2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,127 - $17,550.

10/6.8

8.4

Based on 444 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Beautiful Design But Disappointed with Noises

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Gorgeous design and classy interior."

Cons: "Irritating but mild noises."

"The design on this car has gotten positive comments from stangers, something I don't recall getting for my Toyota Corolla, which I traded in for the Cruze. It is a sharp-looking car for a reasonable price. What disappoints me, though, is that there has been a hollow rattle at times from the passenger side door area when going over modest bumps in the road, and now a buzzing from the middle dash area in acceleration. I'm hesitant to take it in for repair since I wonder if they will be able to locate the problem. If not for these cheaper tendencies, I would be even more eager to recommend the car. I've noticed a nice quiet ride otherwise but the car takes bumps in a bit different way than the Corolla; I think I prefer the Corolla in that area. This is a real nice car, but with the recent concerns from a leading consumer magazine, I wonder if it might go the way of the Cobalt. I sure hope not."

First American car I have ever owned

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Price, feel, drive, SAFETY, Reliability, OnStar"

Cons: "Haven't found any yet--This car rocks"

"Have owned foreign cars all my life. VW Jettas, and my lastest was an 2000 Audi A4 AWD. You can understand my hesitation about going into the Cruze. However, after repeatedly shelling out a minimum of $1000 every quarter for repairs on the Audi, I decided that I wanted something new and safe and all I could get approved for was a Chevy. Let's just say--the Chevy Cruze has converted me. I LOVE THIS CAR--For under $20,000, I'm driving a car that looks, feels, and handles like a car twice its price. Did I mention 10 airbags, including side airbags in the rear. I feel so much better that my family is safe. I've had the car for 6 months now, 8,000 miles and not a single problem. I'm also very proud that I'm supporting GM and not some foreign car company. We need to all start buying American cars--they are now equal, and in the case of the Cruze, better than their foreign competitors. BUY THE CRUZE!!!!!"

The Cruze is AWESOME!

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"I bought my Cruze in late August and absolutely love all the features -- I have the ST2(?) with leather interior, etc. plus the satellite radio and On Star package. I was driving on I-95 towards Miami yesterday, and was hit from behind. Just sustained some scratches to the rear bumper; but the best part: On Star - I hit my red button for help--and the operator was there -- just like Chevy shows on their tv ads! My cell phone battery was dead -- The product has already paid for itself - you cannot determine the ROI until you have to use it; but the safety when making hands free calling, directions assistance (especially when I get lost in downtown Miami), without having to use my cell when trying to drive, is awesome. The car is beautiful, drives like a dream, and I cannot ask for more. The reporting devices which measure tire pressure, gas mileage, # of miles left before refill, et al are extremely handy and a time saver. And, finally, this car is made in the USA; which means I am supporting our economy by buying a USA built car!"

Disappointed in the fuel economy!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Decent price"

Cons: "Should get much better fuel economy"

"I traded in a 2000 Corvette on this thinking I would, lower my payments, lower my insurance, and raise my fuel economy. All it did was lower my payments slightly. On the highway the Corvette would average 31 mpg's at 80mph. The Cruze is getting the same mileage. It's just crazy. They say 36mph highway for the Cruze, however I kept it at around 75mph on a recent road trip and it could do no better than 31.7. Very disappointing trade off. Not near as fun to drive and gets the same fuel economy. Granted it takes regular unleaded compared to premium, but it should be a larger fuel advantage too!"

I Love My Cruze!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "gas milage, comfort, quiet ride"

Cons: "none! Go Buy One!"

"I've had my Cruze for 1 year now and I couldn't be happier. My milage is great and fits me my wife and 2kids comfortably. I'm averaging 35.5mpg and easily get 425miles per tank of fuel. I feel proud to drive car from an American car company that is built right here in Ohio!"

Great Car for the price!

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "great on gas, looks good, RS model is fully loaded"

Cons: "lag in acceleration"

"I have had this beautiful car since February and have taken several long road trips already. I have the turbo RS model and wouldn't change anything. It is comfortable and great on gas. I love the room it has inside. It is a beautiful red color that gives it a very sleek and sporty look. If you are looking for a great gas economic vehicle with style, then this is the car for you. Even my teenage boys want to take it everywhere."

Great car

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Clean cut fast and GREAT ON GAS"

Cons: "slow throttle response on hot days"

"Overall this car is great. We have owned it for about two months now. We have had no major issues yet. We have noticed that when it is above 75 degrees out side that there is a major delay when you press on the gas pedal. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the turbo or not.."

Great Car!!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, looks very nice inside and out"

Cons: "Anmemic power"

"Very nice design inside and out. I am 6ft 245 lbs and have plenty of room, in fact if I put the seat all the way back the pedals are to far away. I have a loaded out LTZ with the turbo and am averaging 27.5 to 28.5 mpg suburb driving which is not highway but not a red light at every intersection either. We have a 3 yo and a 6 yo both obviously in car seats. I am a little cramped when I am driving and the 6 yo is in her seat behind me but not awfully and more than bearable. If the wife who is 5'2" is driving she doesn't even need to change her seat position. The car handles and corners very well. The power under acceleration is a little weak. The car is designed for fuel economy so maybe I am expecting to much but pulling out in traffic or accelerating to pass is a weak spot for the Cruze. If you are looking for a gas friendly compact car with good room inside and stylish looks inside and out I highly recommend the Cruze."

Best car in class.

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "great drive dynamics,plenty of fun with turbo,exce"

Cons: "Can't find anything to complain about, and/or chan"

Just having fun....Something has happened since then.

"I am completly satisfied with the fit,finish, and, its overall dynamics including gasoline mileage and handling...My own experience with mileage is 28 MPG in daily driving....Hard to beat !!"

Just having fun....Something has happened since then.

Great car!

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

"Got the Eco model, over 43mpg on a trip with 3 adults and the trunk loaded. Performance is great, the turbo really gives some zip."