2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,595 - $20,014.

10/6.8

Based on 413 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, August 12, 2011

Pros: "Looks, ride quality, handling, interior, fuel economy, trunk space. It's super quiet!"

Cons: "None."

"After several SUV's, a German sedan, a truck, and a sports car, I have to say this is the best overall car--and the best value--I have had in over 35 years of car ownership. It looks great and is amazingly solid, quiet, and smooth. I took it on a long road trip just after buying it, and I grinned every time I sat in it. It's not a hot rod, but it has plenty of power for any driving that normal people do. To me, it has a great combination and balance of all the best atttributes of other cars. I got 40 MPG highway at one point, with a full load and the A/C running. I test drove the competition, and in my mind, there is no competition--the Cruze is far and away the best. It looks, feels, and drives like a much more expensive car. I was an automotive engineer in my previous life (not with GM), and I think GM has literally hit one out of the ball park. In addition, my local salesman and dealer went way above and beyond the call of duty to locate a Cruze with the options I wanted, to let me test drive different models multiple times, to answer my questions, and to make sure I was happy with everything."

LIKE THE CAR

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

"Well I love the style of the car but just having it after 14 days I had to take it in to the shop. Everytiime I would drive in the hottest time of the day it would start making this noise (a loud humming). They told me the couldn't hear it. So then I took it back two more times after but everytime I would start going to the dealership service department it would not make the noise. But at 2000 miles the noise got louder and was lasting longer; not just in the hottest time of the day. Finally, they service adviser heard the noise. What they said that was making the nosie was my A/C hoses where hitting the firewall and so they moved them from that location. Sometimes I hear the noise but once again everytime I take it in they don't here it. Now the next thing that has happen with this car is that everytime I would drive between the speeds of 65-70 there was this noise that sounded like my belts were going out. So glad that wasn't the case but the case was that the front windshield was not set right the molding was loose. The dealership had to remold the windshield back. The front passenger seat and air bag detection doesn't work that well. My niece who weighs about 130 was sitting in the seat and the air bag did not detect that she was there but after moving the seat back and forward and her getting in and out serval times it finally detected her. Need to take this into the shop. Maybe they can fix it. Other than these few things I stated I really enjoy the car."

Great little car

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pros: "good price great mpg"

Cons: "small arm rest"

"Bought this car for my son he loves it and has no problems with it so far. He has also been very impressed with the local dealership service department. About 30 mpg most driving in town with a lead foot, very impressed with acceleration. Only con is the arm rest is to small."

Check your specific car closely before buying

By on Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pros: "Interior and handling"

Cons: "paint quality and exterior body panel quality control issues (thus far)"

"First let me say I am a loyal gm buyer. I have owned at least 6 other gm cars in my life and the cruze will be the 4th new gm car I have purchased. The good about the cruze is the interior design. This is one of the most comfortable compact cars I have ever sat in. I am 6'2" and between the range of adjustment on the steering wheel and the power seat I have no issue finding a good driving position. I think the engine delivers good performance for the segment the car. Trunk space is also excellent. Now the bad. The quality control on the exterior and some interior on this car is terrible. What I thought was a simple door adjustment (some wind noise and hard to close)turned into multiple exterior body panel gaps out of alignment. The dealer had to basically realign the entire front half of the car and three doors. Took them over a week. Now that the adjustments were done the factory bolts which are painted over are now chiped (not the fault of the dealer they had to do it to adjust the panels). Only way to fix that is to repaint which will lead to other issues. Basically, instead of a new car off the factory line I now have a half rebuilt car which looks like it has had major body work when in fact it was to correct a workmanship issue from the factory. Look very closely at all body gaps on the car you purchase and if the door seems a little tight or some weather stripping seems crushed more than others have it inspected before purchasing the specific car. Also, lots of debris in paint (under clear). This is from factory not repainted (at least not based on the digital paint guage) and visible under my work lights in the garage. Didnt notice on delivery under the sunlight. I have filled a complaint with gm customer service and if possible will provide updates here."

see below

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "Good mileage, handling, drivability."

Cons: "Unmcomfortable seats after driving for a couple of hours."

"Rented the car in Boston, drove ~1500 mi in a week, mostly highway. Handled well, ran great, had good pick-up, even in NH mtns., good (40's) gas mileage. Uncomfortable (narrow) seats after a couple of hours (I'm 6'1", 185#). Plenty of legroom in the front; can't say about the back, and lots of trunk room."