2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,626 - $20,023.

10/6.8

Based on 393 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Geat Value, Excellent MPG, Comfortable, Reliable

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "MPG, smooth ride"

"Excellent MPG summer, very good MPG in winter. Driving habits can significantly affect MPG. Ours averages 33, up to 36+ HW. Exceptional commuter car, very good for longer trips. Reasonable power, sufficient HW performance. Quiet and smooth ride, comfortable for 4 adults despite economy size. Likewise, the trunk is big, for the size of the car. 6 speed transmission and 4 cyl engine take some getting used to. XM radio, blue tooth, Aux USB all enhance the experience."

Great Car for the Money but Not Great on Gas

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Great gadgets for the price point"

Cons: "No int trunk release; no unlock button pasngr door"

"I bought the Cruze 2LT in a pinch because my Jeep Grand Cherokee was stolen and totaled. The Jeep was a V8 so I was used to power and pick up. This car is lacking a little in that area, it hesitates and revs to 4 or 4.5 to punch it when getting on the highway or accelerating to pass but, overall, I'd say it's a great car for the money. I love the standard heated seats, bluetooth capability, and USB. It also has capability for OnStar and Satellite radio. Good gas mileage was up there on the list of must haves and though this car says it good on gas 26city/38hwy, I tend to believe otherwise. I just returned from a 466 mile one way highway trip and it took 23 gallons of gas. That comes to about 20 miles per gallon. The reviews say it should have used only approx 15-17 gallons. Oh, and that's on a fresh oil change too. Not sure what the deal is but I'm definitely going to check. I haven't yet gotten any recall items fixed, perhaps that will do the trick. Nonetheless, I'd buy the car again and that's what counts."

The car is just fun to drive.

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Looks good,fun to drive,turbo engine."

Cons: "Don't know of any."

"This chevrolet Cruse LT has a Turbo engine. The car has all the latest technology that one would want. The car gets great mileage and has the power when you need it. The car has new tags and registration.This is a savings of 295.18 dollars."

Sweet Ride

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

"Very Nice Ride. Quiet, Lots of Guts when you need them. Roomy on the inside and in the trunk. Drives really nice corners well. Overall I really like this Cruze and recommend."

Very Strong Engine but Lacks Comfort

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Engine,Looks,Pioneer Stereo"

Cons: "Leather Seats,Little Center Armrest"

"This car has very strong engine and looks very good with RS package. The downside is the leather seats! They are very uncomfortable and make your back sweat really bad in the summer."

Love my 2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT

By on Sunday, June 15, 2014

Pros: "Amazing MPG, Great Features, quiet Drive, Reliable"

Cons: "None!!"

"Wonderful vehicle! In town with A/C or Heat on= 34mpg. Hwy with A/C or Heat on about 38mpg. On a regular day, on the HWY I get 42.3mpg! 5 Star overall crash rating! The Cruze is More spacious than it looks! Including a spacious trunk. Great drive, smooth ride, and high quality noise reduction. I will always buy Chevrolet. You get what you pay for, and with Chevrolet, only the best quality!"

Great little car!

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and very economical"

Cons: "AC destroys acceleration"

"Love this little car! My only dissatisfaction with it is that in the summer when the AC is running, the Cruze has no pickup power unless I floor it which is not good for mileage. Otherwise, it's been a great car."

Great on gas. Suspension - not so good.

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, handling & take-off are great."

Cons: "Weak suspension."

"I own a 1013 Cruze manual transmission. Gas milleage is great and have avaraged 48 M/G on a 400 mile trip staying off the highway. Highway milleage runs about 40-43 M/G. Take-off with the manual has kept me side by side with a Mustang. Suspension is to weak. If you drive a lot of rough roads or hit a lot of speed bumps, it will wear out quickly. It is a great car, just wish it had a better suspension. For this reason I'm thinking of trading for something else."

GREAT VEHICLE FOR THE PRICE RANGE

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "GREAT MPG, COMFORTABLE, HANDLES VERY WELL"

Cons: "NO INTERIOR TRUNK RELEASE - VERY INCONVENIENT"

"HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE CHEVROLET CRUZE. AFTER 3 YEARS OF OWNERSHIP, HAVE HAD NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS OR REPAIRS. VERY GOOD MPG 27 COMBINED 36 OPEN HIGHWAY. HANDLES WELL AND A GOOD PERFORMER. TURBO 4 CYLINDER ENGINE. GO FOR IT!"

First new car. Thrilled! Wouldn't sleep in it.

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful interior. Comfortable."

Cons: "No or small arm rest. Not a Corvette"

"I bought this car for the gas mileage. It's an LT 1.4 Liter Turbo. I am a delivery driver. I went from a Taurus and 16mpg to the Cruze and 25.8mpg. Doing the math at 18,000 miles a year, this car will pay for itself after 175,000 miles on fuel cost savings alone. I really enjoy this car. I love the digital display and information the computer provides. I find the front seat to be super comfortable with lots of space. The controls are easy to reach. I rented a Cruze in 2012 for a winter drive to Yellowstone National Park. I did pull over for a nap somewhere in Montana and ended up with a backache after dozing off in the driver's seat. As for the sluggish starts, I notice it happens when I hit the gas too hard from a stop. I've also noticed hard shifting caused by over acceleration by me, thus my 25.8mpg."

handles well, good acceleration, bad in snow

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "decent sound, reasonably priced"

Cons: "not for Jersey winters"

"no repairs needed in 3 years. dependable and able to manuever quickly. a disaster in snowy conditions, snow tires or good weather mandatory"

Vehicle ride is good. Driver visibility is poor.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "rides well. great gas mileage"

Cons: "driver safety issue: poor driver visibility"

"Although the car rides well and has great gas mileage, the driver visibility has been unsafe many times. There are blind spots on the driver's side and passenger side, as well as the rear. I removed the rear headsets. The airbag on the windshield blocks the driver's view. Too many times have I come to a stop and did not see either the pedestrians or car entering in front of me, also occurs upon turning on the road. The safety design on the vehicle should be revisited. I will trade in this car."

A safe, economical and fun car to drive.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Backseat legroom & no spare"

"Ovarall extremely pleased with this vehicle. We've enjoyed the 6 speed transmission. Average mileage for 67K is 43 mpg. Highest on trip was 53 mpg. A bit disappointed with gas mileage in town. The gearing of transmission very 'tall'. As result can stall vehicle at low speeds in 2nd gear. A very comfortable car for front seat passengers. The backseat leg room is a bit tight. A good ride and very quiet. A great highway car."

Amazing handling, interior quality, touch screen

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "back seat"

"My grandmother is leasing this vehicle, its a 2LT with the RS package, She loves it, and I drive it sometimes to do things around town. I enjoy driving this car more than my mothers camry. For a 1.4 its amazing how well it responds to the throttle. I love the manual mode. Interior panels are solid, doors shut like a GM. Ride quality is not suffering due to the size. Rides as good as a mid to full size sedan. Sucks in all the northern maine ruts and heaves. (mind you I drive a 1999 GMC suburban)"

Sips fuel. Easy to drive. Ultra smooth ride.

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Great price. Easy to drive."

Cons: "Blind spot@door posts meet windshield. Ergonomics"

"Love the various digital read-outs, e.g., the car recently "informed" me that it has sipped 570 gals of fuel in 2 years. I also like that it estimates fuel mileage every 25, 50 or 100 miles to let me know how I'm driving. At nearly $4/gal for gas, I want a sipper, not a gulper. It has loads of pep; you will enjoy all 6 gears! Ultra smooth ride, Cadillac-like, for a coupe. During winter snow, I was amazed by the ABS assist which pumps brakes & prevents sliding. I was used to driving out of a skid by turning my wheels away from the skid. Large trunk will hold almost everything. For my small frame, the interior design and overall ergonomics are not as comfortable or as adjustable as other similar cars. A good Chevy!"

GOOD GAS MILAGE FUN TO DRIVE A VERY SAFE CAR

By on Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pros: "VERY SAFE CAR TO DRIVE"

Cons: "ALMOST USLESS BACK SEAT"

"LOVE THE SAFE FEELING CRUZE GIVES ME. ON STAR SAVED ME QUITE A FEW TIMES LOVE THE 60TH ON SERIUS AND THE TELEPHONE. I WENT FROM A LARGE VAN TO THIS VERY SMALL CAR,I FEEL AS IF I HAVE TO FOLD MYSELF IN HALF TO GET IN. BACK SEAT IS ALMOST USLESS AND IF THE DRIVERS SEAT AND PASSANGER SEAT ARE THE SAME, DRIVER CANNOT SEE OUT OF THE BACK RIGHT WINDOW. I WILL BY ANOTHER CHEVY IN ANOTHER YEAR. BUT, A BIGGER MODEL."

Dont Hate It

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "good on gas, great for getting in small spaces"

Cons: "cup holders are small, upgrades arent worth the $$"

"I bought this car hoping to save money on gas from downsizing from a Ford Explorer XLT, I really love it for the most part. The backseat is worthless for any full size adult, its too small for anyone to sit. Even with my seat somewhat forward my 2 year old sons feet rest on the back of my seat. The push start can be finicky, and I wish I would have stuck with key ignition. Engine fan can be extremely loud. I think I paid way too much money for what I have, but overall the car hasn't failed me."

Great Little Car!

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "great value, drives great"

Cons: "exterior styling, trunk space"

"I completely recommend this car to anyone on a budget who's looking for a nice car that's also fun to drive. Ive had my Cruze for over a year now and I have not had a single problem. I have a daily commute of about 50 miles and even with continuous wear my Cruze has held up wonderfully. Before this I had a Focus of about the same price and the Cruze is a much better value. If you opt for the premium audio and the 1.4 turbo you won't regret it. The audio upgrade is well worth it, and the 1.4 turbo gives this car more than enough power, especially on the freeway. Also, the Cruze rides like a much more expensive vehicle than it is. Great in the snow"

WORST CAR EVER !!!!!!!!

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Looks Good, better than the competition."

Cons: "Mediocre Comfort , AVOID."

"I purchased this car 3 month ago, since then i have got back pain and also i have a terrible pain in my right leg and is worst every time a ride this junk. Seats are so hard and external padding is too high, i use a cushion but i continue in the same way, i tried to trade in to a different car but in the process i can lose more than $4000.00. Also when i turn on the air conditioning comes a chemical odor from the air vents, i have to open all windows until it disappear. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS CAR. I decided to buy this car because i have always been a GM fan, all my cars in the past were from this company except a Fusion that was terrible too."

Good car and great MPG!

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG! Get the Turbo version!"

Cons: "only seats 4 adults comfortably."

"Good car that gets great MPG! No problems and would recommend to others."

Very sharp! Surprisingly nimble! Midsize features!

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Looks inside & out, features, feel & handling, MPG"

Cons: "Road noise on country roads. Radio reception."

"First off I am an Auto mechanic so I work & drive all different types of cars. We have a 2012 Cruze LTZ we purchased 2 years ago & we have been very pleased with it. First off the car has the look of a very expensive German car with the big bold front end very sharp lines. The interior is just as nice & very well laid out. The dash with the chrome outline & blue backlighting is very appealing. Lots of leg room in the front. Every vehicle I have owned (& I'm in my 40's) I have the seats moved all the way back but on this car I have to actualy scoot the seat up a little. Pioneer sound system sounds excellent minus poor radio reception. Window locks also child lock the back doors which is a plus when you have little ones. About the only issue with the interior is the cloth on the dash which in time I believe will fade due to too much sun but hasn't faded just yet. Performance is surprisingly quick for a car with low horsepower rating. With the turbo makes it feel like if has 200 hp. Also gets close to 40 MPG on road trips & just over 30 in town. Handling is excellent with a sports car feel. Sometimes you hear a little extra road noise on some country roads. Features like not having to take your key out of your pocket to lock, unlock or start your car, remote start, & on star just to name a few make this car very desirable. I would absolutely recommend this car to anyone!"

Best car ever

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage. Looks good"

Cons: "Price was a bit high, but worth it."

"I have been driving for 50+ years now, and usually purchase a new car every 2-3 years. I have to admit this 2012 Cruze (purchased new) is the best one yet. I get close to 38mpg on the highway (LTZ), and around town it's always above 30mpg. It has all the option anyone could ever need. An excellent car all around."

Great little car, with 40+ MPG on the highway!

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Price, mpg, dash layout, comfort all good."

Cons: "No rear cupholders, slow accel., front elbow room"

"Quality car. A little slow in accelerating, but it's a Cruze "Eco," so that's not at all unexpected. May be a bit small for some - looks like a Malibu "mini-me" inside! Over 40 mpg on the highway, and over 30 mpg in town."

45 mpg highway, measured in 10K increments

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "45mpg"

Cons: "cheap floor mats"

"bought used with 49K miles, last 52K miles, average 45mpg highway, measured via the fuel consumed gauge in 10K increments. range has been 44-46. Tank measurements vary from 42 to 49. Comfortable to drive, lots of seat adjustments, very roomy, large trunk with lay-down seats, fun to shift 6 speed, durable interior. Mine is a 2011, identical to new ones i believe. Very good quality sound on phone link, sending and receiving."

First Chevrolet Ever!

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Love My Link and Onstar"

Cons: "Needs a trunk release on the dash."

"I have owned this car since 8/29/2013, with 6065 miles as of today. So far I have had no issues with the car. Very reliable, and enjoyable to drive. Goes great in snow and bad weather. Mileage is better than advertised in town and as advertised on the highway."