2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,288 - $18,703.

10/6.8

Based on 430 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

It needs better seats

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "Solid little car"

Cons: "Worst seat ever"

"I gave my son my 2000 Chevy Prizm and got a 2014 Chevy Cruze LT. After getting the car, I found the manual driver seat so bad that I could not sit on it for more than 20 minutes. It's so uncomfortable and I have to keep adjusting and twisting while driving the car. To the point that I traded the Cruze to my son so I can drive the Prizm. I wish GM designs better seat in this car. The front of the seat could not tilt down, which makes it worse. I am thinking of selling the car soon. Besides the driver seat, the car drives very nice."

Love my Cruze RS

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, gas mileage, stereo, moon roof"

Cons: "smaller back seats"

"I love the Cruze. It looks nice and is comfortable. I switched from a Cadillac to the Cruze and don't regret it. I have the cloth seats that squeak a bit, but will be taking it to the dealer to fix. My only thought is the back seats are small if you need to put three people back there. Love the phone, blue tooth, rear camera, stereo system, and moon roof. Great car so far."

So far its a winner.

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, handeling, functionality and power."

Cons: "Could use more power outlets, 2 not enough."

2013 Chevy Cruze

"Still drives like new. Mostly highway mileage. Handles great, tight as a drum. Everything works, no problems except the catalytic converter was changed at aprox. 50k at no charge. Gas mileage is 34 to 38 mpg."

2013 Chevy Cruze

wonderful vehicle

"perfect for me"

No room in backseat

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "looks great, the milage is great, large trunk"

Cons: "no room in back seat for a adult,"

"My 80 year old mother and our 2 year old grandson took a long trip last summer in my new cruse, we did not have a fun trip.There was no room in the front to move, nor to put any thing n front of you also the cup holders are to far back. My poor grandson had no room to move n the back seat with out placing the front seat all the way up, then my mom did not have room. The mileage was great 40 mpr, but after 3 hours we had to stop anyway to stretch our legs."

Excellent Gas Mileage

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "gas, space"

Cons: "nothing really"

"Plenty of room up front for a compact car, but a bit snug in the back. Trunk has plenty of space. Great gas mileage, best of any vehicle I have owned yet. I bought the 2013 in 2013, so I think I overpaid, but otherwise good deal. Couple recalls, but that's a risk on any purchase. As other reviews stated, some lag when pushing the gas from a stop, and a little jerky at some stops (think manual). Nothing extreme or annoying."

good look, comfortable, well made

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

"I've had it for four years now and it's been great. It's the first vehicle I've had that never gives me problems, and that I never want to get rid of. Love the car and hope it lasts a long time."

Comfortable and fuel-efficient

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "MPG, comfort, quiet ride, handling"

Cons: "No rear cup holders"

"I just bought my second Cruze Eco manual. My previous Eco easily gave me 45-47 mpg on interstates at 70 mph. On rural roads at 60 mph, I frequently get in the low 50s for mpg. Around town, I've never gotten below 30 mpg. The car is very comfortable on long trips. The front seats are very comfortable, but the back seats are not comfortable for adults on long trips. Our teen daughters find the back seats fine, though. Trunk is spacious. The ride is quiet. The car feels steady and firm. The interior looks classy, and the controls are easy to use. The bright red exterior looks fantastic. Only complaint - why does the Eco base model not have cup holders in the rear seats?"

Not overly exciting, but nice.

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Good Commuter"

Cons: "Weak Engine"

"There is not much to be excited about when it comes to the 1.4L engine, however the car is very reliable and I have yet to have any problems with it. The technology package is a nice upgrade and the leather seats are comfortable. As a taller man, I love the room in the front two seats however the back is a bit cramped. The trunk has a large amount of space for anything you'd need to take within a 4 door sedan. Great commuter."

Loved the 12 Cruze. But been driving BMW for 12 yr

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Very nice ride. Plenty of good looks. Nice price."

Cons: "Only issue is the 4cylinders they all use now."

"2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat (upgrade $325) which is seen one many other Chevy models. Loved the interior with the white letter and stitching, Very comfortable, getting in and out. Easy to use all technical widgets and fidgets, on and off the steering wheel, which was also leather. I missed my sun roof, but not all that much. However, if I had ordered the car, I would still have had left the roof out. But, what where once options are now standard. NICE. My father-in-law, had worked for Chevy, so we had always got that GM discount. NICE. Our younger days included the first four door Chevy Baby Blazer, we also had a beautiful black T-Topped Monte Carlo, until the kids came along and so did the Chevy Celebrity Wagon, and then 2 Pontiac Montanas, a Pontiac GTP Grand Prix and a Pontiac Bonneville, which had then lead us to our last GM product at that that time. A black Pontiac Vibe, which my wife absolutely loved and hated to trade in. Having driven BMW 3 series company cars and x3s for my wife, your driving habits change. I didn't need to apply pressure to the brakes as soon as I had to on the Cruze. The same with the power. As I am well aware of the down sizing of most sedans and compacts, going from 300 hp to 140 hp really did take me a while to adjust. I came within inches of buying my first Camero ( White, with 2 Orange racings stripes), but just could not make the move. Since the grands kids are still in booster seats and missing those two extra doors was a huge factor. Heck, I should have bought one anyway. So what lead to my current buy, was sentimental. When I met my wife 31 yeas ago, I had a little 2 door, red, VW, hatchback. I guess what is now the Golf (or Fox, Rabbit). with a 4 shift manual on the floor. I loved it. So now I have a new 4 door VW Golf GTI, which has evolved quite a bit on the interior, and besides, the sentimental past, it gives me an additional 50% of hp. And brakes that I almost recognize. Nice Hatchback. So sentimental feelings, got me to my current car Golf GTI. (Rabbit or Fox)."

Very Nice Car

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Acceleration slow sometimes"

"Had it for a year so far and it is a really good car. It drives well, saves gas and takes the punishment of a 300 mile drive round trip to work every day. The only problem so far is taht when getting to a stop sometimes the transmission feels like if it was hit from the back. Check the reviews online about this"

Everything my Prius isn't.

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun too drive."

Cons: "Poor in snow."

"Born of the failed Daywoo,Chevrolet got it right.The Cruze is everything my Prius is not.Firm speed sensitive steering, rally feel in the suspension, the HOT Opel German 1.8 liter engine and 6 speed GM tran'y. The wide/ low profile tires on 16 inch steel wheels under the Australian Holden body steals the show from others.The 30 mpg's ok but that's why I also have a Prius."

Awesome fuel economy with the ECO

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive great fuel economy"

Cons: "recalls"

"love the Cruze ECO. Have the manual trans and lifetime average after 3 years and almost 41k miles is 45 MPG. Best was 51 MPG!!!!"

I like this car, it is a best family car.

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Great designed car with great value."

Cons: "No GPS and all you need is there. Fuel efficiency"

"I like this car but because of my family size, I am planning to buy a new car which is bigger than this hansy car. I don't think the person who buy this car will regret in future. It is really a good car for a small family."

I *LOVE* my Cruze!

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, easy to handle"

Cons: "Small arm rest compartment between front seats."

"Just the right size, easy to handle, good gas mileage, lots of nice features. It came with summer & winter floor mats and a complete new tire (not a doughnut or patch). Woweewow!"

Better than expected

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Unrealistic economy, mid 50's hwy, 38-46 city-mix."

Cons: "No memory seat/mirror option."

"Quiet and comfortable. Economy exceeds the rating. Well designed ergonomics. Enjoyable to drive, even on longer trips. More powerful than it deserves to be."

Excellent Choice for looks handling and mileage

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "superior gas mileage; good handling"

Cons: "a bit rough in the sound system"

"I absolutely love my Cruze. The gas mileage cant be beat and the handling on and off paved highways is excellent. I put 450 to 500 miles weekly on my Cruze going to and from work and class. I really appreciate having a car that is fantastic on gas mileage. I only need to fill up every 8 days. (I do have the 6 speed so I am not sure what the automatic does). Highway mileage is also superior I can drive 540 miles on a long trip (yes that is one way)then run 5 towns over and back (40 miles round trip) and still have gas left over. I will admit that it is only .5 gallon but I wanted you to see the impact of the mileage. I also love the look of the Cruze. The lines are symmetrical and cabin design has strong design (though I would like a bit more leg room as my legs are really long)."

15K miles and almost 2 Years in - Still very happy

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "Gets great gas mileage. Good electronics pkg."

Cons: "Some blind spots for short driver."

"I was never a fan of Chevy's over the years, but when it came time to buy a new car a couple of years ago, when all of the comparisons were made, it came down to the Cruze or a Fit. I liked the Cruze better after some test drives, and so bought it. This car has gotten us through some winter weather that was so severe that even FWD vehicles were having trouble. Rain, snow, hot, cold, this car has handled them all without a single problem. In daily commute service, it gives a solid 37 MPG. It is very sensitive to driving technique. If you drive it conservatively and use some hypermiling techniques it will reward you with astounding mileage. I have had stretches of 20-30 miles where it was showing more than 50 MPG. On the other hand, if you drive like an agressive leadfoot, the mileage will drop to a very disappointing number in the low 20's. Its up to the driver. So far, at 15K miles, the only thing it has needed was oil changes and tire rotations. No other maintenance of any sort has been required. When the 2nd car in the family needed replacement a few months ago, we biought another Cruze."

Excellent Vehcile

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

Pros: "Price"

Cons: "Rear Seat leg room"

"I bought the vehicle to be a commuter to and from LA. The vehicle is an excellent car. Excellent gas mileage and able to maneuver in and out of traffic with ease."

Excellent gas mileage.

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "45-47mpg on highway; 30-35mpg in town"

Cons: "Poor A/C"

"Bought the car new in 2011. We are a single-car retired household and the Cruze has served us well--very comfortable for the two of us and very economical."

love this car

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "pric,e suspension"

Cons: "eco boost"

"had a colbalt and thought it was great but the cruze is more than i expected"

nice ride

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "not good in snow"

"although a comfortable car with good gas mileage in New York winters it is too light in the snow and slides a lot."

Nothing but problems...

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage. with the eco we average 32mpg"

Cons: "Mechanical problems"

"We loved our Cruze for the first year of owning it but after that we have had nothing but mechanical problems. We have had to change the water pump, radiator fan and regulator and now there is a whistling nose that we can not figure out when we are on the highway and it is hot out. The radiator fan would only run in the high setting and the car seems to burn fluid as if there is a leak. I would not recommend the 2011 Cruze to anyone.... Hopefully the newer models have these problems figured out."

Great little car. Needs more back seat floor room

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "great fun good price i'm leasing it 3yrs 36 000"

Cons: "needs cruse control"

"great dealer .sales rep"

Fantastic value, 31 mpg constantly, mechanically

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

"superb car, perfect snap and mechanically same as new….."