2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,535 - $18,906.

10/6.8

Based on 372 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Much better than Corolla and Civic

By on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

"My LT2 model has everything you could need in a car. The infotainment system is top notch when the Pioneer premium option is included. This car is solid and I can see why this scored the highest yet on NHTSA and IIHS safety tests. The LT2 was $22,500 which is a fair price, but not as cheap as Hyundai/Kia models, thus the 4 star only rating on value. It does offer so much more than the Corolla which looks and feels like a third world taxi in comparison. A Civic EX-L costs more and has no infotainment unless you add the Navi option at $2K more. The 1.4L turbo is good on hills and around town, but it needs better gearing on the highway as 65mph with the 6 speed auto is 2500 rpm. I have averaged 29.2 mpg in a 50/50 city/highway mix for the first 3000 miles. Best tank was 41.5 mpg for all 55 mph highway speeds and worst was 22.1 for a long, slow slog through blizzard conditions from New London, CT to home. The 215-60-16 Firestone FR710 tires did perform well in the snow for fairly hard compound all season tires. They can be a bit slippery in the wet, but the stability control keeps the car in line. The Cruze is a great smaller car and should be on the top of anyone's list who wants a good handling and economical car with an upscale interior beyond its class."

What did GM's Cruze Lose?

By on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

"I have been eagerly anticipating the release of GM’s Cruze since it first appeared on the horizon, a compact chocked full of technology forward engineering economy and the first to bring Flex Fuel Vehicle (FFV) technology to a fuel efficient compact. So imagine my surprise when after negotiating my best deal at my local dealer when my excitement of the vehicle’s capability to run on E85 a fuel produced in America was met with a blank stare. He went on to explain that “FFVs have yellow gas caps, and the Cruze doesn’t.” In simple terms on the way to market the Cruze did lose its FFV capability un-noted in most arenas and media outpourings. So just when it seemed GM was about to get ahead of the curve and lead the class, it manages to lose that first and probably more. Maybe GM should look at re-badge it the cobalt redux or the cavalier tres, because what the Cruze brings to the compact market isn’t new, everything it offers some other company already does, and might do better. I expect that the share of the market the Cruze settles into will be no better than that of its aforementioned predecessors when the honeymoon period of Cruze sales passes. How unremarkable this story and this “new” offering has become on its way to the consumer."

Very Happy!

By on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

"I recently purchased a LT Cruze and so far am very happy with it. Coming out of an Impala, I thought I would be giving up both ride quality and comfort, however I seem to be sacrificing neither of them."

The more I drive it the more I like it.

By on Monday, February 07, 2011

"It's taking me a little while to figure out all the controls for all of the functions, but it has a load of features that I really like. I have the connectivity package which is really proving worthwhile. I noticed another review with a mention of poor mileage, but so far I have achieved just under 30 MPG in suburban driving and about 33.5 in a combination of highway and suburban, about 50/50. The power of the 1.4L turbo is impressive, given the lack of displacement. It certainly has decent power given the engine size. Overall, I love it so far, hopefully I will say the same after 5 years and 150,000 miles."

US Automotive is Back

By on Monday, February 07, 2011

"My Cruze is a LTZ RS with only Navigation missing from the configuration. This is a sharp head turning car,.. great interior and exterior styling. Turbo engine is responsive, handling is impressive. I know it sounds crazy, however I would put this up against Jaguar X-Types and BMW 300 series as a great value and alternative"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25