2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,244 - $17,621.

10/6.8

Based on 421 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Very pleased with this car

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "Great mileage, looks good, instrument panel easy to use, fun to drive."

Cons: "Arm rest not usable (back too far)"

"I was looking for a new car for a low payment and ended up leasing this car with no money down. The reviews were that it was outselling the Civic and Corolla. I am very pleased with the car - the gas mileage is great. I am averaging 29 to 30 miles per gallon in the city. Highway miles are even better but i haven't taken a long trip yet. It's a sharp looking car and I love the way it handles."

Excellent Car! Better than the Rest

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

I want this car

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "None so Far"

"Excellent Car, been a VW owner for years and was very disappointed in the new ones out. This car has so much over on so many. Was a little worried about having a chevy over others BUT, it was the best of all we drove, VW, Toyota, Honda. Got to hand it to them, Very good job, fun, comfy, all the bells and whistles for a decent price. Way to go GM!"

very good car

By on Monday, September 05, 2011

"the car is reliable and safe good fora first car"

Great car for the price

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "Great milage and power"

Cons: "Interior a little tight"

"I bought this car 3 weeks ago and so far we love it. The gas milage is as they advertised in the window and that is the reason we went with the cruze over the malibu. The only thing I don't like is that the arm rest between the front seats is set to far back to really be of any use. The car has great power once the turbo spools but it lags pretty hard from a stop. It is a really fun car to drive and I wish you could hear the turbo just to make the driving experience a little more exciting. :) I hope this helps anyone looking to buy one. I would buy another one if we could."

AWESOME CAR! HANDLES AND RIDES COMFORTABLY

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

"A BIT SMALL FOR 4 PASSENGERS UNLESS 2 ARE CHILDREN. EXCELLENT AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM AND GPS. ACTUAL GAS MILAGE NOT UP TO PAR YET....COULD BE MANY FACTORS....NEW, AIR ON ALL THE TIME, AND OTHERS. I DO ENJOY DRIVING IT AND LOOK FORWARD TO A HIGHWAY TRIP@!"

Cruze Reliability

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

"We bought our cruze in January of this year. Loved the car... bought it for the gas mileage because I drive 86 miles a day to work. Well last week it started smoking.. had it towed to the service department. The engine control module went out and the part is on back order... but this is not a known problem with the vehicle. I am very disappointed in GM and not a very good experience for the first ever brand new vehicle I have ever bought."

Wonderful vehicle. Wouldn't want any other.

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "Good gas mileage, good comfort, lots of room, very easy to maneuver and drive."

"Very reliable, sleek, fuel efficient car that sacrifices nothing."

Great Value for Your $$$

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Great number of enhancements come standard"

Cons: "It is not a charger"

"The 2012 Chevy Cruze is the best compact car for your money. I have a wife and three kids and they all fit in the gar and have leg room. Granted, we don't drive the car for more than and hour and it is suitable for short trips (we take our minivan on long hauls)...no fighting for space. The car does get great milage on the interstate close to the 42 MPG advertised. We own the Chevy Cruz Echo...spend the money on ECO it is worth it. The Chevy Cruz Echo comes loaded with safety and power features. The car will be perfect to pass to my daughter in three years when she starts driving. The car has better pick-up then any compact I owned (Saturn SL1, Ford Festiva, and Kia Sephia). The car is also fun to drive. The trunk size is bigger than Honda Civic."

great fuel economy

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage is incredible, quite ride, lot's of options"

Cons: "slow, severe turbo lag"

"I've had this car for 6 months now. Chose it after test driving a Civic, Avenger, Jetta and Fiesta..It had the quitest, most comfortable ride for a small car. The other options are great, especially the Civic and Jetta. The Cruze was just a more quiter ride and felt more comfortable then the other two. After driving this thing for a while iam blown away by the gas mileage and that is the best thing about this car. I have been averaging 36.3-37.6 in mixed driving 80/20 freeway street.I reset the fuel economy guage every two weeks. I drive 120 miles per day and I am getting over 500 miles per tank with no problem. The downside is that the car does not have much power and there is a serious turbo lag..sometimes it's downright scary when trying to merge..other then that..it's reliable and quite..surprisingly i get compliments quite often...to me it's just a dinky commuter car but the benefits of the price, fuel efficiency and overall value are awesome..even though the Civic was a cheaper option...this car simply looks better..."

I definitely like this car and would get another

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "good price, great gas mileage, sporty look and feel, and drives nice"

Cons: "low power but that is the trade off for the Pros"

"I rented a Cruz for a trip to florida and back. I was looking for low cost and I was able to get between 40-43 miles per gallon. The cruze is reasonably comfortable but I did find after 14 hours of driving, the drivers seat doesn't allow much repositioning. My knee would end up leaning against the warm/cool adjustment. I purchased the ECO which is manual transmission. The car is sporty looking and gets between 30-33 for my normal around town traveling. I get between 40-45 when I am traveling highway alone. The engine is a 1.4 liter so it is not a powerhorse by any means but then again, that is not why I purchased it. It definitely is impacted by having the AC when starting off. I can't comment on how much you would notice this in an automatic but I can definitely tell with the manual. I would definitely purchase this car again. the only thing I don't have is a lot of mileage to state how good it is for reliability over time."