2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,264 - $17,747.

10/6.8

8.4

Based on 480 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

My wife refers to this vehicle as "my baby"

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "Looks, fuel efficiency, fun to drive"

"Purchased our Cruze LT with leather, upgraded wheels, 1.8 engine in Feb 2011 after testing Ford Fusion and Focus, Dodge something, Honda Accord (we have an older model also), Cheverolet Malibu. We were looking for comfort (I am 6' 3") great gas mileage, fun to drive, sharp looking. THe Focus was too small and spartan, the Fusion and Malibu too big with less MPG, Mailbu was not as "new looking". We kept comparing everything to the experience of the Cruze! This is the first new car we have ever purchased in our 22 years together."

I love this car

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Great price, performance, gas mileage, features!"

Cons: "None in my opinion"

"I have had my Cruze for 4 weeks and couldn't be happier with it. It is everything I could want in a car! It is so quiet I can't even hear the engine without a single rattle. The gas mileage has been awesome. The installed features such as rear park assist, remote start, Bluetooth, Sirius, onstar, stabilitrack, cruise control, etc are absolutely incredible! I drove my last 2 cars for almost 10 years each (1992 Subaru Loyale and 2002 Hyundai Elantra) and am looking forward to as many years with my Cruze. Way to go Chevrolet!!!! Finally after 35 years I can feel confident buying American again! Keep up the excellent work."

Good, but not great

By on Wednesday, July 01, 2015

"Pros: 6 speed manual, doesn't lunge and sometimes feels more like an auto in how it shifts. Easy standard car to drive. It's pretty the systems screen is handy, monitors all the vitals and other useful stuff. USB connection is handy, has hands free and SyriusXM Spacious interior and trunk Great on fuel economy, best I have gotten is 50 mpg driving at 50-55 mph. Average is closer to 40 with city/hwy combined. Cons: Keep hitting the onstar by accident when I move the mirror. It's annoying. The hands free button on the steering wheel is annoying. I try to change the station and activate hands free because it's touchy. Small fuel tank. Even though you get good fuel economy, it doesn't feel like it having to stop to fill up so often. It was designed this way to save weight, and thus, get better fuel mileage. Small con, but it bugs me. If the A/C is on, you have to really rev the engine up to get up and go. It's even worse with people in the car. The downside to a car that relies on a turbo for any real movement. A/C off and single driver, it's just enough to accelerate into a high speed lane. Poor aerodynamics on the front end. Too much turbulence on the windshield and it causes rocks from trucks to hit hard. Went through 2 windshields already. Do not stay near large trucks AT ALL, especially their rear 3/4 area. I had an eclipse that I would literally see the rocks ride the air current over my windshield. Definitely not the case here. Overall a good car, you won't regret buying it (assuming you have the 6-speed, I heard the auto has issues). Hope it lasts me a long time because I'm going back to buying, fixing, and driving old cars. There's no replacement for displacement."

This car cannot be beat for the money

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful with great gas mileage!"

Cons: "I am on my 2nd set of brake pads."

"Stylish, roomy, and the amazing gas mileage! I love this car and hate to part with it, but I moved to the mountains and I need 4WD."

Fun car to drive with turbo and 6 speed auto

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Turbo model with 6 speed auto way to go!"

Cons: "Getting slightly less on mpg's then expected."

"I have the 1lt, with the RS and fun/sun package with the moonroof and upgraded sound system. This is a great car to drive, love the 6 speed automatic transmission, very smooth and very quite car overall. Chevy MyLink 7 in. touch screen nice and back up camera is awesome. Great looks and styling upgraded interiors make this car look more expensive then it really is. Safe with 10 air bags. Good on gas and insurance rates."

Nice car overall

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

"Pros: Good looks LTZ RS. Great Power for a small engine. Great MPG. Good handling. Good stereo and hands free operation. Cons: High road noise. Voice commands are often misinterpreted due to the road noise. The climate controls are in a bad place and get bumped by passengers knees which turns off the auto climate control. This is annoying to constantly have to keep an eye on. Brake pedal has allot of travel and was this way from new. I drove a few and they were all this way, takes some getting used too. Engine lacks power at first but after it's broke in it has plenty for a 1.4 liter. I noticed a power increase after about 7,000 miles. Overall a great MPG car for the price but obviously some things could be improved."

50 plus on highway

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Milage"

Cons: "None."

"Purchased new Cruze ECO 10/12. As of 2/14, I have 65,000 miles on this car. I get 50 mpg + on the highway and average 40 mpg overall. This car has a 6 speed manual transmission. I have purchased a wheel and tire as this car comes with only a inflation pump with a sealant canister instead of a spare. The other oddity about this car is that it has drum brakes on the rear. Turbo provides excellent acceleration while maintaining gas milage."

Great Car I love it!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Fuel economy isn't the best on the LT trim"

"This is a very fun car to drive and very comfortable. Its the only car I have ever driven that I need to stop for bathroom break before I'm tired of sitting. It seems to be a good combination of fuel economy and power. I average in the low 30 mpg's on the road it's closer to 35 mpg."

Amazing car for a girl like me

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, reliable, comfortble, easy driving"

Cons: "LS features/manual side mirror and seat adjustment"

"I am originally from Missouri, I moved away from my parents to Oklahoma and purchased this car. This car has been maintence free since I drove it off the lot in 2011, of course besides oil changes/tire rotations. My parents were skeptical because if I had trouble with a car, it would be expensive, and this was not the case. This car has been nothing but reliable. I have the lowest model, and I regret that, I should've at least got the LT. I plan to have this car for many more years. I get great gas mileage in city and highway (28MPG combined in LA). I love my car. (-:"

This a solid car. I bought it for commuter car.

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

"This car has taken me all over the place. I have 31000 miles since june of 2011. Other than oil changes and the tire rotations, the only thing that has broken is the trunk button. 3 year 36000 miles covered it. I have the standard transmission, I have gotten over 40 mpg driving in Chicago traffic."