2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,359 - $19,872.

10/6.8

8.4

Based on 464 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

PRICE MEETS VALUE

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pros: "luxury in a small package!"

Cons: "needs more cup hoders! always!!!"

"My Chevy Cruze had been my favorite car purchase to date. Although I enjoyed the mechanics of my prior Checy, 2009 Cobalt, the cruze steps it up a notch. Its classy design is what drew me to this vehicle in the first place. I was pleasantly pleased with the price and all the featured fitted my need at the time. She has been good to me and I to her. Regularly maintained and indoor parking. We have traveled to Florida, Massachusetts, and other fun destinations spots around New York State."

Best quality car I ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Have 22k into it after Ziebart"

Cons: "Center cup holder is poor- use the holder in door"

"Mileage estimates are way too conservative. Cruz ECO gets 31-37 MPG City and 46-52 MPG Highway. I used to love my old '92 Escort when it got 37 Highway MPG but it was a turtle next to the Cruz. Now I downshift, tromp on it and it takes off!"

Best compact car overall.

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "well equipped for price, large trunk, great mpg"

Cons: "tight cup holders."

"The Cruze is the best bang for the buck if youre looking for a compact sedan."

beat value for the money

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

"beat car for a retired couple on a fixed budget"

Car looks great,runs great.&is fun to drive.

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Great reliable car,fun to own & drive"

Cons: "Smaller car seats 4 comfortable"

Great car

"I bought this car new,Have driven it 4 yrs,it is fun to drive,has had no problems at all. The only reason I want to sell,is because I bought a new Honda.Good mileage,A great car for that Collage student.Or High school. Reliable transporation.Well taken care of.Garage keep.Silver in color."

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "Mileage...handling......looks"

Cons: "Price...ergonomics"

"First car I ever owned that has been maintenance free except for oil changes in 54400 miles! Great gas mileage! Things I don't like....ergonomics...drink holders should be forward like the Cobalts!! head space for entry... hard to get in and out of!! I am a pick up guy! Hard to see out of rear quarters... seats and post obstruct vision! Grat gas milage at highway speed...... Very good car!!!"

Could not be a better car.

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "Sporty, sharp,fun to drive, great gas mileage."

"Handles like the Corvette that I had some years ago."

Smart Choice

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "Impressive Handling & loaded with technology"

Cons: "Rear-seat headroom for taller people"

2015 Chevy Cruze LT

"The 2015 Chevrolet Cruze, with the redesigned front and upgraded interior amenities, is a smart choice for people looking for a midsized sedan at a compact car price. I purchased the LT model with turbocharged engine and automatic transmission, and was immediately impressed with the pickup, handling, and agility of the car on these Western Pennsylvania roads. The interior feels solid, comfortable, and leads the class with options such as rear-backup camera, MyLink Infotainment System, and OnStar (with the AT&T Mobile Hotspot). My passengers also loved the quietness of the interior and the 9 speaker Pioneer Sound system. Technology loves integrating with the Cruze via features such as Bluetooth Media syncing (playing music from your smartphone), OnStar diagnostics and remote start via an available free app, and XM Radio/Pandora/Slacker, which are built right in. All in all, this car outperforms the imports with a luxurious feel and great fuel economy in both city and highway. If you are new to Chevrolet, put aside any preconceptions and take it for a test drive. The car will sell itself."

2015 Chevy Cruze LT

thank goodness only a 3 yr lease vehicle

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

I don't own this car

"No space in rear seat area. Key fob is way too small causing trunk to open when trying to unlock car. Handles well in snow and bad weather. The I.P. is poorly designed and buttons difficult to use when driving."

Has Toyota and Honda beat in Spades!!

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "Agility, comfort, speed, braking, economy, price"

Cons: "No coupe available"

My best car 2014 Cruze 1LT 1.4L turbo

"I looked at the Toyota Camry, Corolla and Honda Accord and for the price the 2014 Cruze was the best deal. From the very first time I drove it, I knew it was the right car for me. Sleek, agile and very fun to drive with excellent fuel economy and acceleration, the Cruze is perfect for my driving style. Handles corners like its on rails. Virtually no road noise. The sound system has 12 speakers and its better than any that I've ever had. I can't believe you can get this much fun and technology for $18,500! Mine came with the MyLink and touchscreen. All the features make you feel like you're in control of Iron Man or a sleek spaceship. Could not be happier."

My best car 2014 Cruze 1LT 1.4L turbo

One of the worst vehicles I've ever driven

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "Awesome and sporty ext and comfortable interior"

Cons: "Poor make of the vehicle motor"

"I bought this car in January of 2014 and for the first year it was a great car... until the next winter came along. The car has a cold start problem where all the check engine lights and traction control lights come on, it won't shift, and the car will barely start. It has now been in the shop since the end of December of 2014 and it is now almost March of 2015 and the dealership says they can not find the problem. I have asked other Cruze owners about theirs and everybody seems to have problems. Maybe mine is a lemon but I would strongly advise to NOT BUY THIS CAR!"

Rxcellent Road Transportation

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "very economical to drive with comfort"

Cons: "blindspots but sensors alert to avoid collision"

"This was an early release Chevrolet Cruze Diesel. I purchased it in May 2013. I dive this car for work and mostly on highways. My average MPG is 47 and cost 5-8 cents a mile for fuel cost. On one trip to Louisiana I got 50 MPG over a distance of 797 miles. It is comfortable on long trips. In my opinion, this vehicle best the Volkswagon TDI since dealerships are abundant for service. It is a pity that Chevrolet has not made this car's presence known in its commercial advertisements. I have had one recall which was handled promptly. There have been no significant issues with engine or drive train. I have enjoyed owning it."

Afraid to use it because of defect letters from GM

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "Unreliable"

"I leased this car for the MPG and to transport my mother around. It is comfortable and well designed. However, with the recall for axles, I was told by my service rep "use it as little as possible until the parts are available and it is fixed". This took 6 months waiting on parts. I parked the car and made other arrangements for my mother. Since that time I have received 5 letters from GM advising me of various defects; which GM has no intention of fixing "until they occur"; some of which are overheating, loss of power steering, loss of lights, leaking coolant, bad battery connection; all of which are simple fixes, but have diminished my confidence in whether or not this car will break down on me and leave me stranded unable to get to where I'm going or get me back home. This is why it only has 7000 miles on it, in 18 months, and has been serviced only once, based upon time verses mileage. It is also why I am looking at trading it in for another brand of car, even if it costs me a bunch of money to get out of. The worst part for me is in 44years of driving all 37 of my vehicles have been GM."

pile of junk

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "good sound system."

Cons: "cheap interior; visibility stinks; underpowered"

"the reason i have a measly 57K is that this joke has spent entirely too much time in several dealerships for recalls/repairs. based on this vehicle, i will NEVER purchase another GM product"

The Cruz's transmission is a clunker

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Like the styling"

Cons: "No trunk release inside"

"Cosmetics are all okay but the performance of the tranny on this model is subpar. In comparison to other compact models' smooth shifting the Cruz transmission is a clunker. Its slow to respond to sudden acceleration from a dead stop; downshifts during a rolling stop result in a jerky acceleration, and a noticeable lag time between shifts during normal acceleration."

Cruze LTZ- Week long loaner

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Small car can fit large driver"

Cons: "Cup-holder is right where armrest should be"

"I'm 6'5 and this is the car I drove when my car(an 03 Focus) went in for serious engine work. The car seemed about the same size on the outside as my focus but seemed to have far more space and amenities then my car. Obviously it's 10yrs newer then mine but I hardly even used most the features that my current car doesn't have. Had remote start, which I didn't use even though it's winter because I'm gas conscious and don't have it outside for more then 12hrs, but it'd be a plus for someone w/o garage parking. Was an automatic vs my stick-shift and had that natural instinct to want to change gears(accidentally put it in neutral a couple time). With a free hand though I now see how so many people want to text/call while driving, which could be a bad thing. Far more options though in the main cd/display area. Felt very close to an old-mans car. Put a v6 in it and have every seat add-on option to make it just sail like the toyota avalon. But it this is definitely a nice car option for any more environmentally friendly folks. Had all the things for tech-savy people, good gas mileage for eco-friendly people, and plenty of extras to make it Your chevy cruze."

Decent car if you don't drive a lot

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pros: "Great milage, looks nice, XM/Onstar, Convenient"

Cons: "Things broke, No HP,"

"The thermometer broke on me about 50k miles in. The radiator fan would spin at full speed even when it was <10 degrees outside. Very low horsepower, and you WILL notice that. It was a decent car but I would not buy it again. If you don't drive a lot and you live somewhere flat then this car might be for you."

I love this car! 41 + miles per gallon locally

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "GREAT mpg! Snappy and fun to drive. Nice big trunk"

Cons: "cup holder phone charger & shift jammed together"

"I LOVE the gas mileage and it's really fun to drive! It's easy to forget after you get in 4th gear that you have 2 more gears but I'm getting used to it. It has some kind of computer that tells you what you're average mileage is over 500 miles and it is like playing a game to get better mileage. Very responsive and snappy. Cons: some road noise. No place to put phone with gear shift, coffee, etc. (could be solved with longer charger cord though). When back windows are down it makes an awful racket with wind or something. Overall I am tickled with it. I paid $12,200. Best present I ever gave myself. The blue tooth is SOOOO nice!"

Love the car so far. Great to drive.

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage. Fun to drive. Rides great."

Cons: "No cruise. Needs more torque/HP."

"I would totally love this car if it had cruise(not offered on this model) and a little more HP."

Good car

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "Great mpg, reliable, inexpencive to operate."

"This has been a very good car. It has averaged 32.5 mpg, has never broke down, and is very comfortable for a small car. We like it so much my wife has a loaded 2013, and we love that one also. I would defiantly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a good reliable, inexpensive, high gas mileage vehicle."

Ready to trade it.

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "gas mileage, features, look, Remote Starter"

Cons: "No space, too many recalls."

"I bought this car on August 9 2013. I really regret it. This car has so many recalls and you feel every numb while driving. I love the gas mileage but there is no space in back seat. If you're looking for a roomy car pleas don't purchase this car.overall it is a nice car."

Perfect family car

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "great fun"

Cons: "Not able to listen to song via blue tooth"

"I have had this car for quite a while and am totally impressed"

worse vehicle ever

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Cons: "terrible"

"This vehicle is the worse vehicle we have ever owned. In the shop multiple times. Would never recommend buying a Cruze."

looks great from a distance

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "handles Excellently in the Snow"

Cons: "only lets me bluetooth phone calls but not music?"

"Way overpaid for this car- my own fault i guess can't see anything backing up has the worst blind spots of any car i've ever driven catches rocks like they were magnetized to the Windsheild. great on road trips seats are comfy and gas mileage is amazing but forget about tall passengers getting any sleep while you drive theres no room to recline if more than two people in the car. large spacious trunk handles like a dream provided you can find a way to see where your going. wish i could trade it in for something bigger but somehow i'm 20,000 in the hole for a car this site says is only worth 10,000 7 months after buying it."

Worst car I ever had

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"After driving this car for almost 2 years I do not like it. It is slow, drives like a truck, takes bumps badly. The inside is small. The steering wheel obscures one of the heater vents. Driving on an expressway, it is VERY noisy. I am sorry I ever bought it !!!"