2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,129 - $24,810.

10/6.8

8.4

Based on 480 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great Small Sedan Eco 2013

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Easy highway handling, great rebate, feels safe"

Cons: "No driver right-side armrest"

"Bought it on Thursday night, took it on a road trip to Arizona on Friday. Smooth highway driving with speeds up to 85 MPH, I am very happy with my purchase! Smallish steering wheel, interior is very nice and love how solid the doors are, makes me feel like I bought a mid-size though the gas mileage reminds me it is a small car. Solid acceleration when needed. The MPG minder fluctuates a bunch driving around town. Be careful with the spoilers, they are low."

Love it..getting 36mpg..all around town/44highway

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "mileage"

Cons: "small"

"very quiet, little smaller than my last car , but getting used to it(worth the mileage)..eco model..awesome design...highly recommend it/chevys got a winner"

Love this car!!

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful car! Awesome to drive! Affordable!"

Cons: "None so far!"

"For the price point and the features it has, this is the most amazingly awesome car I could possibly afford! The gas mileage is fantastic, the car drives like a dream, the response of pedal Pick Up is awesome for a 4 cyl. I LOVE my car! I have spoken to other Cruze owners as well, and they all LOVE the Cruze! 10 air bags, so I know my son and I will be as safe as possible in any kind of accident, (God Forbid!) My insurance went down because of the 5 out of 5 safety rating. This car is not only beautiful, but completely roadworthy, feels safe and is super easy to drive. Did I say that I love my car?"

Nice "beginner" car

By on Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Pros: "great sound system, on star, small steering wheel"

Cons: "over priced, no storage, too compact"

"This car may be reliable but as far as comparing this to my old car which was an Oldsmobile Alero, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to my Alero. This car has NO pick up speed and the engine's RPM's struggle if you want to accelerate which could cause a problem if in an emergency. Switching gears is NOT smooth in this car. When I test drove the car at the dealership, the gears acted the same way but being the winter, I thought the engine was still cold. One of the first things to go was the AUX input inside the compartment between the front seats. A friend of mine who has the same car says his outside thermometer goes up to 150 degrees, (mind you, we live in upstate NY) so electrical problems may be a common factor in this car. It is indeed a compact car, so be prepared for hardly any storage spaces. Another detail that you might not notice right away is the passenger head rest blocks your sight out of the backright window unless adjusted all the way forward. If you have a passenger with you, it is an annoying blind spot. On a more positive note, the seating is very comfortable. The leather seats aren't a favorite but they heat up quickly when needed. In fact, they can get a little too warm when left on high. The interior design is very nice with a 2 tone brown. The back seat can be separated with a fold down flap with 2 cup holders which is nice for the kids. Lastly, the trunk space is great. They could have compensated less trunk space for more passenger space. Definately a car to think through your pros and cons"

Fun and Comfortable so far!

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "Balanced Handling Dynamics, fantastic manual trans"

Cons: "Price is a tad high. Rear leg room"

Love the interior!

"Bought it brand new. LS with A/C and 6-speed manual. So far the car has been great. It's quiet, comfortable, the gauge coloring and the size of the gauges are great. The steering wheel feels good and I love the shifter. The handling is excellent considering the balance that GM found between comfortable ride and sporty handling for the price. The car definitely feels under powered but once you learn which gear to shift down to when passing it's not too difficult to live with. I'd be scared to see the Auto though. The seats are very comfortable. The back seat leg room is kind of tight but it's a small trade off. The trunk has plenty of room as well. It's very relaxing to drive, on the highway it is remarkably smooth and quiet and the fuel economy has been good so far. 9.1 L/100 km's in the city and 7.3 L/100 km's on the highway. This is coming from an SS Turbo Cobalt that did 11.9-12.3 L/100 km's city and 8.0-8.9 L/100 km's highway. So for me the savings are instant. I can see how people would gripe about the car but it depends on what you want. If you want a crapload of Luxury features for the same price as an LS with A/C and nothing else, go for the Elantra but I can tell you from test driving that the shifter doesn't feel as good (manual) as the Cruze and while it has a pretty comfortable ride it sorely lacks the sporty feel of the Cruze. The Focus is very noisy and not much more of a steal in terms of price. The shifter felt really good but the clutch lacked the ease of operation of the Cruze. Bottom line, if you want a car with an excellent balance between ride comfort and sporty handling, as well as great comfort and steering. This is the car for you. Will update again once I hit 1500 km's"

Love the interior!