge..other then that..it's reliable and quite..surprisingly i get compliments quite often...to me it's just a dinky commuter car but the benefits of the price, fuel efficiency and overall value are awesome..even though the Civic was a cheaper option...this car simply looks better..."

I definitely like this car and would get another

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "good price, great gas mileage, sporty look and feel, and drives nice"

Cons: "low power but that is the trade off for the Pros"

"I rented a Cruz for a trip to florida and back. I was looking for low cost and I was able to get between 40-43 miles per gallon. The cruze is reasonably comfortable but I did find after 14 hours of driving, the drivers seat doesn't allow much repositioning. My knee would end up leaning against the warm/cool adjustment. I purchased the ECO which is manual transmission. The car is sporty looking and gets between 30-33 for my normal around town traveling. I get between 40-45 when I am traveling highway alone. The engine is a 1.4 liter so it is not a powerhorse by any means but then again, that is not why I purchased it. It definitely is impacted by having the AC when starting off. I can't comment on how much you would notice this in an automatic but I can definitely tell with the manual. I would definitely purchase this car again. the only thing I don't have is a lot of mileage to state how good it is for reliability over time."

An excellent car- worth more than sticker price

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "MPG, Fold-down back seats, radio, roomy interior, heated seats"

Cons: "center console door lock, no inside trunk release, loose steering <5mph, knee bumps dash knob"

"Finally- I found an American car that can compete with the imports. After driving Hondas, Toyotas, Fords, even a Subaru, we decided on the Cruze. The price was fair and it feels stylish inside and out. It handles very nicely and offers a very quiet ride. The radio has excellent sound and it is easy to navigate the menus. The MPG is excellent- I reset the display before each trip to see if I can get above 40 (and usually do)! If I am involved in an accident, the 10 airbags will certainly come in handy. I read that the best compliment you can pay to a car is saying “it drives like more expensive models.” The 2LT Cruze fits this description."

GREAT CAR! PEPPY,COMFY,CLEAN LINES

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pros: "ALL AROUND GREAT CAR AND FUN"

Cons: "REAR DRUM BRAKES!"

"DOWN SIDE,DRUM BRAKES IN REAR,AND STILL NOT COMING CLOSE ON MILAGE.. UPSIDE, GREAT INT.AND GREAT LINES. HANDLES GREAT,EXCEPT FOR REAR BRAKES.. MY VOTE WOULD BE, BUY ONE....R/S PACKAGE IS HOT"

This is one great compact car!!!

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Stylish compact car, great gas mileage and comfortable!!"

Cons: "Arm rest is too small."

"I searched for months for the a good car with everything I wanted, I wanted a sporty compact car with great gas mileage. When the information came out on the Cruze and I read a few reviews I knew this was the car for me. The Cruze LTZ Rally Sport is one sharp looking car, I get compliments on it all the time. Its comfortable, stylish, and has lots of room for a compact car. It goes around curves with ease. Its peppy when I need it and the gas mileage is awesome, I get around 40 mpg on the open road, in town its running me around 30 mpg. I will agree with those that the console armrest is too small. But otherwise I am a very happy Cruze owner. Great job GM!!"