2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,129 - $24,810.

10/6.8

8.4

Based on 480 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Very pleased with this car

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "Great mileage, looks good, instrument panel easy to use, fun to drive."

Cons: "Arm rest not usable (back too far)"

"I was looking for a new car for a low payment and ended up leasing this car with no money down. The reviews were that it was outselling the Civic and Corolla. I am very pleased with the car - the gas mileage is great. I am averaging 29 to 30 miles per gallon in the city. Highway miles are even better but i haven't taken a long trip yet. It's a sharp looking car and I love the way it handles."

Excellent Car! Better than the Rest

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

I want this car

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "None so Far"

"Excellent Car, been a VW owner for years and was very disappointed in the new ones out. This car has so much over on so many. Was a little worried about having a chevy over others BUT, it was the best of all we drove, VW, Toyota, Honda. Got to hand it to them, Very good job, fun, comfy, all the bells and whistles for a decent price. Way to go GM!"

A safe, economical and fun car to drive.

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Backseat legroom & no spare"

"Ovarall extremely pleased with this vehicle. We've enjoyed the 6 speed transmission. Average mileage for 67K is 43 mpg. Highest on trip was 53 mpg. A bit disappointed with gas mileage in town. The gearing of transmission very 'tall'. As result can stall vehicle at low speeds in 2nd gear. A very comfortable car for front seat passengers. The backseat leg room is a bit tight. A good ride and very quiet. A great highway car."

Love my Cruze

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

Pros: "Good performance, handling, reliability"

Cons: "No cruise control offered on the LS"

"I bought my Cruze LS new in April 2012. It's one of those rare machines that doesn't excel in any particular field, but does everything well. The 1.8L engine is smooth, quiet, and perfectly adequate even with a cabin full of large guys and a trunk full of camping gear. The handling is light and quick without ever being darty or wallowing. It's remarkably easy to perform basic maintenance on. The clutch is one of the smoothest I've ever driven. I consistently exceed the estimated mileage, usually getting 33-34 mpg in combined driving. My only ongoing gripe is a vibration in the transmission in 4th, which Chevy won't acknowledge but every manual Cruze owner has experienced. That aside, Chevy's got a winner in this model."

I Love It!

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Quick, efficient, very comfortable."

Cons: "No cup holders with split rear seat option."

"I was first considering the Sonic, but was curious what a few thousand dollars meant. The Cruze had additional elbow room, more trunk space (where batteries would be in it's cousin the Volt) and BETTER gas mileage. In fact I can average 48 MPG round trip on the flats (under 70 MPH) with the AC off and the windows up. And using the accelerator lightly and tach no higher than 2k helps city mileage considerably. The get-up-and-go is quite impressive, but pushing it will cost you at the pump. My only wish was that I had picked one with the solid rear seat - this split rear seat does not have the fold down cup holders. The driver and passenger have two good holders in the center column and two slanted holders for capped bottles in the doors, but none in reach of the rear occupants. My teenage daughter loves the Satellite radio and the plug-ins for both aux and USB. And her friends (up to three) seem to be quite content in the back seat."