2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,267 - $17,758.

10/6.8

8.4

Based on 485 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Fun car to drive with turbo and 6 speed auto

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Turbo model with 6 speed auto way to go!"

Cons: "Getting slightly less on mpg's then expected."

"I have the 1lt, with the RS and fun/sun package with the moonroof and upgraded sound system. This is a great car to drive, love the 6 speed automatic transmission, very smooth and very quite car overall. Chevy MyLink 7 in. touch screen nice and back up camera is awesome. Great looks and styling upgraded interiors make this car look more expensive then it really is. Safe with 10 air bags. Good on gas and insurance rates."

Nice car overall

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

"Pros: Good looks LTZ RS. Great Power for a small engine. Great MPG. Good handling. Good stereo and hands free operation. Cons: High road noise. Voice commands are often misinterpreted due to the road noise. The climate controls are in a bad place and get bumped by passengers knees which turns off the auto climate control. This is annoying to constantly have to keep an eye on. Brake pedal has allot of travel and was this way from new. I drove a few and they were all this way, takes some getting used too. Engine lacks power at first but after it's broke in it has plenty for a 1.4 liter. I noticed a power increase after about 7,000 miles. Overall a great MPG car for the price but obviously some things could be improved."

50 plus on highway

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Milage"

Cons: "None."

"Purchased new Cruze ECO 10/12. As of 2/14, I have 65,000 miles on this car. I get 50 mpg + on the highway and average 40 mpg overall. This car has a 6 speed manual transmission. I have purchased a wheel and tire as this car comes with only a inflation pump with a sealant canister instead of a spare. The other oddity about this car is that it has drum brakes on the rear. Turbo provides excellent acceleration while maintaining gas milage."

Great Car I love it!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Fuel economy isn't the best on the LT trim"

"This is a very fun car to drive and very comfortable. Its the only car I have ever driven that I need to stop for bathroom break before I'm tired of sitting. It seems to be a good combination of fuel economy and power. I average in the low 30 mpg's on the road it's closer to 35 mpg."

Amazing car for a girl like me

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, reliable, comfortble, easy driving"

Cons: "LS features/manual side mirror and seat adjustment"

"I am originally from Missouri, I moved away from my parents to Oklahoma and purchased this car. This car has been maintence free since I drove it off the lot in 2011, of course besides oil changes/tire rotations. My parents were skeptical because if I had trouble with a car, it would be expensive, and this was not the case. This car has been nothing but reliable. I have the lowest model, and I regret that, I should've at least got the LT. I plan to have this car for many more years. I get great gas mileage in city and highway (28MPG combined in LA). I love my car. (-:"

This a solid car. I bought it for commuter car.

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

"This car has taken me all over the place. I have 31000 miles since june of 2011. Other than oil changes and the tire rotations, the only thing that has broken is the trunk button. 3 year 36000 miles covered it. I have the standard transmission, I have gotten over 40 mpg driving in Chicago traffic."

LT w/RS Package - Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "great fuel miliage, fun to drive"

Cons: "little pricey, but what car isn't in Alaska"

"Have the 2LT version with the RS package, so not only does it have the pep with the turbo, but the looks to go with it! Pretty good gas mileage, not quiet the 38 as advertized on the window sticker, but there are hills and plenty of “city” driving involved as well. With a good set of snow tires, I have no issues or worries driving this in the winter here in Alaska! Also have the two-tone leather seats/interior – reminds me of an even sportier car than what she really is! Not too shabby I must say!"

Great little car. LOVE it.

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pros: "price can always be better but not bad drives nice"

Cons: "a little small for me, but getting a custom to it"

"I had a great car before in a GMC Envoy 7 seater but fuel milage was only 16 and was killing us. This car I love everything about it. Great to park, Love the interior, Love the outside, LOVE the number at the gas pump...$96 Envoy TO $36 Cruze ECO per fill up and the Cruze gets more mpg's. LOVE IT, and it has more power....woooohooooo :). Now this winter might be a different thing...time will tell, no four wheel drive :(. We get 36mpg's around town driving. The sticker on the window said 26 - 39 mpg. On my trip to Myrtle Beach this summer we were getting 42.3 on the way home until we got in a lot of traffic on I95 and still ended up getting 40.1mpg :). We had the car LOADED with stuff (a lot of trunk room for a little car..p.s. I had my golf clubs in there too...woooo...hoooo) LOVE IT! I may buy another one to replace my Avalanche for everyday driving! But I need to keep at least one 4 wheel drive living in the mountains of PA."

Nice Car but could be just a little better

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pros: "manual shifting is great for constant stop and go."

Cons: "Does not perform well off the line."

"The car has a nice look and has comfortable seats that are good at holding you in place. The adjustable steering is great. Handling in very good and will impress you. The sound system is very nice and sounds great. There is room for improvement with the automatic shifting as it tends to downshift early and produces a jerking feeling. The car needs more torque as it tends to be rather sluggish off the line but improves greatly once in 5th and 6th gear. You will not be winning any races with this car so if you are looking to run with the faster cars keep looking."

Wonderful vehicle

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Style. Fuel economy. Comfort"

Cons: "No spare tire. Slow acceleration."

"Bought it used and it's an amazing car. Those who don't get good gas mileage, try resetting your average speed and fuel economy when you fill up. I've gotten 40 mpg on the highway numerous times! It's very comfortable to ride in (never rode in the back seat though). Speakers are so-so...and to be honest, it doesn't come with a spare tire and I wish it did. Instead it comes an air compressor and if you're lucky, fix a flat. So if you have a complete blow out, hello wrecker bill! The braking does take some getting used to as well as the slow acceleration at start off. I love it otherwise."